Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Two Fog Lights and Two Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003 | 09:59 PM
MJones
|
Neutral
I recently (finally with help from a competent friend) was able to install a light bar with two fog lights and two driving lights. I am presently having difficulty figuring out how to hook up the lights. I checked with the local BMW dealer. They do not have any wiring harness, relay switches, or toggle switches. I was looking at putting toggle switches between the hand brake. Anyway, it looks like I will have to reprogram the computer at some point after getting things hooked up. I have Xenon headlights and factory installed fog lights. I would like to have the driving lights connected with the high beams and of course the fog light connected to the low beams with switches. Any suggestions? Has anyone installed one of these things? This is for a new Cooper S. I figure one of you all have dealt with this. This was from Mini Sport and they came with no instructions, no relays, and no fuses. I still have the 1960 Mini racecar.

Mike

Old 08-29-2003 | 05:04 AM
CoopingInDC
3rd Gear
Because of the intake, i was told that the light bar on an S MAY not be a good idea. Search for old topics...

I installed a 4 light system onto a light bar too. The way I ran it was that I divided in 4 lights into sets of two, then with each set, i ran a ground, and a 15 amp fuse wire (can be bought at your local auto store). From there, I went through the gromet in the firewall (below steering wheel, just need to feed it through), and installed switches under the steering wheel (they can be put anywhere).

MCO message me if you have anymore questions. Good luck!

Danny S.