Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Leatherette has a tear in it

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 10:23 PM
leemasters
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up our MCS on July 26 at Momentum MINI in Houston. We didn't do an interior inspection of the car (we were too in awe of the exterior and had just taken a test ride of a MC on the test track with a professional race car driver). We noticed about an hour later that the leatherette had a tear in the passenger seat--called the dealership before heading back to Austin but they had already closed. Was told a week later (after three failed attempts at contacting our advisor via email and voicemail) that we'd need to bring our MCS back to Houston for the fix (what exactly will they do?). Think it is ridiculous for us to drive 6 hours for this "fix" when San Antonio is half the distance/time away If it's a billing issue, I'm sure the dealers can work it out--what do you think would be fair?

Has anyone had an issue like this with their MCs (blemish at delivery that went unnoticed)? How was it addressed? The tear in the leatherette measures about .5 cm in length--it's not much but it's not supposed to be there!

Whatever are they going to do to "fix" this? It's possible they could make it worse :???: Isn't the leatherette supposed to be sturdy?

Old 08-08-2003, 07:17 AM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My rear seat had a blemish in it and the area under the Leatherette that the foam was missing and it looked indented. I noticed it after about a month. I went to my dealer, only one in the NW and they looked at and ordered a new rear seat. Took about three weeks but it finally came in and they replace it. It was pretty quick and easy.

Dave

MINI-Rolls