Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Gauge Face Install issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:42 PM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gauge Face Install issue

So a few weeks ago I installed some blue gauge faces, they came out great! For some reason even though the needles were aligned correctly after the install, shortly after they moved 200-300 RPM's off and 7-10 MPH off.

I decided to open it back up and reset the gauges, and now they're both completely retarded. I'll put it back together and drive for an hour perfectly fine, get out of the car, come back in a few hours and the needle is pointing STRAIGHT DOWN .

I have no clue what could be causing this, i've reset it 5-6 times already and I keep having the same issue. I'm reluctant to unplug the speedo because of the possible issue with having to take it back to the dealer (Don't want to get charged for them to "Re-Enable" it). Does anyone have a clue what on earth is going on?!?

Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 AM
MPETUOS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
So a few weeks ago I installed some blue gauge faces, they came out great! For some reason even though the needles were aligned correctly after the install, shortly after they moved 200-300 RPM's off and 7-10 MPH off.

I decided to open it back up and reset the gauges, and now they're both completely retarded. I'll put it back together and drive for an hour perfectly fine, get out of the car, come back in a few hours and the needle is pointing STRAIGHT DOWN .

I have no clue what could be causing this, i've reset it 5-6 times already and I keep having the same issue. I'm reluctant to unplug the speedo because of the possible issue with having to take it back to the dealer (Don't want to get charged for them to "Re-Enable" it). Does anyone have a clue what on earth is going on?!?
Hey Nick, sorry to hear of this. I had faces installed at the dragon, and a buddy saw that they were correctly zero'ed out. Now speedo only goes down to 4mph. I'm ok, as it makes it look like I'm goning faster than I am, but I'm curious as to why it changed.

Anyone have an idea?

Last edited by MPETUOS; 05-21-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
cangelosijeff
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strange...I've had my gauges since they came out and no problems here. The only thing I could reckon would be that in putting them back on they didn't go on tight enough, and now normal driving vibrations are moving them? Weird.