Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior NEW MINI armrest prototype PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007 | 11:48 AM
spingq
|
4th Gear
I am moving to Houston in the beginning of January. I will produce the next prototype there. It will be the last version before I start to offer the final product. I will try and include all that has been mentioned here, in order to get a final approval by all that are interested. After that, I will take orders and begin production by the end of January. Does this sound alright?

Old 12-30-2007 | 06:13 PM
markldriskill
5th Gear
SUPER...

...looks.

Sorry I did not see this earlier. Here is my $.02...

Re, "storage": I do NOT care about ANY additional storage, but even if I deleted the rear seats, I would still use the rear cup holder. I would miss it a lot if your rest did not "replace" it. When fetching meals for the fam, I usually stow a takeout cup there, and one in the front also, since takeout cupholders are a joke. Also on long trips, I like to put a drink for me and another for my companion in the holders, and I don't count the center console holders as worth anything other than "change buckets"!!

How sturdy is it? I can't tell from the pics how it is installed, or to what it is actually attached?

Also, I assume it is not in the way of shifting? Again, I couldn't tell from the pics.

If it performs as good as it looks, and you replace or retain the rear cup holder, I'm in!!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to develop this bit!! best of luck on your move. I will wait for further info as long as end of January.