General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help and suggestions!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:00 PM
rowoonnee
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help and suggestions!!

Hey everyone!

so i've been wondering on if i should change my stripes or not on my mini! I own a 2008 astro black metallic mini cooper. Lately, the newer mini coopers with the red viper stripes have been catching my eye. And i'd love to put them on! But i can't find a image online or anything to help me. So i was hoping someone can maybe Photoshop a black 2008 mini cooper (try and not use a s type please) with red viper stripes and maybe red mirror caps as well? Also should i do it or not? Im thinking of getting red viper stripes with red mirror caps if i commit! And if yall have suggestions on other color of stripes i should get or style of the stripe feel free to post! please and thank you!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
The best thing about a MINI is you can customize it as you like. Go ahead and do what you like .

Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 AM
rowoonnee
1st Gear
Originally Posted by amancuso
The best thing about a MINI is you can customize it as you like. Go ahead and do what you like .
Alright thanks! It's just i don't want to mess anything up!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:17 AM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What climate do you live in? One of the issues may be ghosting of the paint where the current bonnet stripes are located that will be evident when you remove them. Just food for thought before removing them. If the car has been garaged and in a climate where extreme sun has not been beating down on black base coat since new, the ghosting may be minor. If it has lived it's life outside or in extreme sun, the ghosting may be extreme.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM
YZZX
2nd Gear
Is ghosting an issue with all colors? Just curious because I have a Chili red and was thinking of removing the strips or replacing them. It is garaged overnight but will be sitting out in the sun while I work from 1 pm to night.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM
rowoonnee
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CHKMINI
What climate do you live in? One of the issues may be ghosting of the paint where the current bonnet stripes are located that will be evident when you remove them. Just food for thought before removing them. If the car has been garaged and in a climate where extreme sun has not been beating down on black base coat since new, the ghosting may be minor. If it has lived it's life outside or in extreme sun, the ghosting may be extreme.
I live in North texas! But my car occasionally is parked outside when the spots in my garage are taken. But i've had my car for a year now and when i bought it the dealer had applied the stripes..so they haven't been on for a long time, Will ghosting be an issue????????? But the sun is strong down here, like its mid December and its almost 80 degrees!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 AM
rowoonnee
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CHKMINI
Also is there any way to get rid of the ghosting????