Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior New CF scoop !

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Passat774
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My pictures are not the greatest. Went to the dealer this weekend and everyone kept asking about it and telling me how much they all liked it. (these where other Mini owners !)

Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
mcs1984
2nd Gear
hey ....how much did u pay for the scoop ?
i have a hyper blue mini with white roof
i want to get the scoop and paint it in white
what do you guys think the price gonna to be ?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:50 PM
El_Griton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mcs1984
hey ....how much did u pay for the scoop ?
i want to get the scoop and paint it in white
1. 1,000,000 dollars
2. you dont buy art (puke) like palo ubers, just to paint over perfection!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:58 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
I gotta be honest - not a fan. I like the *looks* of a lot of PU stuff, although their practices here keep me from allowing myself to buy something (not that I could afford it anyway)
True - it's gotten to the point where if I see something neat on the PU website, my first reaction is to see if I can find the company that *really* designed/manufactured the part, to see how much cheaper the same exact part is elsewhere. Sadly, I'm successful more times than not.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
NickS
3rd Gear
i just bought my pu converstion kit.

just kidddingggg

Old 08-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Any other new scoop owners with pictures?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:40 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by minimusprime
it's a shill...

Passat champions everything uber the day it is released. Intersting how he lives some what close to where the 20 year old originator is from.
I stumbled into this thread after seeing the same folks on both sides of this posting to the thread on the PU tuner lugs. Pretty much the same comments, but its the CF scoop here instead of the tuner lugs there as the subject. This thread pre-dates the tuner lug thread, so it is the comment above I'd like to hear explained, if possible. I'll keep reading through the rset of what is here to see if anyone else asked/answered this one, but what is meant by the "he lives some what close to where the 20 year old originator is from"? Who is the "originator" and where does he come "from"?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mozzarella
Does look like the first poster in this thread and Carol went to the same school probably in London ... so.
As a follow-up to what I just asked in my prior post, how did you determine this?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:51 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kulmini
I like the look. I could not make out the scripting on the scoop or is that scripting? PU signature?
I wondered, since I cannot tell from the photos if that PU signature is actually centered to (in line with) the MINI bonnet badge right beneath it?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Passat774
Any comments on the looks? I like more each day I look at it

Looks good on your Mini. Enjoy!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by blackie
I stumbled into this thread after seeing the same folks on both sides of this posting to the thread on the PU tuner lugs. Pretty much the same comments, but its the CF scoop here instead of the tuner lugs there as the subject. This thread pre-dates the tuner lug thread, so it is the comment above I'd like to hear explained, if possible. I'll keep reading through the rset of what is here to see if anyone else asked/answered this one, but what is meant by the "he lives some what close to where the 20 year old originator is from"? Who is the "originator" and where does he come "from"?
I think the originator he's referring to is someone they tracked down on Myspace who seems to be affiliated with PU. Google PU for more details.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:54 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
As a follow-up to what I just asked in my prior post, how did you determine this?
He's just making fun of their outlandish claims.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Passat774
Any other new scoop owners with pictures?
GL with that.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:58 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
True - it's gotten to the point where if I see something neat on the PU website, my first reaction is to see if I can find the company that *really* designed/manufactured the part, to see how much cheaper the same exact part is elsewhere. Sadly, I'm successful more times than not.
So, as it is your "first reaction", have you had any success in finding out who it is "that *really* designed/manufactured the" PU CF scoop and how much cheaper it is so those who want to buy it at the much cheaper price can? Come on, plesae share your findings with us.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:18 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
I think the originator he's referring to is someone they tracked down on Myspace who seems to be affiliated with PU. Google PU for more details.
Thanks for giving me a lead on this Fireman. I appreciate that someone was willing to help me uncover this mystery, honestly.

The problem is that I gave it a quick go by trying to Google the words "Palo Uber" and it didn't yield much of anything but links to the PU site, or their products on other sites, or comments about PU in general. Maybe I need to try something more specific, like "the Wizard behind the Uber Curtain".

Frankly, if a cyber-detective unmasked the truth, why not share it, fully? I mean, this company gets a good bashing (and some of it came from me on the tuner lug thread that I started) and if there are elements like this that go to the heart of their credibility why just allude to it vaguely? I would be grateful to get some solid proof of misrepresentation, rather than what sounds like the same type outlandish claim they are accusing the vendor of having made.

When folks allude to things without backing them up with hard facts or use the tired old "do the research, the truth is out there" it just chaps my A**! It makes me have to wonder “if” they are perhaps more full of it that the vendor they are dumping on.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont think he made that post to mean he had found the scoop....simply sharing his experiences and how he has come to view the company.

It's also interesting to see this thread somewhat revived. They haven't made any posts in reply to people requesting the test information that allowed them to say "Unlike ALL others, our scoop delivers 100% of the smooth air directly to your intercooler with no under-hood leaks or misdirected flow. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION". Any news on that PU guys? Any graphs or IC temps?

That seems like a pretty mean thing to do....put down the competitors saying that their scoops don't work nearly as well. The other competitors have provided test results....it would be nice that if you guys felt such a need to insult other people that you would atleast back up the claims.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Thanks for giving me a lead on this Fireman. I appreciate that someone was willing to help me uncover this mystery, honestly.

The problem is that I gave it a quick go by trying to Google the words "Palo Uber" and it didn't yield much of anything but links to the PU site, or their products on other sites, or comments about PU in general. Maybe I need to try something more specific, like "the Wizard behind the Uber Curtain".

Frankly, if a cyber-detective unmasked the truth, why not share it, fully? I mean, this company gets a good bashing (and some of it came from me on the tuner lug thread that I started) and if there are elements like this that go to the heart of their credibility why just allude to it vaguely? I would be grateful to get some solid proof of misrepresentation, rather than what sounds like the same type outlandish claim they are accusing the vendor of having made.

When folks allude to things without backing them up with hard facts or use the tired old "do the research, the truth is out there" it just chaps my A**! It makes me have to wonder “if” they are perhaps more full of it that the vendor they are dumping on.
There's been alot more found out than just this, but here you go: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=2777718

As you've seen, most of what has been found out about PU seems to lead back to their own website. Strange for a company making the claims they do.

Last edited by Mini Fireman; 08-17-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Frankly, if a cyber-detective unmasked the truth, why not share it, fully?
The original poster decided to remove it from the post he made on NAM out of respect after deciding that it may not be right to share such personal information....much like you decided not to share the email.

You just need to work on your searching skills.....i sent you a PM to explain further. Sadly enough....the folks chapping your bottom can deliver much more than the poor vendor who still hasn't delivered on any proof of HP gains or Air intake efficiency.

minimusprime
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i find it weird that this thread and the PU thread in vendor announcments gets bumped at the same time...

/looks in passat's direction.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:37 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
GL with that.

I have the M7 CF scoop. I love it, but I bought it second-hand and knew it was an early production model. I only later understood that the early models had some issues. While it fit the bonnet fine, there were serious flaws with the attachment bolts staying embedded in the underside, which gave me a major problem with keeping it attached to the bonnet, so PU does not have a corner on the market with products that have issues. Fortunately, Shelly at M7 offered to take it back for repair, even though I was the second owner. I think that is a customer service win for M7, but PU too has done the same for me with their products, so it is hard to see why one company gets lots of applause (and I understand from reading things here that this was not always the case with M7) and the other gets bashed so badly.

Before there is a flood of, "well, PU still charges much too much", I think the price differential between the two CF scoops (M7 vs. PU) is pretty small. My newly repaired M7 CF scoop is on its way back to me as I write this (along with their newest bling, the CF license plate backer, which has also drawn some criticism in another thread here regarding how it fits on the boot) and I'll see just how well the CF scoop attachment issue has been addressed. I am assuming and hoping for the best, which is that I have no further problems with it, just like I'm hoping I'll have no further problems with my replaced PU tuner lugs.

The bottom line is, from my own personal experiences with both companies (and I have at least 3 products fro each of them), that both have had issues with their products and each attempts to resolve these issues and make their customers happy. I’m heading to put on my flame suit now.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:54 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
The original poster decided to remove it from the post he made on NAM out of respect after deciding that it may not be right to share such personal information....much like you decided not to share the email.

You just need to work on your searching skills.....i sent you a PM to explain further. Sadly enough....the folks chapping your bottom can deliver much more than the poor vendor who still hasn't delivered on any proof of HP gains or Air intake efficiency.
Thanks for the PM, but I see the link is already here in this thread publicly. As to not sharing the e-mail from Bryce, I asked for a concensus on what was the right thing to do; as I did not get an affirmative reply, I did not post it.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Just an observation, the e-mail was private, but the link is to a MYSPACE page, which is totally public!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
(and I understand from reading things here that this was not always the case with M7) and the other gets bashed so badly.
Multiple reasons....here are a few.

From one of their happy customers following a distressed battle to try to get PU to fix their problem with no luck :

Originally Posted by "mariokart"
I will never buy anything from Palo Uber again. After my Bondo filled hood scoop fell apart, I was forced to deal with them and their scams
How M7 handles marketing:
Team M7 is proud to offer another choice for those looking to increase airflow to the intercooler.

The M7 Ram Hood Scoop is a stylish, dynamic looking scoop with airflow characteristics and cooling capabilities well beyond the stock hood scoop. The final product is a spectacular performance-increasing piece with lines that compliment the smooth, well-rounded lines of the MINI Cooper S.

The M7 Ram Hood Scoop is available as fiberglass/gel coat ready for prep and paint.

Please Note: The plastic hood shroud may require some minor trimming to fit the larger aperture of the Ram scoop.

In testing, the M7 Ram Hood Scoop has been proven to work more efficiently with the stock intercooler than an aftermarket intercooler with the stock scoop.
Things to note:
They never put down other companies
The page has a link towards the test results that back up their performance claims
They tell you straight that minor trimming is required.

Now how PU handles it:
Our NEW SMALLER DESIGN "aircraft grade carbon fiber " hood induction scoop will increase your air-flow to your intercooler by OVER 100%, resulting in significantly lower temp of your intercooler with SUBSTANTIAL increase in BOTH horsepower and boost. Made from AIRCRAFT GRADE CARBON FIBER unlike others on the market utilizing commercial grade. Absolute perfection in both fit and finish, with unbelievable performance enhancement. Without question, the most performance for the least investment. Fifteen minute instalation.The NEW SLEEK CONTOUR shape designed by Palo Uber with our interior smooth air delivery designed by our automotive engineer in Munich..........Unlike ALL others, our scoop delivers 100% of the smooth air directly to your intercooler with no under-hood leaks or misdirected flow. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION............. CLICK ON PHOTO>>CLICK ON PHOTO
Things to note:
They do put down the competition with rude remarks concerning performance and quality
They say theirs is the best quality when the product actually contained BONDO
They have no backup to claims of 100% improvement, boost and hp performance gains etc
Their advertisements said it installed easily in 15 minutes without any warning of required trimming....which ends up being necessary as seen in the other PU scoop post.

It's pretty simple....yah okay all companies have problems. 100% of the time M7 sought to fix their mistakes and eventually changed the design. PU might have helped you but they didnt help other people with faulty parts.And more importantly....M7 takes a very professional stance on marketing while PU has taken a somewhat childish stance by putting down other companies and making claims that aren't backed up. If you act like a child....you get treated like one.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Just an observation, the e-mail was private, but the link is to a MYSPACE page, which is totally public!
That's fine....as i stated, the person who posted made the decision that it wasnt something that should be shared. If you have a problem with that....you can talk to him, not me. If someone feels that its too personal to post....then they don't have to post it.

And yes, someone posted the link after i sent you the PM. I had no way of knowing what someone would post. I simply made the decision that i didnt want to post it publically.

Last edited by Rally@StanceDesign; 08-17-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
All I wanted was some more pictures

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior New CF scoop !