General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Sales Figures

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Spa2k
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting info on NA sales. In a worldwide news release yesterday, BMW said "Nearly 3,000 MINI Paceman vehicles, the latest addition to the MINI family, have been sold since its launch in mid-March this year." I guess we know where they're not selling so far, although in fairness the supply to U.S dealers until now seems to have been been pretty limited. All of a sudden my local dealer has several of them on the lot.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Spa2k
Interesting info on NA sales. In a worldwide news release yesterday, BMW said "Nearly 3,000 MINI Paceman vehicles, the latest addition to the MINI family, have been sold since its launch in mid-March this year." I guess we know where they're not selling so far, although in fairness the supply to U.S dealers until now seems to have been been pretty limited. All of a sudden my local dealer has several of them on the lot.
Cool! My dealer has had a ton since April, bit it is a big dealer (under Penske umbrella) and all of their dealers in Orange County get huge allocations.

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 06-11-2013, 02:51 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pmsummer
No, if you look at the graph, it's relatively flat (all MINI sales are trending down right now, BTW). And like I said, it consistently outsells four other MINI lines, year to year. Still.

The 'vert outsells it in the springtime, but lags the rest of the year. The Clubvan's modest addition (less modest in the EU) will simply solidify it as MINI's #3 line.
I don't need a degree in statistical analysis to see the trend line for the Clubman is down. The Hardtop is staight. The Countryman and the Roadster are up.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
I don't need a degree in statistical analysis to see the trend line for the Clubman is down. The Hardtop is staight. The Countryman and the Roadster are up.
Aye-yup!

Trendlines for vehicles listed above.

Note: as of this posting, Evernote is running some maintenance so it is dog slow, kind of like a Fiat 500.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks, E.. even though I am on my smartphone right now and nearly gave myself a brain hemorrhage trying to read that on my tiny screen.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:53 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Here are the latest sales figures for the month of June.

Countryman still strong, and the Paceman sold as many in June as it has all year long, so seems to be getting some traction, and according to the press release, it was the best month ever for Mini in the US!

Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by EHans
Here are the latest sales figures for the month of June.
Thanks for the update! I took some time to re-enter the data into Excel (and double check that they all added up properly), and used it to build some slightly different views into the data. Specifically, I'm interested in monthly averages and seasonal variations, to better understand how a model is performing against its historic norms. This, in theory, should help us filter out seasonal variations in model demand to get a better idea of overall trends.

There were some surprises in the data. It's not surprising that the Convertible sells best in spring and summer, but the Coupe has a weird October spike, and Hardtop (aka Hatch to our UK friends) sales drop significantly in the summer vs spring/fall/winter. Neat stuff. Checkout the sparkline bar charts for each model and year.

(full size image here)

Last edited by bratling; 07-04-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Added direct link to image so you can zoom in. Also fixed a minor error.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:01 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Nice looking chart Bratling. Looks like it was published by Mini itself. The seasonal moves are interesting.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Here are the latest with July figures included. A few notes:
  1. Best July for Mini
  2. For the first 7 months of the year, sales are 1% better than 2012
  3. For the second time, the Countryman is the best selling Mini, thanks in no small part to me purchasing Lana this month. The first time the Countryman took top sales was in September of 2012.
  4. The Countryman is the only Mini that saw an increase in sales from June.
  5. Paceman got a nice boost in June, but fell back in July. Still not moving well.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:52 PM
DeanLinAZ
1st Gear
EHans:

Thanks for the chart and the updates. Nice work! The interpretations by some folks are interesting as well. Thanks again.

DeanLinAZ
2013 MCS Hardtop, Eclipse Gray Metallic/Black Top, 6-speed tranny, lots of good stuff.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:01 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Here are the latest with July figures included. A few notes:[*]Best July for Mini[*]For the first 7 months of the year, sales are 1% better than 2012[*]For the second time, the Countryman is the best selling Mini, thanks in no small part to me purchasing Lana this month. The first time the Countryman took top sales was in September of 2012.[*]The Countryman is the only Mini that saw an increase in sales from June.[*]Paceman got a nice boost in June, but fell back in July. Still not moving well.
Do you happen to have Ana update through end of 2013?

Old 01-12-2014, 07:16 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bratling
Do you happen to have Ana update through end of 2013?
Yeah, I have all of the data. I just need to sit down and do it. Thanks for the nudge. Let me see if I can post it in the next few days.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:29 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Yeah, I have all of the data. I just need to sit down and do it. Thanks for the nudge. Let me see if I can post it in the next few days.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring