General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:04 PM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZippyNH
Just remember.... The NSA knows all!! Maybe we should ask them for the "other" emails....

Old 08-11-2013, 06:05 PM
masternut
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyhavok
What does that even mean?
If you have to ask......

Old 08-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Mcameron
4th Gear
You act like a bunch of Corvette guys.
What does that even mean?
im not quite sure....but it sounds like something a Mustang guy would say......

Old 08-11-2013, 06:44 PM
mini on
4th Gear
Gonzo said early on he would be on vacation.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:15 PM
mcs_r53
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just thinking about ordering some stuff from m7. However after this threat I think i will never think again about m7.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Search almost any vendor and any dealer and you will see some complaints.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:04 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Braminator
Search almost any vendor and any dealer and you will see some complaints.
Bram, I don't think that's the issue, i think its more the fact of how it was handled by M7....

Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 AM
bkosh84
2nd Gear
I've worked in customer service for most of my life and one problem I see nobody mentioned was the one rule you never ask a customer that had something go wrong with an purchase:

"What can we do to make it right...?"

That leaves the company WIDE open to liability/outrageous claims like whats said above of wanting free stuff and "That's just the beginning.." type mentality.

What should have been said was:

"How can we help and come to a mutual agreement? How about a full refund and you send us the part back no shipping cost out of your pocket?"

The Customer Service Rep should ALWAYS open the gate with the offer to make it correct.. Never the other way around, as you can see the outcome..

Both people are in the wrong, and it just went downhill fast...

Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bkosh84
I've worked in customer service for most of my life and one problem I see nobody mentioned was the one rule you never ask a customer that had something go wrong with an purchase:

"What can we do to make it right...?"

That leaves the company WIDE open to liability/outrageous claims like whats said above of wanting free stuff and "That's just the beginning.." type mentality.

What should have been said was:

"How can we help and come to a mutual agreement? How about a full refund and you send us the part back no shipping cost out of your pocket?"

The Customer Service Rep should ALWAYS open the gate with the offer to make it correct.. Never the other way around, as you can see the outcome..

Both people are in the wrong, and it just went downhill fast...
agreed, like i said they should have just said, apologies, here is a postage paid label send it back, full refund incl. ship, send some pix we will work on it and give you a discount on the new part when ready, etc and here is a free t- shirt or something...

Old 08-12-2013, 07:25 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by EHans

Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 AM
masternut
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JCW_Coupe
Bram, I don't think that's the issue, i think its more the fact of how it was handled by M7....
Spot on.

Many people cannot look at the "issue".

Old 08-12-2013, 08:06 AM
I CHA 3X
2nd Gear
so true

Old 08-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by masternut
Spot on.

Many people cannot look at the "issue".
Go back an read every post I posted. I looked at this issues and I can get past it. Its the few here who can't. Its the few who act like this is the 1st time this has ever happened.
All of you who claim to be in a customer service business know you have done this and probably said worse too. IMO IF you say you have not done this behind the customers back after they left you are fooling yourself. You might not of been caught, that's the difference.

I will say it again, M7 was wrong. He had a bad day. He apologized.
Even if this customer got everything he wanted, I bet we would of heard how bad the experience was anyway.

Don't buy from M7. Makes no difference to me. Like I said I don't own any parts from M7.

Have a good day.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
I have also addressed on how it was handled. I also said M7 should of addressed and handled the situation immediately. This would not of been an issue if they had. They dragged their feet. Shame on them.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 AM
SPRINTCARS
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
after m7 stated there case,,,,, where did gonzo get off to?

Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 AM
mitch171
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SPRINTCARS
after m7 stated there case,,,,, where did gonzo get off to?
Vacation.

In customer service a negative experience is usually shouted from the roof tops but positive experiences are typically only shared when asked.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Cooler-Color
Former Vendor
Perhaps this is a good thread t jump in on and put in a plug for the "little" guy/gal, "small time" manufacturer... like me!

I make all of my products one at a time, by hand, and check each one for fit. I have had only one paying customer thus far, and so listed my Cooler - Color and Cooler - Guard on ebay. I am on the threshold of launching a "Scoop - Guard" (I only have a few made, in black, so far) - it is pictured below, on my car.

If I have poor customer service with folks, I am all washed up. I simply can't afford to lose my temper, get frustrated, and "drop the F-Bomb" on potential/paying customers no matter how bad my day might be.

I will add that I am in the medical field as my "day job" (the Cooler stuff is a partly a labor of love, but also hopefully extra income since I support my elderly parents - but that's besides the point) - anyway, as much as I may want to "lose it" with the occasional patient who screams, yells and curses my staff, I cannot do that. I have to stay professional and calm, and deal with the issue like an adult.

I am not going to take sides on this issue with Gonzo and M7. I only wanted to point out that sometimes, going with independent, small-time manufacturers/sellers has it's own special advantages. Kind of like what life used to be like when I was a kid. If Mr. Small Business sold my Dad a bum faucet replacement, Dad took it back and Mr. SB happily exchanged for another. Now, my 87-year old Dad has to call the manufacturer, deal with the "phone tree", get shunted around to ten different people and practically have to submit a report on why it did not work, simply to exchange it for another (and yes, that happened to him not long ago!).

And with that I will end my soapbox speech.

Best to all,
Melanie

P.S. Here is a photo of the Scoop - Guard on my car:

Name:  32ea4e2e-6419-4f9c-b9c9-26993670acd1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  40.1 KB

Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Cooler-Color
Perhaps this is a good thread t jump in on and put in a plug for the "little" guy/gal, "small time" manufacturer... like me!

I make all of my products one at a time, by hand, and check each one for fit. I have had only one paying customer thus far, and so listed my Cooler - Color and Cooler - Guard on ebay. I am on the threshold of launching a "Scoop - Guard" (I only have a few made, in black, so far) - it is pictured below, on my car.

If I have poor customer service with folks, I am all washed up. I simply can't afford to lose my temper, get frustrated, and "drop the F-Bomb" on potential/paying customers no matter how bad my day might be.

I will add that I am in the medical field as my "day job" (the Cooler stuff is a partly a labor of love, but also hopefully extra income since I support my elderly parents - but that's besides the point) - anyway, as much as I may want to "lose it" with the occasional patient who screams, yells and curses my staff, I cannot do that. I have to stay professional and calm, and deal with the issue like an adult.

I am not going to take sides on this issue with Gonzo and M7. I only wanted to point out that sometimes, going with independent, small-time manufacturers/sellers has it's own special advantages. Kind of like what life used to be like when I was a kid. If Mr. Small Business sold my Dad a bum faucet replacement, Dad took it back and Mr. SB happily exchanged for another. Now, my 87-year old Dad has to call the manufacturer, deal with the "phone tree", get shunted around to ten different people and practically have to submit a report on why it did not work, simply to exchange it for another (and yes, that happened to him not long ago!).

And with that I will end my soapbox speech.

Best to all,
Melanie

P.S. Here is a photo of the Scoop - Guard on my car:

Old 08-12-2013, 12:42 PM
6000pounds
4th Gear

I said I wouldn't post in this thread anymore and I lied. This is post 59. The first post I made in this thread was post 38 which is exactly what I was saying from the very beginning. Why did you debate with me on this, then literally 21 posts later agree with exactly what I was saying? I must have typed out that gif in several different forms mirroring that .gif.

I'll tell you what I think(my first assumption of this entire thread); I think you like to debate but in a pompous way. I think you tell yourself you have done this thread/community a favor by voicing your opinion and subconsciously smile at the idea. When people quote you and you reply with your condescending "I addressed that" and "I have moved passed it" replies I can't help but golf clap as hard as I can. What you have "addressed" and talked about means nothing to this thread. You put yourself on a pedestal in this thread and I couldn't help but focus on you.

What we do know is M7 came on here and replied to an email no one has seen yet and might never see. FACT. We do know OP had a transaction with M7. FACT.

How's that for popcorn material?

Old 08-12-2013, 12:48 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 6000pounds
I said I wouldn't post in this thread anymore and I lied. This is post 59. The first post I made in this thread was post 38 which is exactly what I was saying from the very beginning. Why did you debate with me on this, then literally 21 posts later agree with exactly what I was saying? I must have typed out that gif in several different forms mirroring that .gif.

I'll tell you what I think(my first assumption of this entire thread); I think you like to debate but in a pompous way. I think you tell yourself you have done this thread/community a favor by voicing your opinion and subconsciously smile at the idea. When people quote you and you reply with your condescending "I addressed that" and "I have moved passed it" replies I can't help but golf clap as hard as I can. What you have "addressed" and talked about means nothing to this thread. You put yourself on a pedestal in this thread and I couldn't help but focus on you.

What we do know is M7 came on here and replied to an email no one has seen yet and might never see. FACT. We do know OP had a transaction with M7. FACT.

M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!-thw0b.gif

Old 08-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by 6000pounds

Old 08-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Gonzodagreek
Neutral
Well, I'm back from a week's vacation and see there's been a lot of follow-up discussion about my post. I will keep things short and to the point:

1) I did not, ever, nor was attempting to, "black mail M7" into anything. As my post stated, I simply was following up on THEIR OFFER given to me multiple times in writing and over the phone to "do whatever, in order to make things right for me". M7 made the offer, asked me what I wanted and I started with a modest request of either a refund of the splitter cost or a set of lowering springs. I DID up the price of restitution after I received the "F-Bomb" and "Fool" email and said that they should now do both.

2) I so wanted to include the actual emails between me and M7 but was denied by the Forum Administrators. HOWEVER, they did say "if both parties approved of posting the private email discussions" then that would be approved and there would be no problems in doing so.

So, with that, I herein ask M7 Tuning, do I have your permission to post our email conversations to add clarity and dispel uncertainties for those that are interested in this discussion?

ps: Regardless of the above response, I will endeavor to assemble another meaningful post detailing the actual problems with the instructions, installation and faulty design.

In conclusion, I'm not about nor get off on 'vendor bashing' other than to call them out when they choose to bate-n-swith a customer and do something as repugnant and offensive as they did. Ultimately, I'm trying to prevent other would-be buyers of this product to experience the same frustrations and disappointment that I did. Perhaps in time M7 will either correct their ad clarifying it doesn't really fit "all JCW 2007+" and/or upgrade and modify the part.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been following this thread...and I am curious to see the emails..lol.. My other question is how long did it take before M7 finally did contact you?

Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
What an unfortunate error on M7's part...can we get Judge Judy to weigh in on it? Just sayin...

Quick Reply: M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!