Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior A-panel Checks

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007 | 04:47 PM
H.A.W.G.
|
5th Gear
A-panel Checks

Alright just a quick question. I want white a panel checks. I see that AS has some, but do they have both the black and whitein them or do they have just white. My Mini is Astro Black, and I am worried that it wont look right just like my bonnet stripes that have the black border due to the dealer desision. If AS checks are both the Black and white does anyone know where I can get some that are just the white

Old 05-17-2007 | 04:54 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by H.A.W.G.
Alright just a quick question. I want white a panel checks. I see that AS has some, but do they have both the black and whitein them or do they have just white. My Mini is Astro Black, and I am worried that it wont look right just like my bonnet stripes that have the black border due to the dealer desision. If AS checks are both the Black and white does anyone know where I can get some that are just the white
Trying to understand your question, so bear with me while I attempt to paraphrase it...

Are you wanting to know if the A-panel checks offered by AS are black squares printed on white vinyl? (My guess is yes because black squares printed on clear vinyl would look...well...tacky & diminish the lustre of the Astro Black paint that would be visible through the clear vinyl.)

Old 05-17-2007 | 04:58 PM
H.A.W.G.
|
5th Gear
I just want the checks no other vinyl. just the white checks. like the OEM checkmate graphics. I would buy those from Moss or some other place, but they dont make the OEM in white, just black and silver. So just the white checks, sorry if first post was confusing, im not good with words

Old 05-17-2007 | 05:04 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
I just want the checks no other vinyl. just the white checks. like the OEM checkmate graphics. I would buy those from Moss or some other place, but they dont make the OEM in white, just black and silver. So just the white checks, sorry if first post was confusing, im not good with words
I think it would be a manufacturing AND installation nightmare to have it with only white checks. The corner points would be the only piece of vinyl holding everything together and the chances of stretching the vinyl out of square would increase dramatically.

You might be better off consulting a local paintshop to see if they can mask-off the Astro Black and then paint the white squares.

It'll probably be costly and it will definitely be more permanent than vinyl, but it'd be a heck of a lot easier than trying to apply individual white vinyl squares.

Old 05-17-2007 | 05:11 PM
H.A.W.G.
|
5th Gear
It has been done. I just need to find them or get them made, They dont need to be connected. the just need to be like alot of Window decals where they are on a static cling thingy and then you stick to object and then peal off static cling part

Old 05-17-2007 | 06:38 PM
MPETUOS
2nd Gear
http://www.aestheticreations.net/gra...s/ChecksAP.jpg Example of A panels

http://www.aestheticreations.net/sidestripes.htm AC Main Site

You an check with Cooper Flags also, he dose'nt have any listed on the web but I could have swore i saw some at his tent at the Dragon.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-17-2007 | 07:23 PM
CooperGear
Banned
Any vinyl shop can do this. Just tell them you want a 2" by 2" check pattern and they will cut it up for you. Then you can install it or have them do it.

Easy as pie.

B-

Old 05-18-2007 | 11:25 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear

Yes I can make them in just white vinyl to go over the Astro Black. I have them set up in several options. Cut vinyl does just what you're looking for. but I also carry them in Black and white and can make them any other color upon request too.

Feel free to order of the site and just state in the notes field that you want just white checks.

Happy Motoring