General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's My Money Way Motor Works ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:49 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by velvetcows
Good response Way.
+1
Good, thoughtful response.
Hopefully everything is now "taken care of" and both parties have learned something.

IMO holding a refund for several weeks after getting your product back in anything but an extreme case is kinda sketchy.... (If an item was paid for by check, or is a "high risk transaction" etc we understand..THOSE EXTREME situations are why 30 day rules exist)....while your rules allow it, best practices would say "When the box is received and unpacked, just process the paperwork on a refund"...just as individual wants an item shipped in a timely way, and you bill for a backordered item when ready to ship, I think a reasonable individual expects to have their $$ back within a reasonable time of you signing for a box...in peak season, reasonable might be longer than mid winter,
I think what is lost here is a customer with a return is ALREADY A CUSTOMER, AND STILL EXPECTS A REASOBLE LEVEL OF SERVICE.
Did I have my pitchforks out, perhaps, but a good businessman sees any situation as an opportunity. Folks are only asking that you elevate your level of returns to a similar level of shipping...heck if you charge 25%, IMO FAIR AND EVEN JUST IN MANY CASES in an industry where so many folks change their mind on a part they receive, or decide installing it might be too hard is REASONABLE in most cases.
Folks who pay premium prices to a " boutique automotive supply store" expect service that match prices paid.....
AND making a known customer with a known purchase history SEVERAL WEEKS for a refund is sketchy at best. But it is YOUR business, you can run it as you wish, just as a customer can spend their $$$ where they wish.
Good luck waymotorworks. I have acted as your cheerleader for years, recommending you to many, believing that you treat others as you would want to be treated, giving a good experience to the buyer, and that is still intact IMO. Just a smigen more service on a return when it happens IMO is all a reasonable individual could ask for.

As to the fact a "mod" did the orgional post, sure, but it is a volunteer, unpaid position.... Not an employee of the board...a thankless job were nothing is gained at the end if the day but knowledge you spent your spare time to help others...NO PROFIT, or PAYCHECK.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:50 AM
sean5294
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by minirab
I have bought many things from Way and he is a stand up guy. This thread

is one reason I spend more time at that OTHER site.

Same here.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:58 AM
sean5294
2nd Gear
His return policy says it may take up to thirty days. That is the expectation and reasonable terms of service if you order from him. That is what is agreed upon when you confirm the order.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:17 AM
devicemanager
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My $.02 cents...

Maybe I missed something, but GR never asked to speak with Way himself on the phone or request a return phone call. Airing this dirty laundry in public and damaging the rep of a NAM supporting vendor is silly.

However I do have to question the motives of judeverge who joined NAM to defend Way. First, thank you for your service. Second, a memorial weekend favor from Way does not exempt the inability to handle a return that preceded the weekend by 3+ weeks.

Way, I'm sure you're aware that forum social media praises/rants do affect your business. You should address all negative issues that arise promptly instead of sitting idle. As far as GR being a forum mod it should have had nothing to do with your response on this public forum. He took it public, and you have the right to post your side (which you did several days later). You may want to have a chat with your female csr and request that she forward all unresolved issues to you directly or one of your managers.

That being said I've ordered from WMW before and had a positive experience. Way is definitely a valuable asset to this forum and the MINI community as a whole.

Last edited by devicemanager; 05-31-2015 at 07:36 AM. Reason: clarified a few things
Old 05-30-2015, 10:14 AM
ammodave
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm with Way on this one. Sounds like the OP didn't bother to complain directly to Way and, instead, tried to smear him on this forum. I'm sure Way will survive without his future business.

Last edited by ammodave; 05-30-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:21 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
My question is, why hasn't the OP (a moderator with the power) amended his title to say "Thanks Way, I got my money!"?

or closed and/or deleted this thread?

The only reason I can think of to leave this thread open is sour grapes, and based on positive comments by others about the OP, it doesn't seem like him to do that.

So, to counter at least a tiny bit of the ill will expressed here, let me say I also have had nothing but great dealings with Way - not personally, but I've sent a lot of MINI owners to him and they've all come away smiling and happy - and I have nothing but respect for anyone who can make a small business like this work today.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:02 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
An interesting read, that said I've been a moderator on other forums. As a moderator, one thing we would never do is call out a paying vendor on the forum. Any issues would be handled privately.

Am also somewhat surprised this thread hasn't been locked or removed.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:43 AM
fastzombie
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
I was reluctant to place a post in this thread because I don't like private disputes turned public. Since the post is still open and has the potential to influence peoples decisions I'll add my two cents.

I have purchased numerous items from Way and have always had great experiences. Very good help in selecting the right parts, deliveries always packaged in great condition. His policies are very clear and up front and I consider Way one of my top resources in this community.

Matt

Old 05-31-2015, 07:31 AM
malibujoey
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah 30 days to refund is bull. totally ridiculous. and that bad part comes in dirty? girl won't get back to you. insanely stupid. who cares about the helping the soldier excuse. sounds like a lie to cover up bad business practices. dog ate my homework. lame. i'll never order from them. thanks. just order from large established businesses where you have some leverage. had the same experience with Chemical Guys. really lame outfit. autogeek is solid. ECS is solid.

lf you get a bad experience tell the forum. seriously. call them out. who wrote this pretentious code of conduct for moderators? don't worry about airing your laundry. it's an enthusiast web site to help out amateurs. there's no elite class here. i want to know who's the goof ball vendors. who wants to waste time with idiots getting your money back. on the internet anyone can be a hero unless they're checked out. life's too short to play games. leave the sidewinders to the wayside. hahaha

Last edited by malibujoey; 05-31-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:17 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Joey, you sound like you have an ax to grind......

Way followed the procedures he claims on his website, OP knew of those procedures and still complained. OP has his money now, and yet he still leaves this thread up....something smells, to me.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:49 PM
michi1201
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmm......

I've had good dealings with both parties so I don't know what to make of this. Maybe waiting a few more days before going public could have been helpful to both? Anyway, I agree with the previous poster that the poster before him seems to be a rebel looking for a cause.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:28 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
My business has a 14 day refund policy (plus I don't do refunds at all on any partially used packages). I make it clear to people that this is the policy and if they don't like it then don't write me the check to begin with. I also have expiration dates on my packages and if it runs out then it's gone. I tend to check return/refund policies closely when buying online as I have been taken by surprise before when I didn't, but I considered it my fault for not reading the fine print as it were.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:54 PM
ashchuckton
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Way followed the procedures he claims on his website, OP knew of those procedures and still complained. OP has his money now, and yet he still leaves this thread up....something smells, to me.
I smell a fish too. Why not lock the tread when your problem has been resolved??

Old 06-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Goldsmithy
MINI Alliance Ambassador
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Well, if the OP is leaving this thread open in hope of garnering support, I support Way. I had a problem with an item I bought from Way. The problem was solved quickly and with complete customer satisfaction. Way has my support...

I have been on car lists since they were just 'mailing' lists. Never have I seen a moderator act out a personal problem in public. Bad manners...

Old 06-10-2015, 02:58 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
I smell a fish too. Why not lock the tread when your problem has been resolved??
Ethics...
The moderator is letting the thread exist in the SAME EXACT WAY AS IT WOULD FOR ANY USER....to treat a thread you create different cause you are are a moderator just BECAUSE YOU CAN would be unethical, and could be viewed as misuse of power.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:32 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
No need to lock it if everyone would quit posting in it!!! Kinda like people wanting term limits, JUST QUIT VOTING THE GUY BACK IN!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2015, 03:45 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Originally Posted by N2MINI
No need to lock it if everyone would quit posting in it!!! Kinda like people wanting term limits, JUST QUIT VOTING THE GUY BACK IN!!!!!!
Lost to everybody, this thread has been about ethic's from the first post...
It is a discussion that needs to happen...
The op did nothing different than a normal member. Did not weild his "power" or authority in a way different than any other poster, then folks try to ding him for NOT using his power improperly?
The op feels it is wrong that in doing a favor, he lost money. OK...waymotorworks cannot do anything about that, but the ethics of sitting on a persons money for EVERY LAST SECOND they are allowed to after receiving a product back...seems unreasonable....Once the inbound payment has cleared, and the Products are back Why not give the $$$ back??
Ethics...

Old 06-11-2015, 04:55 AM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Lots of companies do this in the US - hold on to refunds til every last second is up on their 'company policy'. Did gr get the money back?

Old 06-11-2015, 12:56 PM
sean5294
2nd Gear
Shouldn't ethics involve forum rules?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:08 PM
malibujoey
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Target Walmart refund you in 24 hours up to 3 months to return. Just saying. If you want to be competitive you have to be consumer oriented. ECS. Sent a return label and credited 24 hours. autogeek returned money 24 hours. These guys whining about multi week return policies are, IMO, a waste of time. eBay has proven if you have a good return policy you make more money. Forget doing business with whiners who keep your money until Groundhog Day. hahaha