Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior PIAA lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003 | 07:15 PM
GARFIELD
|
2nd Gear
Randy, this is to you buddy, thanks for finally getting my PIAA lights to me. It took a while, but I know you were having problems getting the proper brackets. I am glad you waited, as these brackets work really well. My lights are absolutly beautiful & installed perfect. The duel lights really changed the whole look of my car, really proud. Maybe one day I will post pics. I love the grid work of the PIAA lights, I guess to protect from stone. The quality is a work of perfection. No cheap lights here, well worth the high cost. I had them installed to come on when I flip a switch, anytime I want them on, to the left of the cup holders on the silver post.
PIAA LIGHTS; tinted windows; Play MINI Exhaust; BMC air filter; All Chili Red MINI is now even more pleasing to the eye & more fun to drive. Now what next?
Terry

Old 06-20-2003 | 04:23 AM
Kohu'ulaMINI
5th Gear
What do you mean "will post pics one day'"?

Old 06-20-2003 | 04:25 AM
reddogmini
1st Gear
Terry,by any chance do you know if these are stiffer brackets than the original?Some MINI owners have had vibration from the PIAAs.Thanks
Juan

Old 06-20-2003 | 11:35 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Stiffer brackets would help, but not solve the problem of vibration. The grill where the brackets are mounted needs some kind of bracing, too. It's just not solid enough as is.

Old 06-20-2003 | 04:38 PM
GARFIELD
|
2nd Gear
Juan
Maybe there is some vibration, I don't know, I haven't been outside looking at my car while its running at night. From the inside I don't believe its a problem. However, I just don't see how the lights could have been installed with anymore stability. They are very stiff, I was really surprised. Guy did a great job. $35.00.
Check with Randy & see if these brackets will help you, one thing for sure he will shoot straight with you.
No digital camera, no no how. Promise to buy & get educated with soon. Meanwhile got a lot of motoring to do with MINI & Mini.
Terry

Old 06-25-2003 | 02:39 PM
CoopingInDC
3rd Gear
Hey all,

I did the same thing (see below), but used the Hella's. They do vibrate like hell, but they're on an original MG badge bar. I'm in the process of reinforcing it. My mini driving lights vibrate VERY little, but they're mounted pretty tough. Anyway, enjoy 'em, they make a hell of a difference!

cheers,
Danny

Old 06-28-2003 | 11:42 AM
perl
Neutral
>>Juan
>>Maybe there is some vibration, I don't know, I haven't been outside looking at my car while its running at night. From the inside I don't believe its a problem. However, I just don't see how the lights could have been installed with anymore stability. They are very stiff, I was really surprised. Guy did a great job. $35.00.
>>Check with Randy & see if these brackets will help you, one thing for sure he will shoot straight with you.
>>No digital camera, no no how. Promise to buy & get educated with soon. Meanwhile got a lot of motoring to do with MINI & Mini.
>>Terry

Ok, so how does one contact Randy?

perl

Old 06-30-2003 | 12:24 PM
bobP
Neutral
I have just purchased a Mini and do alot of driving on back country roads. I did not get the Xenon lights and am constantly whishing for more light. Is there a high output replacement bulb for the standard H-7 55w high beam bulb that I could use till I decide about add on lights?
Thanks for any advice.

Old 07-01-2003 | 04:55 AM
darwinLLM
Neutral
Garfield: How much did you pay for the PIAA lights. I am thinking of getting mine and it cocts me $299 here.