General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your MINI have a name?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:22 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New name

Just finally settled on a name for mine after owning it for 10 months.

Rebecca.

About 6 years back I ended up in paris during a pilot's strike. I couldn't fly out for a few days. In the interum I ended up in a hotel room next to the very very beautiful girl I met on the airplane from mississippi named rebecca. We hung out and caused trouble as 19 year olds would do in a foreign country. I'll never forget the first night we went out to dinner and she was dressed in this amazingly hot red and black little outfit.

Ironically enough I had kinda forgot what she was wearing until I looked at a picture while cleaning out my garage a week ago. Strangly enough as I'm looking at the picture in the corner of my eye I can see my cr/bl mcs and some how found it was appropriate to name the car that didn't get away after the woman that did.

good times.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Originally Posted by prime-drk-
Just finally settled on a name for mine after owning it for 10 months.

Rebecca.

About 6 years back I ended up in paris during a pilot's strike. I couldn't fly out for a few days. In the interum I ended up in a hotel room next to the very very beautiful girl I met on the airplane from mississippi named rebecca. We hung out and caused trouble as 19 year olds would do in a foreign country. I'll never forget the first night we went out to dinner and she was dressed in this amazingly hot red and black little outfit.

Ironically enough I had kinda forgot what she was wearing until I looked at a picture while cleaning out my garage a week ago. Strangly enough as I'm looking at the picture in the corner of my eye I can see my cr/bl mcs and some how found it was appropriate to name the car that didn't get away after the woman that did.

good times.
Our Mini has a similar name connection: Rebecka, co-owner.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:34 AM
lastrega
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my story:

A few yrs ago I had two guys reporting to me and I had to play tough to get things done and under their breath they will call the B word. One day, unknowing to them, I was in their office as they said " She is really a B.., an Italian B.. at that !!" as I came out with a smile asking... "where you talking about me?" They said " Oh no we said that you were an Italian witch"
Translated into Italian is La Strega and since the name stayed with me
(named my company La Strega, too) so the Camaro was " Strega"
the '03 MCS "Streghetta" (little witch) and now the Convertible is "Streghina" (very little witch, as the conv. is smaller !!)

For the past couple of months I couldn't come up with the name of my new MINI then a couple of weeks ago I finally got it "GyPsy"

After Sept. we will have three MINis "Stellina" "Streghina" and "GyPsy"

MD STREGA2

Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
You're in good company. One of the fastest prop driven aircraft in the world, is a P-51 Mustang named Strega.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:15 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
I do believe we are calling our to be delivery MINI "little hottie". I ordered chili red (although, I may change it) and I was thinking of the red hot chili peppers. thus, little hottie for various reasons!

Old 08-02-2006, 07:56 AM
Red Fish
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Gromit801
Go with Zaphod.
Much better choice than Arthur Dent.

(Mine is Lucy -- red, fun, and savvy.)

Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Strife
2nd Gear
Hmm. One of the girls at work has a name for her car and keeps telling me I should name mine. I've had it for a year and a half and still don't know what to call it. It's a PS/B MCS.

I think about what to call it once in a while.

Maybe "Serenity". After the ship from Firefly, the best television show ever. PS/B speaks of a car that's laid back. Likes to take it easy. Not like those chili red MINIs. You know how they can be. Always runnin around, wanting to do chili red stuff, longing for attention. PS/B, now, that's a MINI that says, "I just want some nice open road, not too many other cars, maybe some nice curves".

Hmmm. Yes. Serenity. Then we can be Serenity and Strife!

Old 08-02-2006, 10:38 AM
pottermom
6th Gear
Perry

My on-order, won't arrive soon enough baby, will be named Perry.
It is a pepper white MSC. I like the color but it does remind me of the almond color that was popular for appliances in the 80s and 90s.... which brings to mind refrigerators, which then makes me think of William "the refrigerator" Perry, a football player for the Chicago Bears a while back... and I thought... hmmm... Perry sounds just right.

It has been noted in another thread that Perry could only travel short distances at quick bursts and ate double of everyone else, but also noted that in a match-up with an SUV I might just come out on top.

All joking aside, I like the name. I'm hopeful that my car arrives faster than I anticipate... but I'm not holding my breath...

Old 08-02-2006, 10:35 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
Heart of Gold. Zaphoid has some serious personality defects . . . understandable given his bi-polar situation. But Heart of Gold resonates in a few ways . . . cabin in the gold country . . . I have heart of gold (which I try to compensate for by being a brutal, rougeish, competitive, alcoholic bastard) . . . my spouse is precious . . . and I didn't understand the debate, presented in high school, about the Gold Standard (I suspect the teachers didn't understand it either but it was just sort of stuck in the ciriculum in a Vonnagutnarian sort of way). The only problem is that it will be tough to replace the beautiful metalic silver stripes (on hyper blue) with gold ones. We have a tan leather interior, which complements a gold theme . . . but what anthrocite details could be altered. I don't see the graphics yet. Perhaps I could leave the exterior as it is and work under the hood. Sweet! Annodized! Hey, if I can post without knowing where the spellchecker is, surely I can bring a heart of gold to my MINI!

Old 08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Minirox
3rd Gear
Ours is SOOPER, MINIROX, BLING BLING. Sooper because it is an S, Minirox because the mini rocks and the owner my wife is named Roxanne and is only 5' tall and a 1/2inch. Bling Bling because my wifes favorite color is chrome.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

Old 08-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BlueBonnet
Heart of Gold. Zaphoid has some serious personality defects . . . understandable given his bi-polar situation. But Heart of Gold resonates in a few ways . . . cabin in the gold country . . . I have heart of gold (which I try to compensate for by being a brutal, rougeish, competitive, alcoholic bastard) . . . my spouse is precious . . . and I didn't understand the debate, presented in high school, about the Gold Standard (I suspect the teachers didn't understand it either but it was just sort of stuck in the ciriculum in a Vonnagutnarian sort of way). The only problem is that it will be tough to replace the beautiful metalic silver stripes (on hyper blue) with gold ones. We have a tan leather interior, which complements a gold theme . . . but what anthrocite details could be altered. I don't see the graphics yet. Perhaps I could leave the exterior as it is and work under the hood. Sweet! Annodized! Hey, if I can post without knowing where the spellchecker is, surely I can bring a heart of gold to my MINI!
Could call it Midas.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:35 PM
miniflip80
2nd Gear
Mine shall be named ~Flick~ coz I'm a Flip and in my Mini I'm slick. oh yeah.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:49 AM
SB
6th Gear
It finally hit me yesterday. My MINI is now known as Lunch Box.

I was listening to a cd I had made and mistakenly put on a song from years ago called Lunch Box by Marilyn Manson. The lyrics, most, fit right in on my feelings when I hit the twisties or the course for autocross.

Here are the edited lyrics.

On we plow
The big bully try to stick his finger in my chest
Try to tell me, tell me he's the best
But I don't really give a ******** cause
I got my lunchbox and I'm armed real well.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:28 AM
TheSilverBullet
4th Gear
I named mine Winnie Cooper... yes... after the Wonder Years
Love that show

Old 09-25-2006, 05:45 PM
hahnsie
you know im sexy
thats such a great old show

Old 09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
creseida
4th Gear
i named mine Buddha.

In Buddhism, a Buddha (Sanskrit, Pāli) is any being who has become fully awakened (enlightened), has permanently overcome greed, hate, and ignorance, and has achieved complete liberation from suffering. Enlightenment (or Nirvana) is the highest form of happiness. It only applies to the first one who has achieved this without prior knowledge of Buddhism. When all knowledge of Buddhism is lost and one becomes enlightened then we have a true Buddha. Buddha literally means "awakened" or "that which has become aware". It is the past participle of the Sanskrit root budh, i.e. "to awaken", "to know", or "to become aware". The word Buddha is simply a title that means 'The Awakened One'.

lets face it minis look a lot like buddha who is always laughing and having a grand time. which is a lot like what driving a MINI does for me

Old 09-25-2006, 07:34 PM
creseida
4th Gear
to the person with the yellow mini how about maize?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Floydfan
2nd Gear
Mine has been christened " Sabastian" .......although instead of smashing a bottle of champange across the hood, i'll just drink it!

Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 PM
minimeto
6th Gear
Location: In my secret lair of justice somewhere among the sewers of Jacksonville Florida.
From sunshineminis.org my answer to this question:

My screen name is actually my Mini's name. He kindly allows me to use it on the computer (Them 18" run flats are just no good fer peckin' at a keyboard). As to why Minimetoo I quote me from 8/19 in the Off Topic "Whats your screen name mean??

Now many people assume that my screen name is a way of shouting that I also drive a MC. But if you thought that yer wrong oh so wrong. It a actually a derivation of little known word in the language of Seven Nations indians (Seneca and Moe Howard I believe). A name meaning little, swift, cute as a button, furry forest dweller that races around and around Gitchigumi by the shining big sea waters until you get dizzy watching and barf (it natures adaptation to insure survival of the species). Honest....that's what it means, really - why would I lie to other Mini owners. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes LEE

Things don't change and minimetoo still can't type worh a s**t even with new Goodyear Eagle F1s on his paws. LEE

Old 10-17-2006, 07:30 AM
rjyoder4
2nd Gear
What do you call your MINI ?

I think the names that we give our MINIs might be an interesting topic, (searched and couldn’t find a similar thread, sorry if I missed).

My wife’s MINI is a 05 MC, Astro Black Convertible. She is a fan of Agatha Christe (English Mystery Writer), and in particular the Dective Hercule Poirot character.

So Her MINI is Hercule

My MINI is an 02 MC, Chili Red. I’m not as big a fan, but in keeping with maintaining a harmonious (UK-connected) naming convention – We named him in honor of the Poirot’s loyal sidekick Arthur Hastings

And His (my) MINI is Capt Hastings.

Happy Motoring from Northern Virginia !

Hercule and Capt Hastings (and owners)

Last edited by rjyoder4; 10-20-2006 at 04:57 AM. Reason: clean-up - sorry
Old 10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Great names, there are a few threads relating to this, but I'm sure you will hear from folks. We all love to talk about our MINI's name.
Mine is in my sig.
Here's one thread,
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ighlight=names

Annette

Old 10-17-2006, 08:10 AM
rjyoder4
2nd Gear
Thanks for the reply, actually "El Kabong" (and wondering about the name) was one of the names that triggered the question -
Terriffic Name !

Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Bump

Old 10-17-2006, 08:42 AM
sullt
1st Gear
Mine is a 2006 Royal Grey named Earl.

As in "Earl Grey"...

Old 10-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Yona_Usti
1st Gear
owned ours for just about two months and have named her Mimi...long story but fits her well.

DW

Quick Reply: Does your MINI have a name?