General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Christmas Gift Exchange Program

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 11:43 AM
tamiyaguy
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Christmas Gift Exchange Program

Anyone here participating or received information about the Mini gift exchange program this year? Curious how widespread it is. I got paired up with someone and sent off the gift. I was lazy and dropped it off at the FedEx office, which meant I got killed on shipping costs. LOL! I should have just did a drop-ship from Amazon or something.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:51 AM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Is that legit or some sort of scam?
Edit: I see you had to sign up for this, interesting idea.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:29 PM
tamiyaguy
1st Gear
It's legit. Mini of North America sent me an email and paired me up with someone. Here's the URL describing the program:

http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniu...gift-swap.html

I'm guessing not a lot of people got this. The program is closed now.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Zackattack28
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tamiyaguy
It's legit. Mini of North America sent me an email and paired me up with someone. Here's the URL describing the program:

http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniu...gift-swap.html

I'm guessing not a lot of people got this. The program is closed now.
I signed up for it but never got a notice whether I was paired up with anyone or not. Rather disappointed. Neat idea but I guess it doesn't work that well.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Miata13
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Signed up soon after program was announced...finally got my gift match 12/18 and sent off my care package...yep..lines at USPO were out the door so sent mine UPS...got there 12/24...still waiting for mine ....

Old 01-02-2016, 11:21 AM
tamiyaguy
1st Gear
Got mine in the mail before Christmas. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take a photo, but I received a set of Mini tire valve caps & a Mini Cooper R/C car. Pretty cool. I was so late in sending mine out that I ended up using FedEx two-day service to get it there in time. :D

I sent off a Japanese Tenkai robotic monster kit. I discovered them on my last trip to Japan and thought they were pretty neat. You can buy them off Amazon. Not very Mini related I know, but I thought it would be cool.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Nita Esmailka
Neutral
I sent and received a gift, but I think it was messed up. The gift I received wasn't from my match so now I almost feel as if I should get her something even though I never received her address other than on the package she mailed me. My actual match is getting an r/c mini cooper, but I haven't received anything from him yet. BTW my non-match match sent me a gorgeous scarf.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:49 PM
tamiyaguy
1st Gear
I think what you've described is how the program is supposed to work. You don't technically exchange gifts with a single person. Rather, you are given a name of a person to send a gift to, and a third person is given your name & address.

I did not receive a gift from the same person I sent a gift to. In fact, there's no good way for me to contact that person because they drop shipped directly from Amazon with nothing more than a first name and a festive wish/cheer.

Originally Posted by Nita Esmailka
I sent and received a gift, but I think it was messed up. The gift I received wasn't from my match so now I almost feel as if I should get her something even though I never received her address other than on the package she mailed me. My actual match is getting an r/c mini cooper, but I haven't received anything from him yet. BTW my non-match match sent me a gorgeous scarf.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Nita Esmailka
Neutral
Originally Posted by tamiyaguy
I think what you've described is how the program is supposed to work. You don't technically exchange gifts with a single person. Rather, you are given a name of a person to send a gift to, and a third person is given your name & address.

I did not receive a gift from the same person I sent a gift to. In fact, there's no good way for me to contact that person because they drop shipped directly from Amazon with nothing more than a first name and a festive wish/cheer.
I don't know, in the email it specifically said that that was the person who would be receiving my gift as well as sending me one but I guess either way I'm glad I actually received something at all, the guy who sold me my mini received nothing from his match.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Miata13
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hmmm..wonder if MINI will be doing this again for the holidays this year? I'd do it again...as its fun to anticipate what another MINI (or Mini) lover will send you!

Old 11-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Lt. Dan
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm on the fence... Didn't receive anything in return last year...