General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M7 TUNING Owner drops F-BOMB on paying customer over front splitter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Gonzodagreek
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They put me off a couple of times (with excuses of course) which stretched out to a month. That's when I received an automated advertisement that triggered me to wait not further, so I reached out to them again.

Quite frankly I'm not up to nit-picking this thing to death. I believe I've made my point and those that read the post get it. To the doubters or skeptics, and I respect you all 100%, I welcome the opportunity to post my emails to satisfy you guys too, if it helps. We'll wait and see if the manufacture responds anymore with an approval to do so.

One last thing, I very clearly and respectfully pointed out in my original post that the gentleman named Regis was pleasant to speak to on the phone and appeared to be genuine in his intentions - I have no grief with him and truly believe he was trying for my best interest but perhaps was hand tied by upper management. For that reason I'm am sorry to have drug him into this public discussion/debate. I'm not too happy he stretched the truth in his post about me being the initiator of demanding free product though I'll let it slide).

This should be the last I have to say about this.

- Motor on good friends

pps: I have no "personal friends" in this forum, that I'm aware of, defending me in this or other matters I have written about.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Gonzodagreek
I'm not too happy he stretched the truth in his post about me being the initiator of demanding free product though I'll let :
I thought it was a good sign he would get online and post an apology...but I think it should have been left there - it would have redeemed him. But to take a parting shot at you really lacked any class.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:04 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you install the splitter? If you did, did you modify it?

Old 08-31-2013, 11:56 AM
InjectedGT
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After seeing this thread:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3802475
I'm curious to know if this company who apparently has multiple occasions now of doing NO actual R&D and just assuming their products will work for people, has actually done anything?

This is 2 cases I've read as a potential consumer, showing that they do not care to respond to current customers in any kind of timely manner. I too have a history in customer service/sales and get mad at myself if I let a customer email sit more than 24 hours. To see people go unanswered for WEEKS and then get treated like it's their fault your product is a POS and doesn't work as stated is nuts to me.

Bottom line, it's a shame so many people seem to ride peoples nuts just because they're a vendor or because they personally didn't have these issues... M7 has sold you parts that worked and you never had to deal with customer service issues, so the OP is the bad guy? You guys talking like that are almost as much a joke as the "****ing fool" of an owner that company seems to have.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:25 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have purchased 3 products from M7 over the past 5 years. The 1st was their strut tower brace. They shipped it quickly and it fit fine. I had it on my car for about 9 months. I removed it because it did not work with the NM Engineering CAI that I installed.

Next up was their CF hood scoop. Looks great but is no where near the quality of the OEM MINI carbon fiber accessories. Its starting to break down. I am sure it will not last for another few years.

And lastly their C Wing. Which was also all CF and really did not fit well. I won it from them via their eBay account and waited over 2 months to get it.

Make no mistake M7 is a marketing company that was purchased by another marketing company that knows nothing about our MINI Coopers. There is a reason why the original M7 team stopped posting on NAM years ago. Just like Alta they really make worthless aftermarket products.

Last edited by onefish2; 08-31-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by onefish2
I have purchased 3 products from M7 over the past 5 years. The 1st was their strut tower brace. They shipped it quickly and it fit fine. I had it on my car for about 9 months. I removed it because it did not work with the NM Engineering CAI that I installed.

Next up was their CF hood scoop. Looks great but is no where near the quality of the OEM MINI carbon fiber accessories. Its starting to break down. I am sure it will not last for another few years.

And lastly their C Wing. Which was also all CF and really did not fit well. I won it from them via their eBay account and waited over 2 months to get it.

Make no mistake they M7 is a marketing company that was purchased by another marketing company that knows nothing about our MINI Coopers. There is a reason why the original M7 team stopped posting on NAM years ago. Just like Alta they really make worthless aftermarket products.
Agreed. I have only 1 M7 product, and I think it's probably the best thing they can offer, the reinforcement plates for the strut towers. Other than that, overpriced and quality not up to par with everything else that can be had out there.

Even their new CF wing is nearly $3k which is ridiculous because it's a total rip on the real Challenge Wing which can be had for less than that! Mind you it isn't CF, but I'd rather paint over a fiberglass reinforced plastic, over their lack-of-quality CF finish any day...

Their diffuser tunnels lack the quality you'd expect for something at $700, especially considering the GP2 diffuser is like $300 and probably work much more efficiently with the stock underbody panels anyways!

So much fail going on with M7 at this point....

Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
Even their new CF wing is nearly $3k which is ridiculous because it's a total rip on the real Challenge Wing which can be had for less than that! Mind you it isn't CF, but I'd rather paint over a fiberglass reinforced plastic, over their lack-of-quality CF finish any day...

So much fail going on with M7 at this point....

Yea the M7 spoiler cost had my eyes wide open.
Name:  botch2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  30.4 KB

Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 AM
wilpower
2nd Gear
Well...Call it divine intervention, First time iv been on this forum for awhile, I was actually buying two items from M7 had them in my cart, when something told me to check out the forums first so I did, well is that divine intervention or what?? Anyways cart is now empty Parts may have fitted perfectly but after what iv just read after sales sucks, shame there web site looks pro....So ill be looking else where.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:04 PM
DivineXtacy
2nd Gear
I have been contemplating about purchasing the M7 splitter. But, after hearing bad reviews about their sub-par quality and after sales service, I checked NAM. And after reading this entire thread,I am convinced that I will not spend a single dime of my hard earned money on M7.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:25 AM
jackjie
1st Gear
Old 01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
minirab
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DivineXtacy
I have been contemplating about purchasing the M7 splitter. But, after hearing bad reviews about their sub-par quality and after sales service, I checked NAM. And after reading this entire thread,I am convinced that I will not spend a single dime of my hard earned money on M7.
Smart man.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:40 PM
GeneralSpecific
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jackjie
what the heck is with people - this thread was dead for two years, and you dredged it up from the grave.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:58 PM
jackjie
1st Gear
Lmao

Old 01-08-2017, 03:59 PM
jackjie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GeneralSpecific
what the heck is with people - this thread was dead for two years, and you dredged it up from the grave.

Lol I am sorry sincerely sorry

Old 01-08-2017, 08:05 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Ha! I didn't even noticed the date. . . Reading through it, I thought it was a great show. I was waiting for the next episode

Old 01-10-2017, 03:51 AM
Bnourai
5th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
Now that's hilarious

Old 01-12-2017, 12:22 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So all this is old and all over now? I didn't notice the dates either... Doh!