Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Dealer Badge

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003 | 02:32 PM
noleski04
2nd Gear
I really don't mind a badge on my car. It is pretty small and unobtrusive. Personally I don't like that dealer's badge.

Old 07-29-2003 | 02:36 PM
MiniMac
4th Gear
NO!

Besides, depending upon the color....after 6 months to a year, the paint will fade.
If you decide to remove it later, you might still see the effects from that sticker.

Avoid it!

Old 07-29-2003 | 03:03 PM
jerrygee
4th Gear
I think the badges are more of an East Coast and Mid-West thing as about all you will ever see on the West Coast are license plate frames. If the badge can easily be removed I personally won’t make a big deal about it. As for license plate frames, they fill in the spot until your state issued plates arrive and can be removed at that time. It wasn’t too long ago that dealers would mount their metal dealership logos on the deck lid (boot for our good friends that speak the Kings English) and DRILL a couple of holes to mount it! OUCH! I chuck the license plate frames as soon as I get my license plates, I would remove the dealer logo as soon as I got home from taking delivery of my new car.

Old 07-29-2003 | 03:49 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
F15EWeapon,
For comparison, here's the badge that I mentioned earlier:

In my opinion, a much classier look (metal), and only $10 with shipping. The link to the vendor is in this thread.

Old 07-29-2003 | 05:26 PM
Chitown_COOP
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
Badges and license plate frames from dealers are junk, and I don't want junk on my MINI. Mostly because it looks junky.

Old 07-29-2003 | 06:40 PM
notpaddyhopkirk
2nd Gear
I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, everv, everever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, everv, everever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, everv, ever let a dealer put a badge on my car. Like so many others here, I took off my dealer plate (and it was a nice one too), the moment my new car hit my garage.

Jerrygee already made the point I was going to about the problem being an east coast/midwest thing. I have always wondered what these customers were thinking, letting the dealer clutter up back end of their car!

MGCMAN... you crack me up!

Old 07-29-2003 | 06:52 PM
hafid
6th Gear
Never! Take a look at the pic in the sig! I even debaged the "Cooper S" !

haf :smile:

Old 07-29-2003 | 07:23 PM
X2Board
5th Gear
No badge, on any of my vehicles, ever.

X2

Old 07-29-2003 | 07:33 PM
sirron
5th Gear
The only badges I've ever seen on cars are from the wacko, pushy dealers on the east coast.
Keep your advertising on your own cars, or pay the new owner $100.00 a month.

Old 07-29-2003 | 07:40 PM
Hank
4th Gear
Oh, absolutely, all my comments had to with aesthetics. The car was not designed to visually carry your dealers signature.

Old 07-30-2003 | 05:06 AM
jacobsen1
2nd Gear
>>Do you where a MINI t-shirt? How 'bout Aberchrombie and Fitch? Do you have shoes with a swish (Nike)? A wrist watch? A ball cap? I thought so. Your life is one big bill-board. So why try to raise some hell with the local dealer? Its not like you're gonna throw out the baby with the bath water. If advertising so offends you, chuck it all and move to the wilderness, where you can make your own clothing, kill your own food and renounce your modern ways. Dealer badges are only there to show some pride that the dealer has in offering the MINI to the public. Who knows it may be viewed on your car by a traveler who needs to find a MINI service center, you could be doing a public and private service by having one on your vehicle. Cut the hypocracy people, or move to the Alaskan forests.

Even if I did where any of that, do I wear my shoes with the swoosh with a sticker that says foot locker on it???

My car still say MINI on it, like your shoes have a swoosh, but it does not, nor will it, or any of my vehicles show where they were purchased.... This has to be the dumbest comeback to the badge thing I have ever heard....

Our MINI does have Peabody MINI plate holders right now because it says "lets motor" on the bottom.... They will be gone once I order some better ones, but bare plates look bad and their isn't horrible... Plus these guys are a great dealer...

But down with stickers....

Ben

Old 07-30-2003 | 05:34 AM
SugarBelly
3rd Gear
>>So I'm torn... should I let the dealer put their badge on my car? -f15ewEAPON
YES! Why, SURE! Why not, it's fun?! OH,- Try & get some extra ones put on the sides & front! Pay extra if you have to!! :smile:]

Abercrumby-&-fbitch is great to see on h.s. students, - pure proof our educational system supports no free-will or thinking except in its' propensity to repel.

Advertising for free is quite far below walking the streets as a *****.
The ****** know enough to get paid!

===>
jacobsen1,-
our dealer installed a decent quality, black plastic frame/holder too (with their dirty name painted in white on it). ==> I discovered on the 2nd day of ownership that if you take it off & flip it around, the plate actually fits well reversed. Granted, instead of a 1/2" border, the plate looks recessed into a box-type frame, but there are tiny tabs which hold your plate within the unit like it was actually designed to flip around?!

***Anyone on the other side of the fense?
An offer:
For $500 I'll send you our company logo to put on your MINI. You can put it wherever you want, but we prefer placement near the official MINI badges and/or Cooper (S) insignia. Any takers?!

Old 07-30-2003 | 05:50 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
>>What pills are you poppin' today MGCMAN?!
>>
UMM yesterday, Uhh I think that was four of the little blue ones, one of the orange ones, and six of the little green ones. I lLIKE the little green ones. All washed down with a fifth of Maker's Mark.

I luv playin' Devil's Advocate!!

Old 07-30-2003 | 06:06 AM
SugarBelly
3rd Gear
You dog! [MGCMAN, the Devil's Advocate hound dog.]

Darn-it, - I gotta stop replyin' prior to inducing my caffeine fix!

Old 08-08-2003 | 02:33 PM
sbgobig
4th Gear
My dealer sent me photos of a mini with the cordoba beige interior so I could make a decision on that and I was horrified to see a big dealer badge on the car. Do they have to have my permission to put that garbage on my car or do I need to be proactive/assertive and tell them where they can stick their badge? I am also buying the car from a dealer 1500 miles away and really see little reason to advertise for them, except that they have been absolutely fantastic!

Old 08-08-2003 | 02:42 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Gee I thought MINI dealers didn't do this???

My dealer didn't put one on and I just assumed they wouldn't.

How dare they even want to!

Old 08-08-2003 | 03:14 PM
red03miniS
Banned
no badges on mine

and no license plate frames either

just bare plate on the back

woo hoo

Old 08-08-2003 | 03:20 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
I'm with you red03miniS ! ! !

No badges (took the "cooperS" off within 3 days) look best. I told my dealer not to drill front license plate holes and not to put a dealer installed advertising badge. However, I also loved my motoring advisor and keep a small stack of her cards in my glovebox to give to someone who is interested in calling her up. I'm happy to advertise by good word or mouth, but not on the back of my MINI.

MINI Logo badges soon to be removed from my MINI's bonnet and boot.

Not sure if I will have body shop fill the holes or if I will do something fun like get some really cool stainless torx screws to highlight the non-badge? It's an idea anyway.

Old 08-09-2003 | 09:34 AM
HARMINI
5th Gear
I was shocked to see that one of the Pa dealers puts theirs logo right on the PAINT!!! It's not even a bad looking badge, but my heart skipped a beat.

Old 08-09-2003 | 09:51 AM
tsprayfhs
3rd Gear
>>I really don't mind a badge on my car. It is pretty small and unobtrusive. Personally I don't like that dealer's badge.

I do mind. But I always give the dealer a choise.

1. remore it.
2. pay me for advertising your business. I ask $ 100 per month for 60 months, paid up front.

To date I have never had a badget on any car. I guess dealers just don't think I can advertise. What do I know, I'm an old man.

Motor on.

Old 08-11-2003 | 02:58 PM
Dano03S
Neutral
Did you enter an advertising agreement with them? Why advertise for the dealership unless they are sending YOU a check every month.
Dano

Old 08-12-2003 | 12:08 PM
gtshnzr
3rd Gear
No dealer badges. No dealer plate frames. However, that laurel wreath checkered flag thingy does look kind of cool, sort of like the second generation Triumph laurel wreath style badges!