General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

World Outage of Matte Door Handle Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 06:15 AM
Promius
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
World Outage of Matte Door Handle Covers

My heart aches, because Outmotoring is out of stock of the Matte Black Door Handle Cover I need. NEED!! I've checked all the usual MINI parts vendors, eBay, Amazon, The Google searches don't help. I, am so sad.

Anyone knows any places that might sell them? I'm gonna be blacking out all the chrome on my MINI by using plastidip, but I've been told not to plastidip the handles because you use that daily.

Thanks
G

Old 05-16-2016, 10:06 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
You could have them wrapped in vinyl with matte black material. Otherwise, there are other options unless you're definitely wanting the matte black handles. Good luck!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...pg3.htm#item11

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Gremothra
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plastidiped my handles and they lasted well over a year. The only reason they started to peel is I kept going to a car wash and the high pressure water eventually caused them to fall apart.

I've since replaced them with plastic door handles which I got painted body colour. Still perfect after a year of use.

Grem...

Originally Posted by Promius
My heart aches, because Outmotoring is out of stock of the Matte Black Door Handle Cover I need. NEED!! I've checked all the usual MINI parts vendors, eBay, Amazon, The Google searches don't help. I, am so sad.

Anyone knows any places that might sell them? I'm gonna be blacking out all the chrome on my MINI by using plastidip, but I've been told not to plastidip the handles because you use that daily.

Thanks
G