Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Hood Air Extractor Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:57 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by littlehandegan
A new hood is around $453....:impatient

A small price to pay when fun is on the line. This car is my toy/ r&d/ hobby and I do not limit myself today by worrying about the future. IE: NOS and methanol injection Many worry about the warranty , mine was valid for less than 9 days LOL . Individuality was the basis for the original Mini and should continue to be so with the new MINI

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
mozzarella
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by littlehandegan
A new hood is around $453....:impatient
Plus the stight cost of painting this hole would cost plus a grand to fix.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
mozzarella
Banned
Originally Posted by maxmini
A small price to pay when fun is on the line. This car is my toy/ r&d/ hobby and I do not limit myself today by worrying about the future. IE: NOS and methanol injection Many worry about the warranty , mine was valid for less than 9 days LOL . Individuality was the basis for the original Mini and should continue to be so with the new MINI

Randy
M7 Tuning
It's your business also part of your business is too sell these things to people for a profit.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:01 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mozzarella
It's your business also part of your business is too sell these things to people for a profit.
? I am sure there is a point here but I'll be damned if i can see it . It must be the heat.

Randy
M7 tuning

Old 09-03-2007, 03:18 PM
mozzarella
Banned
Originally Posted by maxmini
? I am sure there is a point here but I'll be damned if i can see it . It must be the heat.

Randy
M7 tuning
I guess you think it's fun too insult customers, and kiss your fanboys asses. I've bought from you but never again Randy.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mozzarella
I guess you think it's fun too insult customers, and kiss your fanboys asses. I've bought from you but never again Randy.
Wow that was quite harsh. You made a very cryptic and grammatically incorrect statement . I merely said that I did not understand your comment . I would be the first to apologize if there were a reason to do so . Enjoy the rest of the holiday

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
trackertracker
2nd Gear
I am going to try to get back to the subject of fun.

Thanks for the info Randy

Old 09-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No need to get so angry....if you don't want to cut your hood, don't buy this product.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 PM
skillet
6th Gear
It always seems as if he's pissed off...I'd hate to see what his posts would be like without the peace sign at the bottom...

Old 09-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
No need to get so angry....if you don't want to cut your hood, don't buy this product.
Too busy grinding axes.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Ironic Peace sigs too...

Old 09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Does anyone wonder what caused the reaction? Might fall under the vendor review category.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Does anyone wonder what caused the reaction? Might fall under the vendor review category.
Sounds like it belongs in its own thread and not taking this one off topic.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Well if you look back at his posts in this thread....almost all of them show him being upset by the fact that one must cut a hole in the hood. Then, when randy posted that he found it fun to do such mods.....he made a post that i couldnt really understand about it being about profit......then he really went off because randy couldnt understand him.

I couldn't possibly see what other problems he could have with a product that isn't even released yet....

Old 09-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if you look back at his posts in this thread....almost all of them show him being upset by the fact that one must cut a hole in the hood. Then, when randy posted that he found it fun to do such mods.....he made a post that i couldnt really understand about it being about profit......then he really went off because randy couldnt understand him.

I couldn't possibly see what other problems he could have with a product that isn't even released yet....
Yea, pretty weird.

I don't understand why he's so pissed, and why the huge issue with cutting a hole in the hood?

Old 09-03-2007, 05:13 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
Sounds like it belongs in its own thread and not taking this one off topic.
True. But has anyone attempted, or had any luck starting a thread like that? I tried once and it literally got deleted within 2 minutes. And any vendor reviews have to go through moderators first, which is not very confidence inspiring. On a forum of this type it leaves those with negative experiences with very few choices.

Understand. It still doesn't shed a light on mozzarela's past experience with M7. And Randy's post did appear to be flippant and dismissive. Not unlike so many others he have made towards those who dared question the M7 tooning ability and motives..

Old 09-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PARTSMAN
I don't understand why he's so pissed, and why the huge issue with cutting a hole in the hood?
I mean, cutting a hole in your hood is really intense....which is exactly why i would never do it, but I'm not gonna flip out just because i dont want to cut a hole in my hood

Old 09-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor

Understand. It still doesn't shed a light on mozzarela's past experience with M7. And Randy's post did appear to be flippant and dismissive. Not unlike so many others he have made towards those who dared question the M7 tooning ability and motives..
Honestly , his post really makes no sense gramatically....how is it dismissive for Randy to say he didn't understand it. He might have been a little bit too sensitive if the took randy's post as some dismissive insult. I STILL don't get what he meant by this sentence...the grammar is all out of whack:

And what is he questioning in that post? If i understand it correctly he is saying that profits are the motive of M7 I don't think that anyone would be surprised that any company is in buisness to make profit. This is probably why Randy said he didn't see the point of the post...... there is no actual point to the post.

Last edited by Rally@StanceDesign; 09-03-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Oh jeez, here we go. goaljnky attempting to wreck another M7 thread.

Dude, the only thing that Randy said was that "It must be the heat". If mozzarella is gonna flip out because of that, then he's just looking for a fight.
You're right, we don't know what the deal is with him and M7, but this thread is not the place to air it out.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
I mean, cutting a hole in your hood is really intense....which is exactly why i would never do it, but I'm not gonna flip out just because i dont want to cut a hole in my hood
Rally, it is pretty crazy. We did mine with a plasma cutter, and once you start, that's it.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:28 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Honestly , his post really makes no sense gramatically....how is it dismissive for Randy to say he didn't understand it. He might have been a little bit too sensitive if the took randy's post as some dismissive insult. I STILL don't get what he meant by this sentence...the grammar is all out of whack:

And what is he questioning in that post? If i understand it correctly he is saying that profits are the motive of M7 I don't think that anyone would be surprised that any company is in buisness to make profit. This is probably why Randy said he didn't see the point of the post...... there is no actual point to the post.
Grammar aside, I think he is questioning the motivation in marketing of products of questionable usefulness by a company with a mounting numbers of dissatisfied customers. Nobody denies any company's right to make a profit. But when that is the only motivation... I think you can fill in the rest...

Old 09-03-2007, 05:31 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Oh jeez, here we go. goaljnky attempting to wreck another M7 thread.

Dude, the only thing that Randy said was that "It must be the heat". If mozzarella is gonna flip out because of that, then he's just looking for a fight.
You're right, we don't know what the deal is with him and M7, but this thread is not the place to air it out.
Sorry, DUDE. I am not going to get into another flame war with you.

P.S. Any news on:

I can't speak for M7, all I can do is see if Peter might add some type of advisory to certain products that may have fitment/install issues.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Rally, it is pretty crazy. We did mine with a plasma cutter, and once you start, that's it.
How long ago did you install your?

If you don't mind my asking - have you noticed any difference(s) in performance?

Old 09-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Grammar aside, I think he is questioning the motivation in marketing of products of questionable usefulness by a company with a mounting numbers of dissatisfied customers. Nobody denies any company's right to make a profit. But when that is the only motivation... I think you can fill in the rest...
How could he be questioning the usefulness of a product that hasn't even been released yet? How is he able to read the minds of others and tell what their motivation is?

Now let's think logically.....if someone's motivation is solely based on making a profit, a smart idea would be to produce products that offer large profit margins. A piece such as this that will probably come out being made in fiberglass has a massive set-up cost, a large amount of time (time=money) and money that goes into R&D/sculpting of the original copy, and a high initial price for creating the mold.....now tie all this into the fact that it's a part for MINI's only, a part for MCS's only, a part for DFIC-owners only,and part for people with enough guts/insanity to cut a hole in their fairly new cars......this narrows it done to a very low customer base. The number of possible customers is TINY. The low customer base will not offer much room for a large profit margin. With fiberglass pieces, companies rely on a large number of sales to overcome the initial start-up cost of the project because after the start-up cost, the cost is minimal. However...when looking at a part that will sell very few because of a limited customer base in an already limited car community.....this would be one of the worst ventures to get high profits.

If you take the simple logic of economics and apply it to this part, you could not possibly think this is some buisness venture to make profit. Maybe the part is useless in the end....but they are clearly motivated by something besides the very small (if any) profit that they would make on this limited part.

I'm all for questioning vendors.....but atleast use some intelligence and tact when you do so. Making a bunch of arguments that have very little standing in logical arguments only make your cause seem to be a personal distaste for a company rather than a disagreement with their buisness practice.

Last edited by Rally@StanceDesign; 09-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:48 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
If I had a spare hood, I would gladly install this extractor on my Mini...it has very sound aero principles, period!

Moz needs more tofu and a little anger management therapy...my 2 cents...

Last edited by MSFITOY; 09-03-2007 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Hood Air Extractor Scoop