General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One day old Mini, found a paint defect!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 07:00 PM
iamerebus
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One day old Mini, found a paint defect!

Hey all,

New Mini owner here. Wife and I picked up our new 2016 Countryman S All4 this past saturday at South Shore Mini in Rockland MA. 3 year lease. First new car. Ever...

Got it home to the Cape about an hour later and within seconds of stepping out of the door in the driveway found a blistered paint area right on the drivers door!
Car has less than 60 miles on it! WTF!?
Kicking myself for not noticing it at the dealership, but it was gray and cold and a typical March day in New England. Sun had come out by the time we got home.

I emailed our sales guy and the sales manager within minutes and they say they'll take car of it professionally, and throw me some accessories or something.
But I think the door will need to be repainted. Doesnt really seem like a wetsand and buff kind of defect.
Real bummer too, as the rest of the car is flawless.

Do I insist on another car? Do I just let them repair it?
Plunking down some good money here on a not very cheap car (for us anyway). Kind of freaking out here...
Also feel kind of like a second class citizen for only being a "leaser" and not a "purchaser". I also beat them up pretty good on the monthly payment.

Here's a couple of pics. Any opinions or advice?

Right between the door handle and the window on the drivers door.

Probably moisture contamination during the paint process.