My Mini is IN Cali!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 05:02 PM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Mini is IN Cali!!!!!!

--I think that boat from Oxford was supercharged cuz my car made it to Cali by Sept 27th! Only 1 month and 16 days after ordering! I checked the owners lounge and it said the expected delivery date is Oct 9th, but I don't think that's possible unless Matson has warp drives installed. I asked my sales dude and he said he'll know more in a few days.

Can anyone in Hawaii tell me how long it should take between Cali and Hawaii? Please let me know. Actually the later the better as I will be in Guam until the 15th. The thought of my car sitting in the showroom unsupervised for 6 days is nerve racking. I end each of my E-mails to Mini of Hawaii with... "Please don't let anyone drive my Mini."

Thanks one and all.

--pyratio

Old 10-04-2005, 06:03 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
wow, mine took 3 months...in my case, it was crazy. justin over at mini gave me a vin number to track but it never showed up until 2 months....but it was sure fun tracking my MCS it's almost like tracking an oversize fedex package...

Old 10-04-2005, 10:17 PM
pyratio
really big fedex

--haha! Yeah that's true Louis, it is like tracking a humongous package. That's something I don't think any other car manufacturer offers. Another reason why I dig the car and the company so much.

Do you remember how long it took from the time it took from Cali to Hawaii tho? My Mini has been sitting in Cali for a week now and I'm wondering if it really will only take 1 week to get to Honolulu?

I expected my baby to get here in November but now Eeek! I've got to rush everything. Bank paperwork, autopayments, and insurance. It's all ready to go but now I've got to get the ball rolling. Of course I DO have to look at the roof mount racks and OK that install. So that'll give me some time before I actually take delivery. Which is when my Bank will issue the payment.

--pyratio

Originally Posted by cwlouis
wow, mine took 3 months...in my case, it was crazy. justin over at mini gave me a vin number to track but it never showed up until 2 months....but it was sure fun tracking my MCS it's almost like tracking an oversize fedex package...

Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
California to Hawaii

California to Hawaii was the most frustrating period of the whole shipping wait.

My Wino, an MCSCa, arrived at Port Hueneme on Sep 12th. On Sep 24th it shipped out on the Matsonia arriving in Honolulu last Wed the 28th. I received a call this afternoon from Robert at MINI Hawaii letting me know that it arrived at the dealership today (six days from Sand Island to Kapiolani, aaarrggghhh!).

With a little luck, I'll be motoring by Thursday or Friday!

You can track with Matson in major detail! Your VIN will confirm which ship its on and the satellite tracking will let you go nuts watching it make its way to the island.

Its good that mine is here...... I couldn't stand any more waiting!

Old 10-05-2005, 01:11 AM
pyratio
It's on MATSON!!!

Thanks Feedback dude!!! I punched in my VIN number and here's what I got!

Your vehicle has been loaded to vessel MV MANUKAI and is in transit to HONOLULU (B51) Please check again in a few days for FINAL availability information.
Berth information may be provided as an extension to port.
Example: HONOLULU (B51) describes a vehicle at Berth 51 in Honolulu.

Woohoo!!! If my calculations are correct it will be at sea for 4 days and get here on the 8th. If it takes Matson 6 days to unload and transport to MOH then I'll get a call on the 16th or 17th!!! Yay!!! I'll be back on the 15th so that's perfect!

Total time from ordering is 2 months and 4 days. Wow Mini production is kicking A$$!!! That's about as fast as the scion's!

Thanks everyone.

--pyratio

Originally Posted by FeedBack
California to Hawaii was the most frustrating period of the whole shipping wait.

My Wino, an MCSCa, arrived at Port Hueneme on Sep 12th. On Sep 24th it shipped out on the Matsonia arriving in Honolulu last Wed the 28th. I received a call this afternoon from Robert at MINI Hawaii letting me know that it arrived at the dealership today (six days from Sand Island to Kapiolani, aaarrggghhh!).

With a little luck, I'll be motoring by Thursday or Friday!

You can track with Matson in major detail! Your VIN will confirm which ship its on and the satellite tracking will let you go nuts watching it make its way to the island.

Its good that mine is here...... I couldn't stand any more waiting!

Old 10-05-2005, 01:32 AM
keikilee
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pyratio
Total time from ordering is 2 months and 4 days. Wow Mini production is kicking A$$!!! That's about as fast as the scion's!
hahahahaah true dat! my scion is taking forever. what's funny is that I"m about to change my mind...i've had just about the worst buying experience. read my blog..man..read my blog! *sigh*

anyways...congrats! I'm so excited for you! now pretty soon you'll have somewhere to put your center consol organizers!!!!! hahahaahah

Old 10-05-2005, 02:13 AM
FeedBack
5th Gear
Thanks Feedback dude!!! I punched in my VIN number and here's what I got!

Your vehicle has been loaded to vessel MV MANUKAI and is in transit to HONOLULU (B51) Please check again in a few days for FINAL availability information.
Berth information may be provided as an extension to port.
Example: HONOLULU (B51) describes a vehicle at Berth 51 in Honolulu.

Woohoo!!! If my calculations are correct it will be at sea for 4 days and get here on the 8th. If it takes Matson 6 days to unload and transport to MOH then I'll get a call on the 16th or 17th!!! Yay!!! I'll be back on the 15th so that's perfect!

Thanks everyone.

--pyratio
Actually, the Manukai sailed on the 1st of Oct and is due in Honolulu tomorrow (the 5th, see http://www.matson.com/servlet/transa...orts/haw_s.pdf)

Go to http://www.matson.com/matnav/about_us/vessel_stats.html and pick the Manukai and you can see exactly where it is.

Hey.... Its coming fast!

Old 10-05-2005, 02:34 AM
pyratio
It's near HILO!!!

--Holy Moly! It's near Hilo already! At this rate she'll be in port in a couple of days or less. Darn it! I've gotta call my bank. Thanks Feedback!

Hey Keiki, thanks too, what car are you looking at now? Please don't tell me the Civic SI! But oh yeah, this has the be the first time I've bought accessories for a vehicle before I took posession of it. :smile: Thanks Keiki for the goodies!

--pyratio

Old 10-05-2005, 11:24 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
My Mini arrived in CA on the 3rd.... Currently waiting shipment via Matson... nothing showing on the Matson tracking yet though...

I hope it will be on the Matsonia leaving on Sat the 8th or Manulani leaving on Wed the 12th...

Old 10-06-2005, 03:42 AM
pyratio
It's in HONOLULU!!!

--My baby is docked across the bay from me!!! The MV Manukai is GPS tracked at 0 knots and proximity is Honolulu. Matson customer service confirms that it is indeed docked and will take 3 to 4 days to unload its vehicle cargo. I hope I get to see her before my business trip this Saturday! I'm taking a day off when I get back from my trip. Going motoring!!!

--pyratio

Old 10-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Blown-Lone-Star
3rd Gear
it took mine slightly less than two weeks. when you come back let me know and we will take our new Minis out for some motoring fun.
casey.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:21 AM
pyratio
Motor On!

SHOOTS!!! Just try not to leave me behind too badly ok? Just remember the magic number, 4500...4500...4500...4500RPM.... Uggh for 1250 miles! Why does it have to be SOOOOOO long!!!??

Haha I can't wait! Thanks man. I'll PM you when I pick her up.

--keith

Originally Posted by Blown-Lone-Star
it took mine slightly less than two weeks. when you come back let me know and we will take our new Minis out for some motoring fun.
casey.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Estimated Delivery date for me is now 10/18/05, according to Mini Order Tracking...

Old 10-07-2005, 11:16 PM
pyratio
so close...

--Just came back from Mini of Hawaii. Justin and I went over the final invoice and faxed it to my bank. He mentioned that my car probably wouldn't make it to the dealership until either next week Monday or Tuesday. Even then he said they're gonna go through a major cleanup of the car and then they're gonna install the roof racks I ordered. All this might take two to three days depending on the work load the shop is under. So the car actually "just" might be ready by the next next Monday the 17th.

I'll probably call or stop by the dealership next Saturday to see where the car is at. Or to sit in another Cooper S and make Vroom Vroom noises.

Can't wait.

--keith

Old 10-07-2005, 11:31 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
You both are getting really close now...

If you get your MINIs before 10/22 you can bring them by Hawaii raceway park on Saturday 10/22 to visit with us when we do Test and Tune for SCCA autocross.

We are out there all day and will be busy driving until our rubber wears off or melts down.

If you can get a helmet and some shoes on we can take you for a spin since one passenger per car is permitted all day. You can see what a MINI is capable of on the track during autocross.

It's free to drop by and you can do it anytime from 9 to 3 pm. We really don't even take a break for lunch, we just keep driving in shifts.

Come on down if you can. You can get in some breakin miles with the nice long straight drive to Kapolei and campbell industrial park, past the new Advertiser Building just past Kapolei.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:27 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
As of Oct 10th, My 06 MCS is at Matson in CA...awaiting shipment....

next ship leaves on 10/12...10/15...

Old 10-12-2005, 10:34 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Your vehicle has been loaded to vessel MV MANULANI and is in transit to HONOLULU (B51) Please check again in a few days for FINAL availability information.:smile:

Yeah! Arrive to port on 10/16!

Old 10-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
That's awesome roehrigs! Hang in there.

-hijack off- my bad.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:02 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Get your car yet Pyratio????

Old 10-18-2005, 01:17 AM
pyratio
She's on display!!!

--I called Justin today and asked how my car looks and he said, "It looks...it looks Goooood!" So I offer to come down today to check it out and he said they've got everything installed but they want to detail it tomorrow so I can pick it up Wednesday.

My downtown instincts perk up and I think, "what's he hiding?" So through the hell on earth traffic that was today's Monday triple threat lockup I make it down to the dealership a little after six. It's closed but to my delight on display under the halogens is my beauty.

All decked out in chrome and white s-lites she's proudly displayed in front of the dealership with a big SOLD sign in the windshield. It felt almost surreal to finally see her in real life. I had designed her nearly a year ago. Test drove her sister 6 months ago and fell in love. I walked around her several times and everything was in order. I felt my face all flushed and I must've been glowing red like the father of brand new baby. Everything on the outside looked perfect. A little dirty here or there, but nothing worse for the wear.

I can kind of understand the dealership wanting to hold on to her for a couple more days. I'm gonna hold on to her for a long time. I just hope the initial test drive goes good. I'll keep y'all posted.

--pyratio

Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
So 12 days later and you still don't have her yet huh.... that stinks! I would think they want to get them off of the lot....

Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Got a call from the dealer... My Mini is arriving today to the dealer.... yeah!

Old 10-19-2005, 10:10 PM
pyratio
She's HOME!!!!!

--Among the gloomiest of gloomy days my baby arrived via stork today. Even through the heavy rain and crazy drivers nothing could wipe the grin off of my face as I drove my baby home. And without further adieu here she is!!!

--pyratio

Attached Thumbnails My Mini is IN Cali!!!!!!-up_dsc01499.jpg   My Mini is IN Cali!!!!!!-up_dsc01514.jpg  
Old 10-19-2005, 10:28 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Did you see a black MCS w/ silver roof there??? The dealer said she was there waiting to be prep'd...

Old 10-19-2005, 11:07 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
--Among the gloomiest of gloomy days my baby arrived via stork today. Even through the heavy rain and crazy drivers nothing could wipe the grin off of my face as I drove my baby home. And without further adieu here she is!!!

--pyratio
Congrats Keith!

Quick Reply: My Mini is IN Cali!!!!!!