Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Cockpit Chrono Pack - Lyle strikes again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008 | 01:14 PM
BlimeyCabrio
|
6th Gear
As long as it's not "Gouged Face Man of the Year"...

Thanks, guys... Really means a lot coming from you (fellow) freakazoid perfectionists...

Old 03-02-2008 | 01:23 PM
Deviant
5th Gear
This is great! I was just contempleting removing the chrono and painting that area black myself. Does he have any way of changing the font on the gauges to better match the Out motoring style?

Old 03-02-2008 | 01:28 PM
BlimeyCabrio
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Deviant
This is great! I was just contemplating removing the chrono and painting that area black myself. Does he have any way of changing the font on the gauges to better match the Out motoring style?
You'd have to ask Lyle - but since he cuts out the text on his faces around the OEM font, and since the light only comes through the OEM font on the original face underneath, this probably isn't gonna be perfect...

Personally, the fonts are close enough for me that I don't fixate on it - but if you really want them to match, stay tuned for a bit... May have another alternative soon... that's in the works...

I thought about paint, Sharpie (no lie - see the black tab on the bottom of the face?), everything... then I thought about vinyl when I saw Lyle's other face work... and it's reversible... and the texture is awesome.

Old 03-02-2008 | 03:05 PM
BlimeyCabrio
|
6th Gear
OK, just got an email from Lyle. Which one of you losers is ALREADY copying my new shiny mod? Come on, fess up.

I wouldn'ta posted if I didn't want others to share the joy...

But still, fess up... who couldn't even wait til tomorrow?

Old 03-02-2008 | 03:09 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Too funny !!

Old 03-02-2008 | 03:25 PM
Deviant
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
OK, just got an email from Lyle. Which one of you losers is ALREADY copying my new shiny mod? Come on, fess up.

It was totally me, I was thinking of actually removing my gauge and painting that area black by hand so your post was ideally timed. I think I'll need (or at least it would be a good idea to have) the fuel gauge on a longer trek to Atlanta for the Way Motorworks open house this weekend so I'll probably send it off to him Monday or Tuesday of next week sometime.

What can I say, you have good taste. You really need the Minspeed leather MFSW inserts too though, really make the interior look great.

Old 03-02-2008 | 03:37 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
It would have been me if I didn't already have a bunch of other projects to get done before the big car show in the mountains in 60 days!

Last edited by MINIBee; 03-02-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2008 | 03:40 PM
BlimeyCabrio
|
6th Gear
It was totally me
Caught ya!
No sweat - I'm glad the timing worked for you!

You really need the Minspeed leather MFSW inserts too though, really make the interior look great.
DAMMMMMIT. You and Moocher have my number...

I hadn't seen those... I'm pretty sure I'll end up with those and a MinSpeed wheel cover in the near future... just looks too good. Thanks for spending my money for me. I appreciate it.

Old 03-03-2008 | 04:15 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
Paul,
you going to MOTD this year? I'd love to see those in person . . . or should I wait to see the results of this other product you keep hinting at?

Old 03-03-2008 | 04:20 AM
BlimeyCabrio
|
6th Gear
Yep, I'll be at MOTD... I'll have this installed, unless option 2 becomes reality by then, and if I like it better.... I like this approach so much, I may stick with it... hard to say until I see the other option...

I'm also in Charlotte pretty regularly... maybe we can rendezvous...

Old 03-03-2008 | 04:22 AM
Deviant
5th Gear
DAMMMMMIT. You and Moocher have my number...

I hadn't seen those... I'm pretty sure I'll end up with those and a MinSpeed wheel cover in the near future... just looks too good. Thanks for spending my money for me. I appreciate it.
Have to one up me :D
I've got some more tricks up my sleeve for the interior and am trying to figure out how I might be able to do my own steering wheel cover. 03Indigo's interior has given me a lot of ideas, I'm just struggling for the right combination of time, skill, and money to materialize.

Old 03-03-2008 | 04:33 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
I'm also in Charlotte pretty regularly... maybe we can rendezvous...
Anytime . . .
and I'll probably be at Grassroots for the second Sat. in a row, if you happen to drop by.
(did the one-ball 2 days ago. . . and now I'm driving at WOT all the time)

Old 03-03-2008 | 04:43 AM
BlimeyCabrio
|
6th Gear
Have to one up me :D
I've got some more tricks up my sleeve for the interior and am trying to figure out how I might be able to do my own steering wheel cover. 03Indigo's interior has given me a lot of ideas, I'm just struggling for the right combination of time, skill, and money to materialize.
No kidding. Jon's car makes my mouth water - and he claims to have a bunch of new stuff that didn't make the photos for NAM Alliance Mag. Nicest interior in any MINI, IMHO. I, too, wish I had the time, skill and money to make my MINI dreams come true.

Originally Posted by eager2own
Anytime . . .
and I'll probably be at Grassroots for the second Sat. in a row, if you happen to drop by.
(did the one-ball 2 days ago. . . and now I'm driving at WOT all the time)
Yeah, that sound is addictive, eh? I'm in the middle of a one-ball extreme makeover right now... I'll post on that when it's done... I'll be polishing out my car this weekend in prep for a car show on 3/15... and playing Mr. Mom while real Mom is on a cruise... so no fun day trips to Grassroots for me...

I'll drop you a line before my next Charlotte trip - probably next week or the week after - and see if we can hook up.

Old 03-03-2008 | 05:02 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
I'm in the middle of a one-ball extreme makeover right now... I'll post on that when it's done...
Look forward to seeing it -- I'll probably pick up some flat blat grill paint this weekend and try to "mask" the muffler.

everyone, sorry about the hijack. . . we can talk interior mods again.

Old 03-03-2008 | 07:30 AM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly

Last edited by 03Indigo; 04-27-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2008 | 07:34 AM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly

Last edited by 03Indigo; 04-27-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-03-2008 | 09:09 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
^ Wow. . . very nice.

Old 03-03-2008 | 10:53 AM
BlimeyCabrio
|
6th Gear
DUDE!!!

I want to have sex with - er, I mean on your dash...
But I won't fit.

Holy carp, the whole interior is friggin awesome. U Rok.

Last edited by BlimeyCabrio; 03-03-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-03-2008 | 04:35 PM
03Indigo
User Title's are Silly
Thanks Paul. Not bad for a little DIY project this past winter. Still have the passenger door to do and the passenger rear side panel. I am also debating between 2 dashes. One is leather and blue alcantara, the other is the one seen, black and blue alcantara.

Anyway, I like the wrap on your chrono, looks sharp. And as MiniDaMoocher as said...get a MinSpeed wheel wrap, .

Old 03-03-2008 | 08:31 PM
Fracky
Transwarp - Warp 10.0
Originally Posted by 03Indigo
Thanks Paul. Not bad for a little DIY project this past winter. Still have the passenger door to do and the passenger rear side panel. I am also debating between 2 dashes. One is leather and blue alcantara, the other is the one seen, black and blue alcantara.

Anyway, I like the wrap on your chrono, looks sharp. And as MiniDaMoocher as said...get a MinSpeed wheel wrap, .
That is the nicest interior I've seen in a Mini. Great, great job man!! I'm with Paul, I want to rub the alcantara & CF. What Lyle did with the cockpit chrono pack is way cool. I've always thought that the chrono package was an eyesore in the dash, but with the overlay it really pulls things together & looks sharp. On a sorta related note, I'm sending my R53 guage faces (speed & tach - NAV car) to Lyle so he can overlay in CF. Lyle did some awesome custom CF/Fracky Mini wings for me.

Last edited by Fracky; 03-04-2008 at 06:29 AM.