Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior "nylon'ed" my headlights LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:07 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why? what makes you know they are going to fail? you dont. have you done this? no. when they mess up, ill admit it and take them off, until then im not.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:23 PM
K5Cruiser
4th Gear
Not everyone is going to like this mod you did, but I'm sure you knew that when you posted. If you like it, then more power to you, and keep doing what you want to your car without worry of what other people might think.

Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
...it did decrease light output alot, becuase i have my windshield tinted...if i stick my head out the window, i can see good.
One thing I must say though, is keep safety in mind when doing your mods. Not only for your own safety, but for others driving near you.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:41 PM
markldriskill
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Outside the Box" award for the month!!

I think it looks cool. It is "super stealth" especially picturing what it will look like with the grille and everything else blacked, too.

But I agree with some of the others that there are practical problems such as being difficult to clean, and reduced light output (although I couldn't see from the photos just how bad the dimming effect was).

A flat black Joey mod may be the best compromise.

Whatever you wind up with, I congratulate you for thinking WAY outside the box.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
great job on doing somthing that hasnt been done before! thats always cool to see people doing new things.. not my thing but if you like it. more power to it!

your car reminds me of shredders "minions" in ninja turtles! kowabunga dude!

cant wait to see the uber lights!

-Malcon

Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 AM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
Good job pimpin, lolz

Old 08-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Mike S
4th Gear
You need to loose all the chrome trim on the front by the grill and badge and spot lights included. Then it will tie in a lot better.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Juiceman
4th Gear
Now its time to nylon the windshield!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:09 PM
HighLife4136
5th Gear
Ya know...if you take a Sharpie to those grill surrounds, it'd look a lot better

Jokin' man! Keep doin' what you think looks Pimp!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:52 AM
22CooperS
4th Gear
I say we give this guy credit for trying something new. The more I look at it, in context of wanting flat black headlights, he did a good job. What else would you have him do for flat black headlights?? I still suggest trying window tint! Light output really does not look like it is affected, and if running xenons, which are bright anyways, he should be fine with light output. My only concern, as a detailer- BUGS. The first time a buy squashes into one of those, you're done. You're going to have nasty bug guts everywhere.

Still though:

+1 for Ingenuity

Old 08-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Received 168 Likes on 134 Posts
cool mod

Say what you want but I like the look with black MINI's. Adds texture as well as tint....... Sorta makes it look like the eyes of an insect

Is this some sort of industrial strength nylon material and what other color nylons are available ?

Good job.

BTW: You are not serious about tinting your windshield I hope....if so, I would not come to the east coast with that MINI, youll get a "strip it or tow it ticket to the impound yard - without the required medical prescription from a physician and certification from the Registry of Motor Vehicles.....

Old 08-31-2008, 06:12 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
its been tinted since the week i owned it. 15% all the way down..only 1 ticket..double 5% on the side and rear windows

Old 08-31-2008, 06:42 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
its been tinted since the week i owned it. 15% all the way down..only 1 ticket..double 5% on the side and rear windows
Why are you so damned proud about your blatant disregard for driving laws and the safety of other drivers on the road?

With that type of tint, how could you POSSIBLY see flashing lights?

With your proposed "wall of sound", how will you even HEAR emergency sirens?

You're a danger to everyone around you...and you're an imbecile for bragging about your illegal mods!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
Originally Posted by Uber Blu - Erika
Why are you so damned proud about your blatant disregard for driving laws and the safety of other drivers on the road?

You're a danger to everyone around you...and you're an imbecile for bragging about your illegal mods!

Come on now really? Driving laws and safety . Theres a lot more things to be worried about on the road then pimp and his tint......

Old 08-31-2008, 07:44 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear

the post you quoted about me saying "its been tinted..." how does that say im "proud" ?

its my car, i like dark tint and ill have it tinted as i please. i can see emergency lights just fine thank you. ive never been in an accident even with my explorer's 5% tinted windshield...i can see fine with dark tint...others cant back up in a car with 20% where 20% is like clear glass to me....just becuase you cant see with dark tint doesnt mean we all cant..

Old 09-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Jahmills
5th Gear
Nice work Your windshield is kind of shiny, I would do that next.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let him mod his car the way he wants to mod his car. How will you be able to hear the emergency sirens over all your whining?

Also, name calling is against the NAM guidelines. Please show some respect and not call him an "imbecile" even if you don't share the same opinions on modding

Calling this cheap while you rattle can your parts rather than spraying them in a proper spray booth....lol

Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 AM
22CooperS
4th Gear

The last thing you or anyone on here should be concerned with is "illegal" mods. I worked in a Honda service department for a few months. In the amount of time I worked there, we had people whose cars were in such disrepair, it is likely they aren't even alive anymore. People with suspensions which, at the slightest lean of the body, would throw the car into the other lane. Cars with brakes that would NOT stop. We should be more worried about the guy with the bald tires driving next to us, the car with no brakes, and the car coming at you head on because they have crap suspension.

I say all that to say this: If you even knew the state that many cars on our roads are in, you would NOT want to be driving.

That's not even taking into account the driver and distractions.

Guess what? I have "illegal mods". I don't have a front license plate. That's illegal in Ohio. Why is it illegal? So cops can have just cause for pulling someone over in the even they're suspicious. Same with tint. Same with stereo equipment.

I'm sorry, but I don't owe the law an explanation for what I do to my car. If the majority of people don't submit to a law, they law becomes null and void. The government should cater to US, not we to them.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:43 AM
cartar452
Banned
pimpin aint easy

Old 09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Ancient Mariner
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I, for one, am thankful that you drive on the right coast and I on the left. Wouldn't want to be chasing down a twisty road at night knowing you might be coming the other way.
Wouldn't this give you the same effect from the driver's seat and give you the feeling of tinted windows at the same time?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
other drivers can see me. i love how you guys think you know everything about how this affected my lights, when you dont. not a single one of you has seen it in person at night. any car can see me JUST fine, becuase ive had friends drive in their car and look and tell me so.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:47 PM
MBR
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cartar452
pimpin aint easy

Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by 22CooperS
The last thing you or anyone on here should be concerned with is "illegal" mods. I worked in a Honda service department for a few months. In the amount of time I worked there, we had people whose cars were in such disrepair, it is likely they aren't even alive anymore. People with suspensions which, at the slightest lean of the body, would throw the car into the other lane. Cars with brakes that would NOT stop. We should be more worried about the guy with the bald tires driving next to us, the car with no brakes, and the car coming at you head on because they have crap suspension.

I say all that to say this: If you even knew the state that many cars on our roads are in, you would NOT want to be driving.

That's not even taking into account the driver and distractions.

Guess what? I have "illegal mods". I don't have a front license plate. That's illegal in Ohio. Why is it illegal? So cops can have just cause for pulling someone over in the even they're suspicious. Same with tint. Same with stereo equipment.

I'm sorry, but I don't owe the law an explanation for what I do to my car. If the majority of people don't submit to a law, they law becomes null and void. The government should cater to US, not we to them.
Things must've changed in Ohio...it used to be if a mechanic (ESPECIALLY a dealership's!) felt equipment was unsafe/faulty, the mechanic had a RESPONSIBILITY to tag the vehicle accordingly. That way, if the owner/driver refused to have work done to fix the problem(s) and an accident occurred, the owner/driver couldn't claim lack of knowledge or say that they thought the mechanic did the work.

I have first-hand knowledge of what can happen when a car has darker-than-legal tint and/or too loud of a stereo system...cars colliding with ambulances which were enroute to/from an accident.

Pimped acknowledged that he could "see" the flashing lights, but he didn't give any reply regarding "hearing" the sirens.

He truly can do whatever he chooses to his car...

Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by 22CooperS

Now THAT'S funny...yet so very sad that you actually believe it's true.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
Calling this cheap while you rattle can your parts rather than spraying them in a proper spray booth....lol
People who have seen the parts that I've rattled-canned were impressed. The best compliment came from auto-body employees who thought the parts WERE booth-sprayed!

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

PS: Are you ever going to carry Cooper designs? Some of your designs are neat but only feature MCS....

Old 09-01-2008, 01:31 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
People who have seen the parts that I've rattled-canned were impressed.

Well, you're argument is null and void. you just said it yourself.

THE PARTS THAT YOU RATTLE CANNED THAT PEOPLE HAVE SEEN, IN REAL LIFE, THEY SAID IT LOOKED GOOD.

you havent seen my lights IN REAL LIFE, therefore, how do you know how it looks?????

thanks for playing!

go sit in a corner now

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior "nylon'ed" my headlights LOL!