Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Invisible bra installer in NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003 | 06:02 PM
Jerseygirl
|
5th Gear
Can anybody in NJ recommend a good place to get an invisible bra installed on my MCS when I get it in a few weeks? I've gone to 3M's site and gotten a list of installers but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with any really great or really bad shops, preferably within a reasonable distance of Princeton.

I'd prefer to install it myself, but some of the pieces seem like they'd be a bit too difficult to get on right for someone who's never done it before.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-20-2003 | 07:06 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
I know that there is a place in garfield, but I have not used them yet.. I plan to near the end of the summer into fall though..

Good Luck
Dan
Pilo Racing

Old 08-21-2003 | 09:59 AM
jjblount
1st Gear
I don't know about the Princeton area, but there are a few here in MN. What I wonder is it worth the dealer installing it or getting it at all. Is there a real problem with paint chipping and scratching. Thanks.

Old 08-21-2003 | 01:37 PM
Jerseygirl
|
5th Gear
>>I don't know about the Princeton area, but there are a few here in MN. What I wonder is it worth the dealer installing it or getting it at all. Is there a real problem with paint chipping and scratching. Thanks.

I can't say for sure since I don't even have mine yet, but I've been reading that MINI uses water-based paint which is apparently more prone to chipping. All I know is that my M3 has a front spoiler that sits close to the ground just like the MINI and that car has chips beyond belief. I think it sucks the debris right off the pavement. Had I even known these clear bras existing when I bought that car I would have invested in one. At this point, I've learned to live with the chips but I'm not happy about it.

Soft paint or not, with the front spoiler/bumper of that MINI sitting so low you are bound to get an abundance of paint chips. That's why I'll be getting the clear bra and avoiding the problem from the start! :smile:

Old 08-21-2003 | 01:38 PM
Jerseygirl
|
5th Gear
>>I know that there is a place in garfield, but I have not used them yet.. I plan to near the end of the summer into fall though..

Dan, thanks for the info. Garfield is a bit of a hike from here but I'll keep it in mind.

Old 08-21-2003 | 01:48 PM
RaceCarDriver
3rd Gear
Hi Jerseygirl,

I live in Jersey also (Montvale). (you posted some comments on my forum yesterday about a 2004 or 2003 MCS?) Anyway, I put deposit on one yesterday. CR/wht MCS with Aero kit (italian job look a like). I am having the dealer install the invince a shield on my new MCS. I think they charge $495 for everything. Previously I got the shield for my corvette and paid $400 just for the shield and I had to put it on myself. It really isn't that hard to do your self, you just have to be patient and really take your time (takes a couple of hours to do it right) For $495 I'd rather just have the dealer do it.

What year is your M3. I had a brand new Laguna Seca Blue 2003 that was stolen two weeks ago. That's why I decided to get the MCS.

RaceCarDriver

Old 08-21-2003 | 01:52 PM
noleski04
2nd Gear
>>Hi Jerseygirl,
>>
>>I live in Jersey also (Montvale). (you posted some comments on my forum yesterday about a 2004 or 2003 MCS?) Anyway, I put deposit on one yesterday. CR/wht MCS with Aero kit (italian job look a like). I am having the dealer install the invince a shield on my new MCS. I think they charge $495 for everything. Previously I got the shield for my corvette and paid $400 just for the shield and I had to put it on myself. It really isn't that hard to do your self, you just have to be patient and really take your time (takes a couple of hours to do it right) For $495 I'd rather just have the dealer do it.
>>
>>What year is your M3. I had a brand new Laguna Seca Blue 2003 that was stolen two weeks ago. That's why I decided to get the MCS.
>>
>>RaceCarDriver

I live near Montvale, NJ... where was your M3 stolen? (If you don't mind me asking.)

Old 08-22-2003 | 08:31 AM
Nomonstersinme
5th Gear
i dont know where you live in NJ but i had this guy do mine.. i live in queens but he is from NJ. his name is Laszlow the number is 917 687 0995. and if you do buy protection for your car like that do not get invinca sheild... there are too many pieces. get the one that is just 2 or 3 pieces.

Old 08-22-2003 | 09:19 AM
Jerseygirl
|
5th Gear
>>i dont know where you live in NJ but i had this guy do mine.. i live in queens but he is from NJ. his name is Laszlow the number is 917 687 0995. and if you do buy protection for your car like that do not get invinca sheild... there are too many pieces. get the one that is just 2 or 3 pieces.

Hey thanks for the info. By the way, I was leaning toward the Xpel kit and now you've convinced me.

Old 08-22-2003 | 05:40 PM
DUCTTAPE
3rd Gear
I'll look next week when I'm back in the office. I had a guy who came to my garage and installed it. Did a fine job. I don't care how many pieces it was, because the front looks fine and just about everything is covered.

PM me if I forget to post his name. NP

d

Old 08-24-2003 | 01:53 PM
froggert
1st Gear
the guy that tinted my windows also does clearbra installation. he's got a shop in kenilworth right off exit 138 of the gsp:

http://azpinstalls.com/leetint/

yes, that's my mini on the page. no, i don't get any sort of kickback. :smile: i just think he does great work at a very fair price.

roger