Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior "nylon'ed" my headlights LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
Well, you're argument is null and void. you just said it yourself.

THE PARTS THAT YOU RATTLE CANNED THAT PEOPLE HAVE SEEN, IN REAL LIFE, THEY SAID IT LOOKED GOOD.

you havent seen my lights IN REAL LIFE, therefore, how do you know how it looks?????

thanks for playing!

go sit in a corner now
1. Judging by the pics you've taken, it's my opinion (to which I'm entitled) that the end result looks horrid. Many other NAMers have agreed that the look is "cheap", but hey, if that's the look you want.......

2. I commented on the tint because your levels of tint are illegal in EVERY state and commonwealth of this country. You seem to have a "me-me-me" attitude without any concern for others. Although I haven't seen your tinted windows in person, I have seen how dark 15% tint really is...as well as how dark TWO layers of 5% tint is in real life.

Agree to disagree...

Old 09-01-2008, 02:04 PM
22CooperS
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's called "For the People, By the People"...

Originally Posted by Uber Blu - Erika

Now THAT'S funny...yet so very sad that you actually believe it's true.

I aboslutely believe that's true. The speed limit here is mostly 45MPH, yet EVERY car does 50MPH. 5 over... it's common.

I'm saying that we have the power to change/influence laws... if nobody follows them, then they are not able to be enforced. Whether we just ignore them or petition to have them changed, citizens technically make the laws.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:08 PM
fdavid
4th Gear
Ouch!...I give you credit for the hard work but if you are past your teens, this looks silly.
Maybe you need to get rid of the chrome and go with an Aero Kit. Also it might have been more effective to leave the "glass" clear and get the interior of the lights professionally painted flat black?

Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
1. Judging by the pics you've taken, it's my opinion (to which I'm entitled) that the end result looks horrid. Many other NAMers have agreed that the look is "cheap", but hey, if that's the look you want.......

2. I commented on the tint because your levels of tint are illegal in EVERY state and commonwealth of this country. You seem to have a "me-me-me" attitude without any concern for others. Although I haven't seen your tinted windows in person, I have seen how dark 15% tint really is...as well as how dark TWO layers of 5% tint is in real life.

Agree to disagree...
15% isnt dark. im sorry you have horrible vision.

Originally Posted by fdavid
Ouch!...I give you credit for the hard work but if you are past your teens, this looks silly.
Maybe you need to get rid of the chrome and go with an Aero Kit. Also it might have been more effective to leave the "glass" clear and get the interior of the lights professionally painted flat black?
like i said i may still do that (paint the inside of the lights)

Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Man, it's hard out there, er, in here for a pimp.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:43 AM
OldRick
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why not "nylon" all the windows while you're at it?

I just hope no-one gets hurt by your car before you get the ticket.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
no reason for anyone to get hurt. becuase the fact you cant see through tint doesnt mean that i cant either.

your username pretty much sums it up

OldRick.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 22CooperS
I aboslutely believe that's true. The speed limit here is mostly 45MPH, yet EVERY car does 50MPH. 5 over... it's common.

I'm saying that we have the power to change/influence laws... if nobody follows them, then they are not able to be enforced. Whether we just ignore them or petition to have them changed, citizens technically make the laws.
Call up your Congressman and/or Senator and see what they say about that!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 PM
suspencer
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
Originally Posted by Warped1966
Call up your Congressman and/or Senator and see what they say about that!

And thats exactly what the goverment wants, for you to know they have full control and that you have no say, You just gave themw hat they want! Congrats!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Originally Posted by littlehandegan
And thats exactly what the goverment wants, for you to know they have full control and that you have no say, You just gave themw hat they want! Congrats!!!
Are you feeling ok? If I don't like a law, I protest it and/or vote against the politician in my ward/district/state/region that had a part in enacting it. I don't follow the notion that, "if everyone breaks it, they have to change it". What on God's green Earth are they teaching where you went to school??

Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Kelly Girl
Banned
Just how many forums are you trying to get pwned on -- about this MOD???

two words, SPRAY TINT

Old 09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
OldRick
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't have to be old to note that this is probably the silliest-looking mod ever done.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:57 PM
littlehandegan
Are you feeling ok? If I don't like a law, I protest it and/or vote against the politician in my ward/district/state/region that had a part in enacting it. I don't follow the notion that, "if everyone breaks it, they have to change it". What on God's green Earth are they teaching where you went to school??

Well I guess using tax money to enforce laws that are being broken by everyone is money well spent, (not just referring to tint)

Old 09-02-2008, 04:59 PM
jgooch74
2nd Gear
I for one like the mods you've done The headlights are OK but a Joey mod would look much cleaner.If you want a tinted windshield it's not my business,its your car and it will be your ticket to pay.Why is everyone so damn uptight.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:02 PM
littlehandegan
Originally Posted by jgooch74
I for one like the mods you've done The headlights are OK but a Joey mod would look much cleaner.If you want a tinted windshield it's not my business,its your car and it will be your ticket to pay.Why is everyone so damn uptight.

You sir, won the handegan post award of the day! THANK YOU!!!

Jack

Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by jgooch74

1. He has 15% tint (blocks 85% of the light) on his WINDSHIELD. From what I've been able to find out via various websites is that most states will grant a 30% tint (blocks 70% of the light) IF a legitimate medical waiver is obtained & approved by the DMV.

2. He has DOUBLE 5% tint (one layer blocks 95% of the light...I guess TWO layers blocks 97.5% of the light?) on the REST of his windows.

3. I've personally seen the aftermath caused by overly-tinted windows & excessively loud stereos--the driver couldn't SEE or HEAR the emergency lights & sirens of the ambulance/firetruck/police car...lives were lost and forever changed due to someone's BLATANT disregard for laws.

Perhaps until one of your friends, family members, or co-worker becomes a victim in such a situation, you simply don't have the ability to understand...

Old 09-02-2008, 05:11 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Well I guess using tax money to enforce laws that are being broken by everyone is money well spent, (not just referring to tint)

Clearly the "honor system" doesn't work. Civilized society = laws.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
littlehandegan
Thanks for your 2 cents!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Yep, it sure is. Those damn cops keep writing tickets to speeders and reckless drivers as your family motors safely (??) along on the highways and byways of our great nation. What are you going to say at your family's funeral when some speeder, because there are no speed limits now thanks to your "everyone speeds thus the law should be voided" notion, wipes out your family? Do you see the point of having speed limits and enforcing them now?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
littlehandegan
Yep, it sure is. Those damn cops keep writing tickets to speeders and reckless drivers as your family motors safely (??) along on the highways and byways of our great nation. What are you going to say at your family's funeral when some speeder, because there are no speed limits now thanks to your "everyone speeds thus the law should be voided" notion, wipes out your family? Do you see the point of having speed limits and enforcing them now?

Can you quote me where I stated anything about speeders/ wreckless drivers?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
What you said above equates to saying that the speed limit laws should be changed to the speed that the majority of the people run on any given road.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
1. He has 15% tint (blocks 85% of the light) on his WINDSHIELD. From what I've been able to find out via various websites is that most states will grant a 30% tint (blocks 70% of the light) IF a legitimate medical waiver is obtained & approved by the DMV.

2. He has DOUBLE 5% tint (one layer blocks 95% of the light...I guess TWO layers blocks 97.5% of the light?) on the REST of his windows.

3. I've personally seen the aftermath caused by overly-tinted windows & excessively loud stereos--the driver couldn't SEE or HEAR the emergency lights & sirens of the ambulance/firetruck/police car...lives were lost and forever changed due to someone's BLATANT disregard for laws.

Perhaps until one of your friends, family members, or co-worker becomes a victim in such a situation, you simply don't have the ability to understand...
if you are a defensive driver you will still see lights. last time i checked the police and firefighter (my dad is a FF) the lights they used arent autozone brand lights...i can see an 80s car with foggy stock headlights through my double 5...you act like i cant see lights..i can. if you disagree, then your argument of you so-called "seeing cars with this dark of tint before" is null and void, becuase you can see lights through the tint at night, either that, or you're blind as a bat...sorry if you're blind, im not old yet so i still have my sight and hearing, pal.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
yea, maybe if its a careless driver or drunk driver. i KNOW how to drive. my record is PERFECT. i have ZERO points on it. argue if you wish, you just think you have to win becuase you are older. have at it if you please.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Have I got this right?
You're blacking out your headlights (sort of)
Tinted your windscreen -that alone speaks volumes-
Must hold your head out the window to see where you're going
Are considering a four light driving light bar - all the better to blind on-coming traffic
So, this is ALLLL about you
Safety be damned

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior "nylon'ed" my headlights LOL!