Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Underground Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM
rawk
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Battle
I'm no kid! I turn 16 next week!
...and a very sweet 16 you be, hun!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr Battle
I'm no kid! I turn 16 next week!
Jailbait.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rawk
We miss you mang. Come back home to M|U.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:22 PM
rawk
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
We miss you mang. Come back home to M|U.
...for cookies?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rawk
...for cookies?
If that's what it takes.

BTW, you got the wrong tag in that sig pic .

Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 AM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly
Uhm...yeah. I'm a 40 year old kid that only likes lowered MINIs. I have 2 now, but have not been back on this site for technical info in years (a member of NAM for over 6 years now, but have not been active in almost a year). This site used to be great back in the day, but now there is too much crap talk in a good thread, so too hard to weed through the BS to find what you actually want.

I don't bash NAM for it, except for the comment above, I just don't visit anymore unless I hear about stuff like this.

If you feel not getting a sticker is a kick in the face...that is just really immature. I was on the site for well over a year, asked for stickers about that time, and it still took a long time to get them. Yes, it is nice to be a part of it all....but too many people toss that sticker on and are just posing as a member of the "community". Most people just want to appear to be part of the community...and they are sticker crazy.

Good things come to those that wait, those that are willing to contribute, and NOT get upset over a stinking little piece of vinyl. If you are going to be upset and bash a site because you have not gotten stickers, they you probably don't belong in that community...since you are so upset. A sticker should not matter, the members and friendships should. IMHO.

Just FYI, I myself have requested a new set of stickers, even mailed out a stamped envelope to the designated PO box, and have yet to receive my new stickers for my new Clubman, MINI #2. That was like 3 months ago. Did I hold it against them? Hell no. Why would I? A simple piece of vinyl is not worth it...but the friendships I have over there, I would do anything for those guys, they are true friends!!! That is what the underground means to me, friendships!!!!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Well said Jon!

It took me a good year to get my vinyls too, and the latest set I have on the car I paid Lyle for. M|U is waaaaay more than a forum - it's truly a community and family. I've met many of the members and they have been way more than just "helpful" to me (esp. Jon - My Mini would probs be dead without your help!). We're awfully proud of our little community, but always happy to meet new people.

As for our tastes, we appreciate a Mini that's had a lot of work and love put into it. There are TONS of cars posted that we don't particularly "like," per se, but we appreciate the work and craft done to it.

It's hard to write calm, friendly messages about your home when its integrity is being questioned...

Oh, and this is also my first NAM post in nearly a year...

Old 08-08-2009, 02:19 PM
willsblackmini08
5th Gear
I like the motoring undergroun group. It's differet than NAM. Not to say better just a different type of forum. I have posted there a bit. I still haven't put any shots of my car up yet not because I'm afraid it will be ripped apart it's just not where I want it yet. I haven't really post many pics here on NAM for the same reason. When I hav it where I feel it is ready for the world I'm gonna post pictures like crazy.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 AM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
When someone is afraid to post their car for fear of rejection etc......."all" both sites have taken it to far. What we all have in common and appreciate: freedom, choices, vision, creativity, PASSION.....for our Mini. What makes the Mini a Mini is our ability to give it unique personality. I can't think of any other car on the road, where you could line up 10, of the same year and model, and probably no 2 would look alike. How lucky are we!! What's even more remarkable and fun is the differences in ownership for Minis. I'm 51, and I get stopped by teenagers to seniors.......probably what I look like from the outside to inside too!!
My point being, whatever path is taken in modding your car or not, whatever site offers the "choice" that you want and selected on your own, is right!!
Actually I don't see the debate here.....acceptance of differences, respect of choices & individuals, and passion for Minis.......we're all good!!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:11 AM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly
Originally Posted by willsblackmini08
n't put any shots of my car up yet not because I'm afraid it will be ripped apart.
In the years I have been active on the Underground, I can't say I ever recall someone getting "ripped apart". Nothing that extreme happens there. Most, nearly all, are ENTHUSIASTS. They support all kinds of style. Some members don't have MINIs and the community supports that, Ford Focus's, SUVs, old e30s, etc. There are some criticisms, like...lower the car, but that is mainly a running joke, that the bears will attack the wheel gap, etc....take off the stripes, or black out the beltline...just aesthetic comments, etc. That in no way should constitute anyone thinking they are going to get "ripped apart". I don't feel I, or anyone else in that community can be found guilty of being that harsh...unless someone just joins the community and really ruffles the feathers. We will stand up for our own, as would any community or group of close friends.

We truly welcome anyone, but get turned off by arrogance and flippant attitudes as they settle in and get comfortable. It might take a while for us to worm up to some...but that is because so many have come and gone, posted 50 times, demand a "sticker", then they leave. It's like a bad first date where the community puts out, then never hears from them again. They just want their "red badge of courage", slap it on their car, and pose like they are a true member of the community. In my opinion, that is just not right. But that is MY opinion, not the opinion of the community.

I encourage everyone to visit, make an introduction thread, post up a car thread in the garage forum...and judge for yourself...not from a "few" comments you read...don't be a lemming...make up your own mind, go in with a positive attitude, ignore what others might say, and see where it lands you. As with any community, some fit, some don't. I don't fit in most MINI communities, but feel very comfortable with the underground.