General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 06:12 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by onefish2

BMW speak for changes made to refresh a model usually halfway through its lifespan. Usually visual tweaks to the front or rear of the car.

Commonly referred to as a LCI (Life Cycle Impulse.)
Thanks

Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
mini on
4th Gear
Originally Posted by M7Tuning
This is Regis from M7 Tuning. Since Gonzodagreek took this public I think its only fair I respond in public, something I usually would never do.
We made a mistake and an email that was not meant for Gonzodagreek unfortunately was sent to him. I make no excuses for what happened. I also apologize.
This is not the typical way we treat a M7 Tuning customer. Everyone has a bad day every now and then, such is the case here.
Gonzodagreek was kind enough to send detailed pictures and info on the problem he experienced. We were in the process of verifying if the problem was with the car, the person that installed it or with us when Gonzodagreek contacted us after a 4 week delay.
I immediately contacted Gonzodagreek as soon as I found out the email was sent, even before he ever opened it. I reached out and called Gonzodagreek, and tried to work out a solution with Gonzodagreek. He demanded that we completely reimburse him for the cost of his already-installed splitter. He also said that in addition he wants a free set of M7 lower springs. He said this was "just the start". We made a mistake but we are not going to be blackmailed into providing free parts and more. Name calling will not work either Gonzodagreek.

Again, I extend my apologies on behalf of M7 Tuning to Gonzodagreek and I can only hope that his public trashing of M7 Tuning, whether right or wrong, goes towards making him feel better about this.
Thank you, Regis
That email was a huge mistake. If Gonzo is not happy with his splitter, he should be allowed to return it no matter what condition it is in. And I think an apology and a nice store credit are in order. You screwed up. In this case the customer is probably right.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:23 AM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mini on
That email was a huge mistake. If Gonzo is not happy with his splitter, he should be allowed to return it no matter what condition it is in. And I think an apology and a nice store credit are in order. You screwed up. In this case the customer is probably right.
In order to mount the splitter, you need to drill holes in it. Where you and I would put these holes would be different. How careful the holes are drilled as not to crack the carbon fiber etc. I think after mounting the part could not be resold.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, if he modified it, he owns it. However, that email slip was huge... If I were in their position I would at least offer some kind of discount for the trouble. That being said, if he installed the part and made modifications, then they really don't owe him anything. The money would just be an effort to save face.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:38 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by daflake
yep, if he modified it, he owns it. However, that email slip was huge... If i were in their position i would at least offer some kind of discount for the trouble. That being said, if he installed the part and made modifications, then they really don't owe him anything. The money would just be an effort to save face.
+1

Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 AM
mitch171
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After working in retail I understand that many things are said about customers that are not intended to leave company discussion. Right or wrong it happens. So M7 got caught and they need to save face and right the wrong. That being said blackmailing is not appropriate either. My only suggestion for M7 is to be quicker in righting a wrong, a lot goes on in a business but a customer is only thinking about what happened to them, the quicker you can change them from upset to happy the better even if you take an initial loss it will stop the bleeding.

After reading the first post I was taking to myself that I will not consider the cai from M7, after reading the reply by M7 I do feel better and more understanding. Because I could read a response right when I started to form an opinion I can continue to form an opinion with both sides heard.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:05 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Oh yeah, I don't think that the OP is clean in this at all and he certainly hasn't come back to defend his position. I think that M7 was wanting to work with him but he brought it here instead. I have M7 products and will only say that I like what I have. Only time will tell if the new owners are up to snuff.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:33 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think M7 owes the OP anything. Trash talking customers via internal email is probably a bad idea, but I can see why they were frustrated.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Sorry to say but IMO they are both wrong. They both should accept responsibility for their actions. Sounds like M7 did.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by braminator
sorry to say but imo they are both wrong. They both should accept responsibility for their actions. Sounds like m7 did.
+ 1

Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 PM
davisflyer
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcameron
as far as im concerned, the most i would EXPECT out of a company in this situation would be to pay for return shipping and refund my money.......not allow me to keep the merch. give me my money back, and then give me free stuff on top of it.
Like I said, he would have to return the part in order to get the refund.

That being said, OP needs to learn patience. I would not have installed the part if it wasn't right. And asking for free merchandise to make it right.....

Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Whenever you are not happy with a product get a refund. As said before, the moment you try to make it work... its yours. Sorry to the OP but that's just the truth.
Hilarious that M7 got caught with their pants down though LOL. An easy reply would have been from a Purchase Policy, assuming they have one to avoid problems.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:30 PM
6000pounds
4th Gear
I'm interested in OP's actual screen shots of the email otherwise this is all he said she said. For all we know 1 person is lieing or both.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by 6000pounds
I'm interested in OP's actual screen shots of the email otherwise this is all he said she said. For all we know 1 person is lieing or both.
M7 acknowledged he said it by having a bad day. So no reason to see the screen shots. M7 took responsibility for his actions. But the OP was trying to blackmail them into free stuff. Read thru the whole thread.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by M7Tuning
This is Regis from M7 Tuning. Since Gonzodagreek took this public I think its only fair I respond in public, something I usually would never do.
We made a mistake and an email that was not meant for Gonzodagreek unfortunately was sent to him. I make no excuses for what happened. I also apologize.
This is not the typical way we treat a M7 Tuning customer. Everyone has a bad day every now and then, such is the case here.
Gonzodagreek was kind enough to send detailed pictures and info on the problem he experienced. We were in the process of verifying if the problem was with the car, the person that installed it or with us when Gonzodagreek contacted us after a 4 week delay.
I immediately contacted Gonzodagreek as soon as I found out the email was sent, even before he ever opened it. I reached out and called Gonzodagreek, and tried to work out a solution with Gonzodagreek. He demanded that we completely reimburse him for the cost of his already-installed splitter. He also said that in addition he wants a free set of M7 lower springs. He said this was "just the start". We made a mistake but we are not going to be blackmailed into providing free parts and more. Name calling will not work either Gonzodagreek.

Again, I extend my apologies on behalf of M7 Tuning to Gonzodagreek and I can only hope that his public trashing of M7 Tuning, whether right or wrong, goes towards making him feel better about this.
Thank you, Regis
Phew, I was contemplating buying some items from M7 now, not so much. considering how much these parts cost and to have something not fit when they say it does is absurd! Regis, should have had Kathie Lee handle this one..FS...The way the OWNER referred to the OP, I could imagine them "chatting" about their error using that kind of reference. GL with your biz guys...

Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
GFB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by braminator
sorry to say but imo they are both wrong. They both should accept responsibility for their actions. Sounds like m7 did.
+1

Old 08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by JCW_Coupe
Phew, I was contemplating buying some items from M7 now, not so much. considering how much these parts cost and to have something not fit when they say it does is absurd! Regis, should have had Kathie Lee handle this one..FS...The way the OWNER referred to the OP, I could imagine them "chatting" about their error using that kind of reference. GL with your biz guys...
He had a bad day, s**t happens. I really wonder how much the OP emailed or called driving them nuts for M7 to say what he said. He was pushed to his breaking point by what sound like extortion on the OP's part. If it did not fit send it back plain and simple. But to then modify it and complain over and over and then to trash them on the forum was totally wrong on the OP's part again. Just saying.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Braminator
He had a bad day, s**t happens. I really wonder how much the OP emailed or called driving them nuts for M7 to say what he said. He was pushed to his breaking point by what sound like extortion on the OP's part. If it did not fit send it back plain and simple. But to then modify it and complain over and over and then to trash them on the forum was totally wrong on the OP's part again. Just saying.
dunno, for $350 M7 should have emailed a label and said send it back we will cover it and refund you in full, maybe give the guy a small sorry gift, heck a t-shirt maybe and a promise to fix the issue and give the guy a discount on the correct part, seems reasonable to me no?...but weeks go by..hmmm....how hard would that have been?

Old 08-08-2013, 02:41 PM
SUPRAMO
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's a picture of a jcw coupe from mexico with the splitter, looks small but nice.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
eh, not my taste...should be a bit wider FS

Old 08-09-2013, 05:12 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Braminator
M7 acknowledged he said it by having a bad day. So no reason to see the screen shots. M7 took responsibility for his actions. But the OP was trying to blackmail them into free stuff. Read thru the whole thread.
I did. How do you know he was attempting to blackmail them? Because he said so? Also my male junk is 12 inches long...because I said so. For such serious accusations mods should sllow both parties to post actual screen shots of the emails that took place. Plain and simple.

Edit: As a matter of fact I was the user who advised him to make a seperate thread about this topic instead of posting in their other new product thread. I'm all for unbiased debate but don't be so quick to side with someone just because someone says so. Actual pics of the emails otherwise not a single **** given about either's side of the debate. If anything this thread has turned into an advertisement and picture thread of the lip on MINI's.

Last edited by 6000pounds; 08-09-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:33 AM
GFB
3rd Gear
I did. How do you know he was attempting to blackmail them? Because he said so? Also my male junk is 12 inches long...because I said so. For such serious accusations mods should sllow both parties to post actual screen shots of the emails that took place. Plain and simple.

Edit: As a matter of fact I was the user who advised him to make a seperate thread about this topic instead of posting in their other new product thread. I'm all for unbiased debate but don't be so quick to side with someone just because someone says so. Actual pics of the emails otherwise not a single **** given about either's side of the debate. If anything this thread has turned into an advertisement and picture thread of the lip on MINI's.
I'd hypothesize there's some inherent credibility to M7 at the moment, as any business willing to reply on a public forum on a serious PR issue would be insane to lie. Last thing they need is an actual screenshot coming down the line and showing them lying in an attempt to gain credibility in the argument. Chances they made up the blackmailing? I'd put it close to nil.

A random pissed off customer wanting free stuff because of a PR incident? Guaranteed.

Screenshots or not, M7 is going to have to tiptoe carefully around this one and all future transactions. If they're interested in staying in business, they're best to stay on the side of honesty, as is my guess they're doing now.

When the defecation hits the oscillation for a business on a public forum, trying to lie to save face is almost as good as closing shop.

Plus, giving away a free part when one screws up isn't a bad idea. Giving away a boatload of extra stuff because someone demands it? That's another bad idea.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by GFB
When the defecation hits the oscillation for a business on a public forum, trying to lie to save face is almost as good as closing shop.
My NEW FAVORITE quote! Agreed, but one small thing, its possible that he saw that email and said WTF, i would, and probably said eff this place send me springs or i show what you said, while extreme, id be REAL pissed as well, why the "what do you want" by them in the beginning,ill say again, why didnt they apologize, send a label via email refund this guy and give him a small gift for the hassle with a promise of a discounted PROPER part in the future. Handled poorly! Customer Service this was not!

Old 08-09-2013, 05:58 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Originally Posted by GFB
I'd hypothesize there's some inherent credibility to M7 at the moment, as any business willing to reply on a public forum on a serious PR issue would be insane to lie. Last thing they need is an actual screenshot coming down the line and showing them lying in an attempt to gain credibility in the argument. Chances they made up the blackmailing? I'd put it close to nil.

A random pissed off customer wanting free stuff because of a PR incident? Guaranteed.

Screenshots or not, M7 is going to have to tiptoe carefully around this one and all future transactions. If they're interested in staying in business, they're best to stay on the side of honesty, as is my guess they're doing now.

Plus, giving away a free part when one screws up isn't a bad idea. Giving away a boatload of extra stuff because someone demands it? That's another bad idea.

You assume I am defending the OP from the comments you made. "Guarenteed" OP wants free stuff, I hope you don't get called for jury duty a lot. How can you guarantee anything?! Not a single person knows what actually happened besides OP and M7. The witch hunt brigade and the guaranteed defense council is amazing in this thread.

I frequent 3 other car forums on a daily basis each with a scammer/negative feedback marketplace section. Why this site doesn't have one with the ability to post screen shots is beyond me. Don't think that MINI is too classy for this kind of thing.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE

So we should not side with you or the OP because you said so. They both explained their side and the OP made it clear he wanted free stuff for not liking the way their product fit or did not fit. M7 already apologized for having a bad day which we all have by saying something he should not have said. The OP"your friend" then continued to demand free things because he felt he was justified because he had an email to blackmail them with. But it did not work so then he went public. Yippie. See how well that worked out for him.

I agree that we have the right to make it public of our bad experiences. But like I said before this was 50/50 both their faults. Your friends for installing it when it did not fit the way he wanted and M7 for calling him a name in an email that was not meant for your friends eyes. Again a mistake that M7 acknowledged and apologized for. So what does it take to make you and your friend happy now? Let me guess, free stuff.

Last edited by Braminator; 08-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!