Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Trying to decide on roof flag

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003 | 04:58 PM
OpusMini
|
4th Gear
I've basically narrowed my choice down to something Scottish.

I either want the Rampant Lion - the Royal flag of Scotland. Or the conventional white cross on light blue - St. Andrew's Cross. My MCS will be Indi Blue/White and I plan on going chrome on the grill and mirror caps.

- Image from Cooper Flags

I wonder if the yellow will work with the dark blue. If I go with the Lion, are yellow bonnet stripes with red pinstripes too much?

Thanks. Trying to get this figured out...

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:24 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
IMHO, the Cross of St. Andrew might look better. While I love the rampant lion, I just think the cross would look more elegant, somehow. Then you could do white stripes with the same blue as in the flag field as an edge. Or blue with white edges.

just my

Old 06-26-2003 | 06:26 AM
minimotorin
6th Gear
I like the lion but the colors are probably too off. Talk to Matt at Cooper Flags and get him to change the colors to go with your car.

I've got the Silver and Black Union Jack for my Dark silver MCS, looks great!

Old 06-26-2003 | 08:01 AM
OpusMini
|
4th Gear
Thanks. I think you both made great points. I have a tough time picturing the blue and yellow co-existing well. And I like the idea of the bonnet stripe idea. I'm leaning towards your second thought with the lighter blue highlighted with white.

I have about 2 months to get this figured out. I can't tinker with my order any longer so I'm stuck with the roof and bonnet stripes.

The Lion will have to be represented in a smaller scale. Possibly a boot badge or something.

If you want to see something really wild.. check out the Welsh flag available in the UK... Mini UK -- look under accessories.. then Draig Cymru.

They also have a Cross of St. Andrew and St. George's represented as well.

Old 06-26-2003 | 09:46 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
I think on the IB/W car, the St Andrew's Cross would look brilliant. Of course, I'm named Andrew and have 1 scottish parent, so I may be biased.

Old 08-07-2003 | 09:51 AM
valnmike
2nd Gear
I have this idea for using the Maryland State flag as a roof graphic on our CR/B MC.

To see how it might look I took our cloth flag and arranged in on the roof and took this photo. I think it works. But then, to each his/her own.

Old 08-07-2003 | 09:52 AM
valnmike
2nd Gear
>>I have this idea for using the Maryland State flag as a roof graphic on our CR/B MC.
>>
>>To see how it might look I took our cloth flag and arranged in on the roof and took this photo. I think it works. But then, to each his/her own.
>>

let's try that one fomr time. The link is suppose to go to http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/picture17558.html

Old 08-07-2003 | 11:46 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
It looks interesting, but that flag is kinda "busy" for my tastes.

It would be unique (for a while at least) and has the added advantage of not containing the MINI logo or name.

Old 08-07-2003 | 11:53 AM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Well nobody ought to ever have a checkerboard b/w top on a black mini with b/w checkered bonnet stripes, it would liik awfull.

No this has nothing to do with my wanting no others to look like mine, um, I mean that, um....

I agree the cross would look more elegant, but the lion would be far less common. Too bad the color clash would be so big.

I get an image of a yellow mini where the flag was used to theme the whole car, stripes with fleurs and all.

Old 08-07-2003 | 05:22 PM
pkrehbiel
Neutral
I just ordered this one from Cooperflags for my EB/W MCS.
[img]null[/img][img]C:Documents and SettingspkrehbielMy DocumentsWhite Lion Mounted.jpg[/img]

Old 08-07-2003 | 05:24 PM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Those images not working bud

Old 08-07-2003 | 07:17 PM
OpusMini
|
4th Gear
>>I agree the cross would look more elegant, but the lion would be far less common. Too bad the color clash would be so big.
>>
>>I get an image of a yellow mini where the flag was used to theme the whole car, stripes with fleurs and all.

Do you think the color clash with the rampant lion would be less severe if it was only over the sunroof essentially bordered with the white roof?

I think I want to go sunroof only at first anyway.

Old 08-08-2003 | 09:11 AM
Mini-Matt
4th Gear
We can do all of these and make color changes to anything. There is another cool idea give to us by a customer yesterday which i will try and post soon. We have several new desings coming out within the next few weeks and posted some new bonnet stripes on the site yesterday.

Matt@cooperflags.com