General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 11:27 AM
its_tricky
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help!!

So I have come to find out that my suspension is falling apart :( This is a huge problem... I barely have the means to purchase new suspension parts so I was wondering if it would be okay if I could post this and ask for your donation? If 1100 people donated $1 I would reach my goal! For the love of the MINI community!

http://www.gofundme.com/aq7bu8

Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 PM
afadeev
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by its_tricky
So I have come to find out that my suspension is falling apart :( This is a huge problem... I barely have the means to purchase new suspension parts so I was wondering if it would be okay if I could post this and ask for your donation? If 1100 people donated $1 I would reach my goal! For the love of the MINI community!
If you can't afford to maintain your car, sell it, or get a job !

a

Old 06-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
There it is or go look for one off a junker.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:44 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Set up a GoFundMe account and after thinking about it, I'm in.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:59 PM
grueinthebox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a recently divorced father of an adorable little girl and really need an Akrapovic exhaust (back on the market, have to impress the ladies and whatnot) but having to replace all my stuff and pay child support is holding me back... I'll be watching with interest to see how this goes for you.

Seriously, though: nice looking MINI. And you appear to be female, which should help you in this endeavor, this being the internets and all...

If you don't mind my asking, what parts do you require that are going to run $1100? Your page suggests you do your own work, and a complete set of Powerflex bushings and ball joints don't run near $1100... Driving on crapped out shocks isn't fun, but wouldn't be so critical it couldn't wait for you to save up.

If you want people to part with their hard earned money to help you, you might want to provide more information as to what you're doing to help yourself and why your situation is so dire as to have to resort to asking strangers for help on the internet.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:09 AM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
your kidding right?
this is kinda like a pyramid scheme, only not a scheme. why dont we all just give each other a buck, ill spend 1000 and make 1000! back to zero.

i agree with afadeev: get a job, or a second, or get certified in something to get a better job. seems somewhat audacious of you to ask all of us to upgrade your mini for you. asking for technical assistance is one thing, financial handouts is another...

Old 06-26-2014, 08:28 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well this is new. I don't think that I have ever seen anyone come on a forum and beg for money.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:04 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Just checked the GoFundMe page. That's a sweet lookin ride! Good looking Mini, too!