Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 05:16 AM
wjgianne
|
1st Gear
Need Help!

Got a new Euro Plate, but I live in CT and I am required to have 2 plates. What do I do??? I've seen some put the plate on the lower grill in the front and some who have bolted it to rear bumper. Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

Old 09-14-2007 | 06:59 AM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
You could always try this product http://gominigo.com/18545.html for the state plate

Old 09-14-2007 | 07:33 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
You're supposed to have 2 plates in Ohio as well, but since my europlate matches my Ohio custom plate I just run it in place of my Ohio one.

It's not legal I suppose, but nobody's ever bothered me (more than a year now). I know some people keep the plate in the cabin and put it in the frolnt window on the dash if they see a cop,, so you could try that for a while and see if anyone hassles you... Not sure how big a stickler CT is for this sort of thing, sorry...

Old 09-17-2007 | 07:48 AM
wjgianne
|
1st Gear
Thanks for the info. I like that link Scott. If I went with that I would definitely have to put my plate on the front bumper.

Old 09-20-2007 | 05:30 AM
edubledie
4th Gear
well do you have just the euro plate or the plate and the plate holder ...if so i would suggest run your back plate legal and the front euro ....keep the plate in the dash ....if you do the no bolts plate holder in the grille and the euro plate above its going to look wayyyyyyy too cluttered ....my state VA * requires both plates as well and trust me VA is a stickler about everything but ive only in the 10 plus years ive driven been pulled over 1 time for no front plate and even then the cop said put it back on take a pic and the judge always throws it out so sure i missed a few monring hours of work in court but no fine ...and i still run no plate

Old 09-20-2007 | 04:59 PM
Some Guy
6th Gear
I am in Westport CT, most of the Lexus's, BMW's and Porshce SUV's dont have front plates and i have never heard of anyone being bothered by the police about it. In other words, in the area where i live noone seems to give toss.