Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Uber at it AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
ashboomstick
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-14-2007, 12:07 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyboy155

You're right, stand alone hosting costs a lot, although i'm not sure I understand the benefit (Unless of course one of the other sites on the server compromises the integrity of that server).
Having setup hosting for several companies myself, I can say that there is a HUGE difference between customer services for a standalone solution over a shared solution. With that Mark has to feel secure that his business is functioning day to day as this is his livelihood. Insurance is always a good thing....

Last edited by daflake; 05-14-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Originally Posted by El_Griton
they have a 45$ sticker. come on.
Beats me why anyone would pay $45 for a decal but that is based on my own purchasing patterns. That said I'm sure that there have been some sold to someone. Again, another case of information presented that each of us can read, ponder, and make our own buying decisions. Let the marketplace determine a product's success or failure.

Mark

Old 05-14-2007, 12:35 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
I will never buy anything from Palo Uber again. After my Bondo filled hood scoop fell apart, I was forced to deal with them and their scams. All of their products are over priced and aren't very special. I have so much to say but I will let them fail on there own.
M

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 05-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark

While I have voiced my concerns with them regarding their "style" of posting I am currently not aware of any customer service issues.
There are multiple threads about customer service issues. There are the rusted nuts problems where people have complained only to never hear back from PU. There are the poorly anodized aerials that were replaced once only to fade again, and then no responses at all from PU. And there are multiple people who were discouraged when they found out that their wheels were fakes and could have been bought for cheaper. And apparently mario has had problems with their scoop and getting them to fix the problem. It seems that if you get a good product (I'm sure they must have some on that site somewhere) you get great customer service, and thats awesome. But, the second you get a bad product (they seem to have lots of them), you will get no customer service and will be ignored.

Not to mention, that if the wheels are cheap honda wheels trying to be sold as high performance special wheels....and their special expensive lugnuts just rust.......probably 90% of their products are just hyped up cheap honda parts that are of a low quality. But considering how much they charge, i would dare to say that most of their customers would be upset to find out that they could have save massive amounts of money and gotten the same product.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Mark
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
There are multiple threads about customer service issues. There are the rusted nuts problems where people have complained only to never hear back from PU. There are the poorly anodized aerials that were replaced once only to fade again, and then no responses at all from PU. And there are multiple people who were discouraged when they found out that their wheels were fakes and could have been bought for cheaper. And apparently mario has had problems with their scoop and getting them to fix the problem. It seems that if you get a good product (I'm sure they must have some on that site somewhere) you get great customer service, and thats awesome. But, the second you get a bad product (they seem to have lots of them), you will get no customer service and will be ignored.
After my post I have received a few reports of customer service issues. Thank you for the reports! I'll escalate this with both P/U and Madness to see if we can get some resolution for these members.

Not to mention, that if the wheels are cheap honda wheels trying to be sold as high performance special wheels....and their special expensive lugnuts just rust.......probably 90% of their products are just hyped up cheap honda parts that are of a low quality. But considering how much they charge, i would dare to say that most of their customers would be upset to find out that they could have save massive amounts of money and gotten the same product.
Agreed...with wheels there is almost always a cheaper version that looks the same (or you can powder coat yourself to get the same look). Regardless who the wheel vendor is its always good to do a lot of research on wheels to find exactly what you want look and price-wise.

Mark

Old 05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
After my post I have received a few reports of customer service issues. Thank you for the reports! I'll escalate this with both P/U and Madness to see if we can get some resolution for these members.
no problem....its hard to keep up with all this stuff

Agreed...with wheels there is almost always a cheaper version that looks the same (or you can powder coat yourself to get the same look). Regardless who the wheel vendor is its always good to do a lot of research on wheels to find exactly what you want look and price-wise.
Totally agreed....though it becomes hard to research wheels well when you have a company like PU saying that they were special fabricated and designed for great performance when its not even true.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice to know that vendors are held to a standard of integrity that is not suspect at best... Just my 2 pennies, as I have not purchased and will not purchase anything from PU. I would also add that I have purchased from Mini-Madness (non PU parts), and received exemplary sevice!

Last edited by minimarks; 05-14-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:08 PM
MINI-Madness
Former Vendor
PU support

If anyone has issues or questions regarding PU products or service please don't hesitate to call. We are more than willing to help, if your interested call us at our toll free number 1-888-783-6294

Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 PM
El_Griton
6th Gear
I have bought parts from Mini Madness, Love the parts and service!

But NAM doesnt like P|U much! I must say, they make unrealistic claims with little to no backup data. They wont last much longer here. and for a vender that has been here as long as MM im surprised to see the association.
I really hope to see you continue to do well George! But p|u stinks.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by El_Griton
I have bought parts from Mini Madness, Love the parts and service!

But NAM doesnt like P|U much! I must say, they make unrealistic claims with little to no backup data. They wont last much longer here. and for a vender that has been here as long as MM im surprised to see the association.
I really hope to see you continue to do well George! But p|u stinks.
I am glad that you are surprised about the association between MM and Palo Uber. It must mean that not everything you read here on NAM is true!

MM has seen and understands that Palo Uber makes some great stuff and wants to share it with Mini community

Last edited by Passat774; 05-15-2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Fix Font
Old 05-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
It means that MM wants to make money. The fact that they sell Uber rebadged parts doesn't mean they support their tactics. Assuming PU items were worth the money -- an assumption I would definitely not feel justified to make --- I'd rather deal with a 3rd party to get them and not have to put up with PU's bs. It's one thing to like a company's products (however undeserved that loyalty is), it's quite another to dismiss all it's transgressions as hallucinations.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Beats me why anyone would pay $45 for a decal but that is based on my own purchasing patterns. That said I'm sure that there have been some sold to someone. Again, another case of information presented that each of us can read, ponder, and make our own buying decisions. Let the marketplace determine a product's success or failure.

Mark
I totally agree with letting the marketplace decide. Except, vendors should not be allowed to advertise falsely on NAM. Based on what I have read in threads here, PU claims that their product is made exclusively by them at a much higher quality. The evidence presented here has allowed me to reasonably conclude that at least some of their "exclusive" wheels and struts are rebadged products from other manufacturers, bearing no alterations, other than removing the OEM sticker, and marked up outrageously. Worse, when caught in the act, PU unabashedly announces they will sue the other company. Now, obviously, not all advertising can be taken at it's word, but, clearly, outright false claims should not be tollerated.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Passat774
MM has seen and understands that Palo Uber makes some great stuff and wants to share it with Mini community
I think it can be better stated as

NAM has seen and understands that Palo Uber's cheque clears every month.

The question becomes does NAM police advertisers or let the market shake them out. I for one do not want NAM to decide who products are worthy of being presented to the community. Every vendor deserves a fair shake and then let the community decide if they spend their money. Until any vendor is proven to be a scammer and is running off with peoples money and not suppling product they should have the ability to advertise on NAM. It's up to us in the community to decide if we want to buy these products from that vendor. We also have the ability to call it as we see it so long as it's not in a libilous manner.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
In general, I agree with you, g, but it's not just about whether they supply the product, but also whether the product they supplied is what it was held out to be. I agree, though, that I should be allowed the choice of deciding for myself whether or not I am willing to go with a less than honorable company. On the other hand, people come to NAM to receive the best info they can on all things MINI. They should feel confident that ordering from a sponsor should be less risky than pulling a name from the phonebook or web search engine. Of course, threads such as these do help.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor

Yah, you're totally right dude....nothing like the quality of sportmax wheels(), or "stainless" lug nuts that rust, or an antenna that even MM said (on NAM) was "inadequately anodized"...or maybe they just liked the scoops that were poorly made. Oh wait....you know what must have drawn them in? I bet it was the $550 vinyl stripes that were designed by a completely unknown tiny little artist, Palo Uber.

Last edited by Rally@StanceDesign; 05-15-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Yah, you're totally right dude....nothing like the quality of sportmax wheels(), or "stainless" lug nuts that rust, or an antenna that even MM said (on NAM) was "inadequately anodized"...or maybe they just liked the scoops that were poorly made. Oh wait....you know what must have drawn them in? I bet it was the $550 vinyl stripes that were designed by a completely unknown tiny little artist, Palo Uber.

They nicest thing about all the parts you just listed, is that I do not own any of them I guess, I just got really lucky with my Palo Uber parts

Old 05-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
They nicest thing about all the parts you just listed, is that I do not own any of them I guess, I just got really lucky with my Palo Uber parts

haha yah i bet the pulley was really worth hundreds more than the others. You know, since they showed comparison dyno sheets and stuff . Nothing like money that could have been better spent on other mods as well.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Mark
The point to take away here is that Madness has been on the site since 2002 and is offering to help out with any of the customer service issues that a few people had with P/U products. If you have a product problem give them a call and they will try to help resolve the problem.

Mark

Old 05-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
The point to take away here is that Madness has been on the site since 2002 and is offering to help out with any of the customer service issues that a few people had with P/U products. If you have a product problem give them a call and they will try to help resolve the problem.

Mark

Very true, and i have faith in MM. But, at the same time, after being told by MM that he would get a better antenna, gnatster hasnt heard from anyone in 4 weeks and has posted every 2 weeks asking for a response in his thread. So clearly, the MM thing isnt really helping much.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Mark
Very true, and i have faith in MM. But, at the same time, after being told by MM that he would get a better antenna, gnatster hasnt heard from anyone in 4 weeks and has posted every 2 weeks asking for a response in his thread. So clearly, the MM thing isnt really helping much.
Gnaster - have you given George at MM a call? When I spoke to him earlier today he said that no one that has had product problems has contacted him yet. I know that he would try to help resolve the problem for you.

Mark

Old 05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Gnaster - have you given George at MM a call? When I spoke to him earlier today he said that no one that has had product problems has contacted him yet. I know that he would try to help resolve the problem for you.

Mark
He already tried.....and George siad he would do something....but it has been 5 weeks and had no further response

The posts:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...1&postcount=92

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...5&postcount=96

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...&postcount=101

Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
I did get a reply back from MM late yesterday, the author was not identified.

Mark, I did speak to George a while back and noted it in the thread.

As I have stated before my biggest beef in the entire issue is the fact a P.U. rep at AMVIV told me with a straight face an object I was looking at that was clearly painted was anodized. That one thing has turned me off to P.U. I have no beef at all with MM and have purchased parts from them since and also have a substantial part on order.

I can accept that at times items and/or vendors will have an issue. Thats life, the real test is how the vendor works with the customer to remedy the issue. I do not think I am unreasonable. If you would like I can document multiple incidents where an issue has cropped up and how the vendor has resolved the issue in a manner that shows the vendor is is interested in cultivating a long term relationship and is not out to just sell me a part.

On second thought. I'll start a thread on just that very subject...

How a vendor made it right. Look for it soon.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Mark
Originally Posted by gnatster
I did get a reply back from MM late yesterday, the author was not identified.

Mark, I did speak to George a while back and noted it in the thread.

As I have stated before my biggest beef in the entire issue is the fact a P.U. rep at AMVIV told me with a straight face an object I was looking at that was clearly painted was anodized. That one thing has turned me off to P.U. I have no beef at all with MM and have purchased parts from them since and also have a substantial part on order.

I can accept that at times items and/or vendors will have an issue. Thats life, the real test is how the vendor works with the customer to remedy the issue. I do not think I am unreasonable. If you would like I can document multiple incidents where an issue has cropped up and how the vendor has resolved the issue in a manner that shows the vendor is is interested in cultivating a long term relationship and is not out to just sell me a part.

On second thought. I'll start a thread on just that very subject...

How a vendor made it right. Look for it soon.
Cool....I just wanted to make sure you had been able to get the issued addressed with Madness since I know they want to provide great customer service and are in a position to help on this issue. Stepping up when under fire certainly builds a strong following because you know you'll be treated fairly in the future. For vendors that don't do this they are missing an opportunity to improve their business and build a stronger bond with members/customers.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
El_Griton
6th Gear
yeah they PM'ed me with thanx at like 2:30 in the morning. if thats not customer care then I dont know what is!

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Uber at it AGAIN!