General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:48 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Braminator

So we should not side with you or the OP because you said so. They both explained their side and the OP made it clear he wanted free stuff for not liking the way their product fit or did not fit. M7 already apologized for having a bad day which we all have by saying something he should not have said. The OP"your friend" then continued to demand free things because he felt he was justified because he had an email to blackmail them with. But it did not work so then he went public. Yippie. See how well that worked out for him.

I agree that we have the right to make it public of our bad experiences. But like I said before this was 50/50 both their faults. Your friends for installing it when it did not fit the way he wanted and M7 for calling him a name in an email that was not meant for your friends eyes. Again a mistake that M7 acknowledged and apologized for. So what does it take to make you and your friend happy now? Let me guess, free stuff.
hey Bram, not siding, but would you call what M7 did Customer service? why would it take weeks or even a week to "see what we can do" why didnt M7 present a solution immediately then string him along instead...dunno just see poor C/S free stuff aside, they should have dealt with it long before the F bomb email...

Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All in all, I'm not buying anything from M7 because of poor service for not handling the situation earlier like JCW said.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by JCW_Coupe
hey Bram, not siding, but would you call what M7 did Customer service? why would it take weeks or even a week to "see what we can do" why didnt M7 present a solution immediately then string him along instead...dunno just see poor C/S free stuff aside, they should have dealt with it long before the F bomb email...
Just to be clear. I think M7's handling of this customer was **** poor. It should of never dragged on and it should of been handled immediately.

All companies have customer issues just like this. Most we just never hear about. My issue is we heard right out of the OP's mouth, that he demanded free stuff from the start. Then he got more demanding after M7 dropped the F bomb and emailed it to him by mistake. Shame on M7 for not paying attention to who he was replying too. Im not upset he said it. We all do that when we have a bad day. Anyone who deals with the public has done or said worse after the customer has left or hung up. You would be a lying fool if you say you never have done it.

I am curious to know now what it would take for the OP to be happy. I am also curious to why the OP continued to install the part if he was that unhappy. Why not just send it back if he was that unhappy? Now he has the part bolted to his MINI and will continue to bad mouth M7 every time someone says anything about how good or bad the lip looks. Who really looks bad now?

I own nothing of M7's on my MINI and this issue would not sway my decision either way.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:52 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear

So we should not side with you or the OP because you said so. They both explained their side and the OP made it clear he wanted free stuff for not liking the way their product fit or did not fit. M7 already apologized for having a bad day which we all have by saying something he should not have said. The OP"your friend" then continued to demand free things because he felt he was justified because he had an email to blackmail them with. But it did not work so then he went public. Yippie. See how well that worked out for him.

I agree that we have the right to make it public of our bad experiences. But like I said before this was 50/50 both their faults. Your friends for installing it when it did not fit the way he wanted and M7 for calling him a name in an email that was not meant for your friends eyes. Again a mistake that M7 acknowledged and apologized for. So what does it take to make you and your friend happy now? Let me guess, free stuff.

WHAT SIDE HAVE I TAKEN?! I haven't chose a side in this whole entire thread. No one has seen the actual emails besides M7 and OP and that's a fact. No one really knows what was said and that's a fact. You can deny it and believe anyone all you want but until you see both sides of the emails, no one in this thread has no idea what the f%ck they are talking about besides M7 and OP. You don't know that "my friend" demanded anything. Some other NAM user with purple letters said so so you believe him. The fact is no one knows wtf was said. Form all the opinions and side with whoever you choose idc about this thread anymore.

LOL @ the OP being my friend. In what post did I give any indication that I know this guy from dirt?! I posted in a new product thread M7 posted last week and I asked about fitment on their hood scoop. OP chimed in and said their fitment sucks. I wrote him a PM telling him to make his own thread if he felt that way about M7 which he did. I never agreed or disagreed with OP in any thread anywhere on this forum.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:00 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Just to be clear. I think M7's handling of this customer was **** poor. It should of never dragged on and it should of been handled immediately.

All companies have customer issues just like this. Most we just never hear about. My issue is we heard right out of the OP's mouth, that he demanded free stuff from the start. Then he got more demanding after M7 dropped the F bomb and emailed it to him by mistake. Shame on M7 for not paying attention to who he was replying too. Im not upset he said it. We all do that when we have a bad day. Anyone who deals with the public has done or said worse after the customer has left or hung up. You would be a lying fool if you say you never have done it.

I am curious to know now what it would take for the OP to be happy. I am also curious to why the OP continued to install the part if he was that unhappy. Why not just send it back if he was that unhappy? Now he has the part bolted to his MINI and will continue to bad mouth M7 every time someone says anything about how good or bad the lip looks. Who really looks bad now?

I own nothing of M7's on my MINI and this issue would not sway my decision either way.
Of course companies have issues with c/s but expect a smaller company to handle issues more efficiently. But either way damage is done M7....:{

Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
GFB
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 6000pounds
WHAT SIDE HAVE I TAKEN?! I haven't chose a side in this whole entire thread. No one has seen the actual emails besides M7 and OP and that's a fact. No one really knows what was said and that's a fact. You can deny it and believe anyone all you want but until you see both sides of the emails, no one in this thread has no idea what the f%ck they are talking about besides M7 and OP. You don't know that "my friend" demanded anything. Some other NAM user with purple letters said so so you believe him. The fact is no one knows wtf was said. Form all the opinions and side with whoever you choose idc about this thread anymore.

LOL @ the OP being my friend. In what post did I give any indication that I know this guy from dirt?! I posted in a new product thread M7 posted last week and I asked about fitment on their hood scoop. OP chimed in and said their fitment sucks. I wrote him a PM telling him to make his own thread if he felt that way about M7 which he did. I never agreed or disagreed with OP in any thread anywhere on this forum.
Dude you need to calm down. This isn't even your problem with the splitter. If you're going to get yourself in a tizzy so fast over what people say in response to you on a public forum, you should be able to handle what comes at you with at least some poise.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by GFB
Dude you need to calm down. This isn't even your problem with the splitter. If you're going to get yourself in a tizzy so fast over what people say in response to you on a public forum, you should be able to handle what comes at you with at least some poise.
+1 relax...we are all friends here

Old 08-09-2013, 10:58 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Originally Posted by GFB
Well c'mon man how many times do I have to explain to Braminator I don't know OP and I'm not taking a side. So annoying when someone just straight up ipgnores that and quotes you with theier own agenda in several posts. In any case I'm officially done with this thread. Assumptions>this thread>logic

Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by JCW_Coupe
+1 relax...we are all friends here
+2

Old 08-09-2013, 11:35 AM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm gonna use that quote on my IG, thank you Bram!

Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by RobMuntean
I'm gonna use that quote on my IG, thank you Bram!
LMAO

Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM
TomFarin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Sequence on Customer Service

I've run my own company for close to 30 years. I've been known to use the F-bomb, but I don't recall ever putting it in writing (or saying it to a customer's face which is effectively what happened) ... Email especially is a really really really dangerous communication tool. A bit like peeing out the window of your MINI or Mini at 60 mph. You are not sure where it is going to end up.

So M7 has learned a hard lesson in customer service and a bit about quality control. We've learned a few lessons in my company too over the years. In companies that are survivers, it is interesting how customer service suddenly gets a whole lot better after something like this happens. I think M7 deserves another chance. They apologized. It sounds like they mean it.

As for the exchange of 'information' that has been going on here, I agree with the statement in Braminator's post. The truth is likely to be somewhere in the middle. Can we move on to something more interesting?

-t

Old 08-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by M7Tuning
This is Regis from M7 Tuning. Since Gonzodagreek took this public I think its only fair I respond in public, something I usually would never do.
We made a mistake and an email that was not meant for Gonzodagreek unfortunately was sent to him. I make no excuses for what happened. I also apologize.
This is not the typical way we treat a M7 Tuning customer. Everyone has a bad day every now and then, such is the case here.
Gonzodagreek was kind enough to send detailed pictures and info on the problem he experienced. We were in the process of verifying if the problem was with the car, the person that installed it or with us when Gonzodagreek contacted us after a 4 week delay.
I immediately contacted Gonzodagreek as soon as I found out the email was sent, even before he ever opened it. I reached out and called Gonzodagreek, and tried to work out a solution with Gonzodagreek. He demanded that we completely reimburse him for the cost of his already-installed splitter. He also said that in addition he wants a free set of M7 lower springs. He said this was "just the start". We made a mistake but we are not going to be blackmailed into providing free parts and more. Name calling will not work either Gonzodagreek.

Again, I extend my apologies on behalf of M7 Tuning to Gonzodagreek and I can only hope that his public trashing of M7 Tuning, whether right or wrong, goes towards making him feel better about this.
Thank you, Regis

So again, they accepted responsibility, and called the OP right away. They did not sit idly waiting for him to contact them again. They made a mistake and owned upto it. Where is the OP denying that he did not make these demands? So, like a said "3 sides to every story"

Old 08-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 282 Likes on 238 Posts
Final note to the story

I told my folks when we became one of the earliest users of corporate e-mail

NEVER put anything in an e-mail that you don't want:

your wife to see

on the company bulletin board

on the front page of the New York Times

and if written when the BP was up

save it as a draft and review the next morning before you send it . . . .

Old 08-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Capt_bj
Final note to the story

I told my folks when we became one of the earliest users of corporate e-mail

NEVER put anything in an e-mail that you don't want:

your wife to see

on the company bulletin board

on the front page of the New York Times

and if written when the BP was up

save it as a draft and review the next morning before you send it . . . .
Exactly!!

Old 08-11-2013, 12:14 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
"Never write if you can speak; never speak if you can nod; never nod if you can wink."......Martin Michael Lomasney.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:25 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
"Never write if you can speak; never speak if you can nod; never nod if you can wink."......Martin Michael Lomasney.
Just remember.... The NSA knows all!! Maybe we should ask them for the "other" emails....

Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 PM
masternut
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1. Tramlining could be fixed with different tires.
2. I do not see any blackmail intent.
3. M7's post here was garbage. I would expect a sincere apology. They wrote a crass rebuttal instead.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Mcameron
4th Gear
1. Tramlining could be fixed with different tires.
2. I do not see any blackmail intent.
3. M7's post here was garbage. I would expect a sincere apology. They wrote a crass rebuttal instead.
no?

i get accidentally sent the wrong part, and rather than send it back, i demand a refund (whilst keeping the part) and also demand free stuff....or else im going to badmouth you all over the internet.....sure seems like blackmail to me.

hell, if i was in M7s situation, i honestly would have done the same thing.....try to make it right, and when the customer gets out of line, tell them to pound sand.....

contrary to popular belief, the customer is not always right....... im purchasing a part from them thats all i want and all i should expect, not the right to walk all over them and have my demands delivered on a silver platter.

if i accidentally sent you a wrong part, all i should be required to do is give you a full refund on your purchase......not give you all my inventory because youve been somehow "inconvenienced" by a simple mistake.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:43 PM
masternut
4th Gear
School me on where he threatened to go public or compensate me.

I have gotten free stuff from all kinds of vendors.

As a service business owner - I also comp people service who have gotten bad service.

The ***** comment started it all.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by masternut

As a service business owner - I also comp people service who have gotten bad service.

School us on this free stuff from vendors you got and why.

School us on this comped service and why.

School us on this bad service that given that caused you to give anything for free.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Mcameron
4th Gear
School me on where he threatened to go public or compensate me.

i dunno......how about the fact that OP didnt get free stuff, and then felt compelled to make this thread about it......

something tells me that had M7 given him the free stuff he asked for, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

i also find it interesting that OP still hasnt come back to defend his position, that to me says guilt...

Old 08-11-2013, 05:46 PM
masternut
4th Gear
A bunch of internet wise guys.

I thought this was the Mini forum.

You act like a bunch of Corvette guys.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:01 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by masternut

You act like a bunch of Corvette guys.
What does that even mean?

Quick Reply: M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!