General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official British Racing Green Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Kimberely
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a BRG (R56 though, not a clubman) and I am a girl. I love my BRG. Very classic.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:48 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Beautiful BRGs

Thanks for the photo and the info. I love the color. I have only seen one BRG while driving, and I was disappointed that I couldn't get a really good look at it without going off the road.

All these great photos really show how good it looks in the daylight. Hard to tell at a dealer showroom, plus it seems they never have one on the floor.

The combo is just so rich looking and different. I love being different and the green is beautiful.
Thank you.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Kimberely
4th Gear
Here is a pic in the sunlight.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kimberely
Here is a pic in the sunlight.

Have you waxed Kermit yet? I use Xymol on my BMW but am unsure what is the best stuff for the Clubby. My husband says Griots Garage has the right items, but I want it to be the best possible. Honestly I've only had to wash the 330 convertible 4 times in 5 years as I seldom take it out, especially if I have to park it as someone dented the door the time I did and another time they spit on it. She (Buffy) only has 5,000 miles on it and still smells new. I cover her at my shop and she is garaged and dusted the other days. Never goes out in rain or windy days. Utterly spoiled car, but I love her.

I love the name Kermit. I'm trying to come up with a good green name now. I should be working and I better do that now or I'll be up proofing all night.
Thank you for sharing Kermit photos with me. Beautiful car, could look at it all day. It must be hard for you to leave it outside.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Kimberely
4th Gear
I have not waxed it yet, but it gets washed pretty frequently. My husband takes care of Kermit. He told me that he will wax him when he needs it, whenever that is. As for being outside, Kermit loves the rain, but he has a nice, cozy garage all to himself every evening.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:51 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kimberely
I have not waxed it yet, but it gets washed pretty frequently. My husband takes care of Kermit. He told me that he will wax him when he needs it, whenever that is. As for being outside, Kermit loves the rain, but he has a nice, cozy garage all to himself every evening.
Rain? What is rain? Down here in Arizona we could use some of that. My dogs don't know what to do when it rains as they see it so infrequently. Your dogs look ready for rain. Great pugs--saw them on your gallery. One reason I want the Clubman is for my Dobie and Greyhounds. Probably could use a bigger car, but I want the MINI. Hope the false floor holds up to their weight.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Karthi
2nd Gear
So many great pictures ... waiting on mine ... should be coming soon (on the boat right now). I went with the black roof (didn't see many who did that) so I guess I'm in the minority, but the wife liked it so I went with it.

Will post pics as soon as it arrives!!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM
cucho
3rd Gear
Yeah BRG is one of the best colors if not the best!.
These were taken this weekend at TWS.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:59 PM
cucho
3rd Gear
Sorry the pics from TWS are to large...here are some others...the point is BRG kicks *** .

Attached Thumbnails Official British Racing Green Thread-img00047.jpg   Official British Racing Green Thread-bimmernav_msr38.jpg  
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 PM
fleance
1st Gear
Have you waxed Kermit yet? I use Xymol on my BMW but am unsure what is the best stuff for the Clubby. My husband says Griots Garage has the right items, but I want it to be the best possible.
Check out the Detailer's Paradise sponsored vendor here. They're awesome help when you have questions and they carry the full Prima line which has opened my eyes to a whole new level of detaling. Hydro is the best thing created since... well, ever! <grin>

-/flea

P.S. I'll post pics when I get my good camera back, '05 BRG/B Cordoba/Black/Anthracite. I _love_ the two tone interior.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Ferroequine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cucho
Sorry the pics from TWS are to large...here are some others...the point is BRG kicks *** .
Nice pics. But why the tape on the headlamps etc. though?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferroequine
Nice pics. But why the tape on the headlamps etc. though?
Usually you put tape on the headlights and other parts to prevent chips and cracks. I usally do it on track and autocross days. You wouldnt believe the stuff that hits your car. My hood looks like it took a shotgun blast.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fleance
Check out the Detailer's Paradise sponsored vendor here. They're awesome help when you have questions and they carry the full Prima line which has opened my eyes to a whole new level of detaling. Hydro is the best thing created since... well, ever! <grin>

-/flea

P.S. I'll post pics when I get my good camera back, '05 BRG/B Cordoba/Black/Anthracite. I _love_ the two tone interior.
I'll look into the site tonight after I finish my chapters to proof. I want to have everything ready in the garage for my Chubby Clubby when he arrives. Hope the Prima line smells as good as the Zymol. It was a pleasure to clean the BMW Buffy as the stuff smelled like chocolate. Plus I just loved making Buffy shine.'
Thanks for your help.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a little dragon slaying pic for the BRG thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:08 AM
sr_maggie
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just picked up my BRG MINI today! What an exciting day! I have some pics in my gallery (which may be helpful or interesting because their aren't too many pics out there with a black roof on BRG). Talk about beautiful! I am hoping that the sun will show itself soon so I can get some different light on that green. BRG rocks!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Kimberely
4th Gear
What a beautiful addition to your family You should be very proud.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
cucho
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
Usually you put tape on the headlights and other parts to prevent chips and cracks. I usally do it on track and autocross days. You wouldnt believe the stuff that hits your car. My hood looks like it took a shotgun blast.
Right on the money...thanks for filling in.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
The QZ
4th Gear
So it has come time to re-introduce everyone to Nigel. I've had him for about a month now, and I finally have him looking the way I want. I had to wait until I installed the boot stripes new tags, and my badge holders. So here he is:

Name:  Mini01.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  94.8 KB
Name:  Mini03.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  116.2 KB
Name:  Mini07.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  95.5 KB
Name:  Mini010.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  81.2 KB

Old 11-17-2007, 08:45 PM
cucho
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by The QZ
So it has come time to re-introduce everyone to Nigel. I've had him for about a month now, and I finally have him looking the way I want. I had to wait until I installed the boot stripes new tags, and my badge holders. So here he is:

Nice, I think Nigel would like to get "dropped"...I mean get shorter springs. I will reduce the little gap between the wheels and the fender. Just a suggestion

Old 11-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Ferroequine
4th Gear
Pleased to re-introduce Sheamus. Took these this past August after he was freshly cleaned.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 PM
rlnewby
2nd Gear
I love BRG it was the only color MINI I ever wanted.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Pam
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ferroequine
Pleased to re-introduce Sheamus. Took these this past August after he was freshly cleaned.

Cudos. The 2nd picture is one of the best I've seen showcasing the BRG metallic paint. Looks great

Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
JohnnyF
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rlnewby
I love BRG it was the only color MINI I ever wanted.
Should have known I wasn't the only one thinking of the six ball shift ****. Well done.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
BlackVigil
1st Gear
I am looking at getting my MINI in the next couple months. (When I pay off the Honda and hand it over to my wife. lol)

I am going to get BRG/B for sure. I am thinking of getting the Aero kit, black center stripe, and some after market black wheels.

What do you all think?
I was initially thinking about AB and blacking it out, but that seemed kind of 'done'. So, the more I looked, the more BRG grew on me. I think i want to slowly black it out, but I am in no hurries. Just excited to go order. Although the name will be hard to choose.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
the platform
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NURBURG GREEN!!!

before and after
SNAP

Last edited by the platform; 12-29-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Official British Racing Green Thread