General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Clubman S Auto stalled and will not start

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017 | 04:59 PM
tanastas
|
Neutral
2009 Clubman S Auto stalled and will not start

I was on the freeway cruising along and all of sudden my clubman stalled. I pulled on the side and try to start without any luck. Towed the vehicle home suspecting the timing chain. After a compression test all cylinders were @ 160psi so I eliminated the timing chain. Checked for spark while cranking the engine and that was just fine. Checked for power to the fuel pump and non was present. I jumped the fuel pump and it was working. The fuel pump fuse is good. Any help will greatly appreciated. I checked most posts and it appears that nobody had the problem that I'm having. The one thing that I did not check was the fuel pump relay as I have no idea where to look for it.

Old 03-19-2017 | 06:01 PM
tanastas
|
Neutral
Ok here is an update. I can confirm that the fuel pump is getting power and I can hear it cycling. Is there anything else that I should check before I tow it to the dealer?

Old 03-19-2017 | 06:40 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Is there a CEL? Since it died and won't start, there should be one. Knowing what the CEL code is about the only way to start troubleshooting..

Old 03-22-2017 | 10:43 AM
tanastas
|
Neutral
I spoke with the dealer this morning and they are suspecting the HPFP. I was told that it's still under warranty so.... on the way to the dealer.