Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Hood Air Extractor Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:33 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
What subject do you teach?
Common sense and customer relations.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:35 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by onasled
Thank you. You are a Mini God to me. Keep up with all your informitive input. Your data testing was invaluble to my building my racecar.
To all here, ... please do yourself a favor and read all of junkie's past post. It's a whealth of information that one can't do without. Kudos to you Junky, you da man.

Oh .... and Sid, Matt, and others, ... quit being such loosers.
Wow sarcasm... must be a really bad time of the month for you...

Old 09-04-2007, 09:50 AM
newbs49
Banned
Wow
Words of wisdom from goaljnky and mazzarella!!!!!!

Sid and Greg you better watch out!!!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Oh....ok. But your arguments in this thread concerning profit seem to be lacking in common sense and logic as we've already discussed.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:08 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pberry51mini
This response, by far, makes the most sense.
Business is ALL about profit. No one goes into business to lose money.

I've been waiting for this addition to the DFIC mod for quite some time and am more than ready to cut whatever hole is necessary.

My Mini is my basic transportation, but it is also my means of having some fun with my car as a hobby. There are way more expensive hobbies out there (I've been in some) and I'm always interested in what others do with their Minis as well.

I say: Keep up the thinking, the questioning, the ideas. But keep the mean spirited gouging to yourself.

People like MSFITOY, PARTSMAN, RYEPHILE, BAHAMABART, dR. pHIL, RANDY, PETER, JAN, etc. make this an enjoyable, and quite challenging hobby.

Paul
This kinda reminds me of a couple years ago when everyone was ragging on the baseball owners that they were making to much money, . What the heck where they supposed to do, lose money! Owners are supposed to make MONEY! They are the ones sticking their necks out, with everything to lose, not us, but alittle money on a mod or two. Also our hobbie is fairly inexpensive when compared to what these guy's with these old classics are spending on their cars. $20-50k easy on these cars is normal. So us spending what we do on our cars is a bargin and fun.

Last edited by JIMINNI; 09-04-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:49 AM
onasled
Banned
Originally Posted by goaljnky

Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
trackertracker
2nd Gear
Stop stealing this HOOD AIR EXTRACTOR SCOOP thread

( p.s.---I plan to give an extra donation to M7 beyond the retail price
to make sure they make enough profit )

Old 09-04-2007, 11:32 AM
JS
3rd Gear
History

After reading 153 post regarding the DFIC Exit Scoop, I think it's time to write a little history about this product.
When I first proposed the Exit Scoop to Peter, he was excited and apprehensive. Excited because he knew that this would help those who would want to extract a little bit more performance from/thru the DFIC. Apprehensive because he knew the market is small and he wouldn't be able to recoup the cost of fabrication. No profit was even considered. A lost was even anticipated. But he agreed that, for those few people who want to mod their cars, with an extractor scoop, to go ahead with the project. I started sculpting the scoop, on a hoop Peter ordered and paid for, last fall. I went through 4 different designs, looking for, what I think, is the most efficient design, based on many issues. The prototype Randy has on his car, is version #2. It would have been to costly to produce even in the small numbers we are looking at, hence version #3 and now version #4.
Designing the scoop, I considered underhood heat dissipation along with the primary purpose; making a low pressure area behind the DFIC, to pull air through and out, over the hood. Peter was very concerned with water management and asked me to incorporate that into the design. There will be an underhood defuser, somewhat like the one in the photos, that will help to channel water away from the sparkplugs while the car is standing idle. When moving the defuser will help to force water out with the air that is being extracted. ALL Cooper S ingest water through the Intercooler Scoop, be it a stock scoop or the DFIC scoop.
As to placement in/on the hood. I gave Randy/Peter a template where to cut the opening. They found it easy to follow. There will be a template supplied with each Exit Scoop to make it just as easy, for everyone else, to cut the hood in the correct location.
I hope this answers some of the questions some have had pertaining to the Exit Scoop.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Thank you. You are a Mini God to me. Keep up with all your informitive input. Your data testing was invaluble to my building my racecar.
To all here, ... please do yourself a favor and read all of junkie's past post. It's a whealth of information that one can't do without. Kudos to you Junky, you da man.

Oh .... and Sid, Matt, and others, ... quit being such loosers.
Wow it's getting hot in here...is this what they call "friendly fire"? Stop jokn with me Greg...

Last edited by MSFITOY; 09-04-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
trackertracker
2nd Gear
Thanks JS for the history info

Old 09-04-2007, 11:56 AM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job JS

Old 09-04-2007, 12:09 PM
JS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JustJAY
Nice job JS
Thanks, Jay and Tracker.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by JS
Thanks, Jay and Tracker.
Great work Joel...long time no see...I still have the scoop to get back to you...lunch?

Old 09-04-2007, 12:12 PM
camelpilot
Banned
goaljnky, i would just let the m7 circus screw up their cars. just walk away. Or you can do what I do and laugh at them.

One thing we CAN do, is warn any new MINI modders to steer clear of M7 Peter's scam business.

As for the M7 fangirls.... all they will ever be good at is talking. Most of them dont even know how to drive their POS hacksaw cut cars.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:22 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by camelpilot
goaljnky, i would just let the m7 circus screw up their cars. just walk away. Or you can do what I do and laugh at them.

One thing we CAN do, is warn any new MINI modders to steer clear of M7 Peter's scam business.

As for the M7 fangirls.... all they will ever be good at is talking. Most of them dont even know how to drive their POS hacksaw cut cars.
Thats the thing, you guy's wont walk away, please do .

Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
onasled
Banned

Well ........ that sounds like a legit threat that both NAM moderators and M7 should make note off. At least you put it out there so not to waste anyone's time on figuring out (as if anyone really had to) just what your true intensions are here on NAM.

Added this, .... and oh yea, by the way, please do take note of OUR "POS hacksaw cut cars" ! Mine is here, and Sids is EVERYWHERE!

Last edited by onasled; 09-04-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM
JS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
Great work Joel...long time no see...I still have the scoop to get back to you...lunch?
You're PM is full. But, yeah, lunch anytime. After all, all we do is sit and talk mods so why not sit, talk mods and eat too.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder

For his continued lack of respect for other members of the site, camelpilot has been issued a second strike. Given this his access to the site has been removed.

goaljnky has also been issued a strike for his continued lack of respect for other members both in this thread and others. The strike also includes his continued efforts to disrupt discussions by driving them off-topic.

Mozzarella has requested that I remove his account. I have complied with his request.

I know that we don't always share the same beliefs when it comes to what we wish to do with our cars. If you can't agree to disagree (with manners) with others on the site then move on. Each person can make their own decisions on what they choose to spend their money on.

Mark

Old 09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Well ........ that sounds like a legit threat that both NAM moderators and M7 should make note off. At least you put it out there so not to waste anyone's time on figuring out (as if anyone really had to) just what your true intensions are here on NAM.
Right.
Added this, .... and oh yea, by the way, please do take note of OUR "POS hacksaw cut cars" ! Mine is here, and Sids is EVERYWHERE!
Hey, I used a plasma cutter on mine, not a hacksaw.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
JS
3rd Gear
Added this, .... and oh yea, by the way, please do take note of OUR "POS hacksaw cut cars" ! Mine is here, and Sids is EVERYWHERE! [/quote]

Onasled, nice to see someone with a sharpe hacksaw rather then a sharpe tongue. Your car looks great. Maybe mod'ed to much for some but then I sure you're not worried, as they are, over the resale value and you're getting a great deal of pleasure from your car.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
PGT
Banned
thanks Mark.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mark
For his continued lack of respect for other members of the site, camelpilot has been issued a second strike. Given this his access to the site has been removed.

goaljnky has also been issued a strike for his continued lack of respect for other members both in this thread and others. The strike also includes his continued efforts to disrupt discussions by driving them off-topic.

Mozzarella has requested that I remove his account. I have complied with his request.

I know that we don't always share the same beliefs when it comes to what we wish to do with our cars. If you can't agree to disagree (with manners) with others on the site then move on. Each person can make their own decisions on what they choose to spend their money on.

Mark
Bravo. I'm sure you are being further vilified on the MININuts site as I type.

Maybe now the thread can get back and stay relatively OT.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:00 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by PGT
thanks Mark.
+1

Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
thanks Mark.
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
+1
+1

Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by PARTSMAN
Right.

Hey, I used a plasma cutter on mine, not a hacksaw.
oooo...I want a plasma cutter someday...I made do with an air nibbler...which has ZERO directional control...

Sorry about the inbox Joel...it's fixed now...

BTW...has anyone noticed this place smells fresher already...who left?

Last edited by MSFITOY; 09-04-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Hood Air Extractor Scoop