Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior "nylon'ed" my headlights LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:58 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont have to stick head out to drive

who calls it a windscreen?

the lights wont blind on coming traffic as i will have them properly aimed downward to light up the street and not aimed at on coming traffic, doubt theres any car lower than ours and the bar is on the bumper aimed down, so yea, its not gonna blind anyone.

yes im blacking out my headlights (sort of?? i did..)

yes, its all about me. not you, its my car.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
billzcat1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
i can see an 80s car with foggy stock headlights through my double 5..
What about pedestrians? What about bicyclists or motorbikes? What if its foggy? What if other cars don't have their lights on? It's obviously all about you. I hope you someday come to your sense and realize that you are a member of a society.

I think your clean license has a lot to do with luck. You're obviously violating a number of laws enacted for public safety. These laws weren't enacted because the government has nothing better to do or because they want to control everyone's life with an iron grip... they are there for public protection and a vast majority of the public thinks they are reasonable.

Don't get me wrong. I am glad we have the right to modify our cars and I'm not saying I don't break traffic laws. I speed, just like everyone else. However, I don't think we should repeal the speed limits. I acknowledge the laws and I'm willing to pay the consequences if I am caught. I'm willing to take criticism from someone if they think 10 over is unsafe. What I am trying to say is that regulations exist for a reason and one should be ready face the consequences, be they financial, legal, or public ridicule.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Calaway16
3rd Gear
The bottom line is that you shouldn't count on other people seeing you. Doing that is suicide (If you want to see an example of good drivers getting it wrong, watch ALMS or LMS with the prototypes flying around unsuspecting GT cars and getting hit).

Where I am, 30% is the most tint allowed on the front-side windows. The most tint allowed on the windscreen is 0% (i.e. no tint is allowed).

I must say, seeing a car with tint on any of the windows (often such that I cannot see the driver's face) does not inspire confidence.

By the way, since the pimpout wants to bring age into the equation, and belives that older folks are simply out to get him, I'll tell you that I am 17. Out of humility, please consider others more important than yourselves.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:55 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
going on 6 years of driving and all my cars have been tinted like this since i was 15, even when i still had a permit. you may say its luck, but i can just drive with tint...i honestly can say its easier for me, and i know others that say the same (yes he had 20% w/s and double 5 all around)

i drive in the day with the windows down alot, and at night with them up, becuase i dont like lights in my mirriors blinding me.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
22CooperS
4th Gear
Wow. This whole thread has gone from rude to vicious...

Old 09-03-2008, 04:19 AM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Quote - if i stick my head out the window, i can see good. - Quote
That's your direct quote from the first post. If you don't believe me, look at it.
Yeah, it is your car . . . . but it's OUR safety on a PUBLIC road.
You just don't get it do you?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:24 AM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know the pics are blurry but it was getting dark, ill get good pics tomorow.

overall i like it, and ill see how it holds up. it did decrease light output alot, becuase i have my windshield tinted...if i stick my head out the window, i can see good. im ordering a Palo Uber bar with 4 hella 500s in the next few days, so that will brighten things back up.
GOOD CATCH!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
i did say that, but i can still drive normally, its obvious with ANY tint, if you roll the window down you can see better, no matter what window or how dark it is. but do you honestly think i drive with my head out the window? read a few posts up and youll see that i posted that i drive at night with the windows UP.

if your worried about your safety, dont come to my area

Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 AM
OldRick
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why not just wear sunglasses when you drive at night?

You'll look like a fool either way, but the glasses are removable, so you could still drive home after getting the idiot-ticket...

Old 09-03-2008, 09:04 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
lol ok whatever dude, come to florida and see about every other car with illegal tint, prally 40% of the cars i see every day have a tinted windshield

Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Kelly Girl
Banned
lol ok whatever dude, come to florida and see about every other car with illegal tint, prally 40% of the cars i see every day have a tinted windshield

lemming....

Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
what lol

Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
fronjoni
4th Gear
what if everyone on here sticks to the topic
this is a mini forum, its about modding your car...and this thread, just so happens to be about modding his headlights, as terrible as they look, that is what this thread is about.....
this person has tinted his windows....more than half of everyone on this forum has tinted their windows. if all of you feel SOOO strongly about his and the general publics tinted windows and their inability to drive properly with them then why dont you start a whole new thread about tinting windows and how it is quite possibly the most terrible and life threating CRIME/MOD you can do to a car.....
as for this thread, everyone should stfu and let this guy be...stop sitting all high and mighty in your office chairs talking abotu "ohhh you've never been a victim, oh you cant see the car, oh blah blahb albh ablabh ablh...stfu...you do performance mods to make your car faster, derrrrrr, see a connection?....just stfu and stop sticking your feet in your mouths

Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
glnr13
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
come on! 40%?! snap a video, i wanna see this.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
theres more and more cars everyday with tinted w/s in florida...its hot as hell here...cops really dont bother much about tint..

my MOMS car has a tinted windshield..

Old 09-03-2008, 10:00 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fronjoni
this is a mini forum, its about modding your car...and this thread, just so happens to be about modding his headlights, as terrible as they look, that is what this thread is about.....
this person has tinted his windows....more than half of everyone on this forum has tinted their windows. if all of you feel SOOO strongly about his and the general publics tinted windows and their inability to drive properly with them then why dont you start a whole new thread about tinting windows and how it is quite possibly the most terrible and life threating CRIME/MOD you can do to a car.....
as for this thread, everyone should stfu and let this guy be...stop sitting all high and mighty in your office chairs talking abotu "ohhh you've never been a victim, oh you cant see the car, oh blah blahb albh ablabh ablh...stfu...you do performance mods to make your car faster, derrrrrr, see a connection?....just stfu and stop sticking your feet in your mouths

good post.

except this part

this thread, just so happens to be about modding his headlights, as terrible as they look

Old 09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
OldRick
6th Gear
+1 for
...as terrible as they look...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
glnr13
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
theres more and more cars everyday with tinted w/s in florida...its hot as hell here...cops really dont bother much about tint..

my MOMS car has a tinted windshield..
for real?! need pics

Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 AM
OldRick
6th Gear
From the Florida Driver's Handbook:

"Windshields: Must be safety glass and may not be covered or treated with any material which has the effect of making the windshield reflective or in any way non-transparent."

"Side windows: May not be composed of, covered by, or treated with any material which has a highly reflective or mirrored appearance and reflects more than 35% of the light."

There are also laws about how far head- and tail-lights have to be visible, and this mod would certainly break those laws too.

There are good reasons for these laws. If you use tint on any windshield, and dim your lights, you are a serious hazard at night, because you cannot see well enough to drive well.

Personally, I hope they impound and tow your car when you get the ticket, as it cannot be driven safely at night.

End of my comments on this unbelievably foolish mod.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Ancient Mariner
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OldRick
+1 for
Sorry, OldRick, the OP dismisses any opinions of us old f@rts out of hand. Experience counts for naught in this discussion (see Uber Blu - Erika's initial post) so save your breath.
He will rationalize any criticism to his mod that he sees (head out the window, indeed! wtf?).
I, for one, will willing defend anyone's right to look silly -until in endangers another person. Then, well...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 AM
fronjoni
4th Gear
good post.

except this part
sorry
clever yes.
looks..no.
nothing personal.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:33 AM
planeguy
6th Gear
The guy posts pictures (crappy pictures mind you) or his hideous mod on the internet. When someone does this they are seeking attention and comment by the very act of posting on an internet forum. The wide consensus here is that it is a cheap ghetto mod better suited for some honda with a silly wing on the back. I can promise you that nobody will bother to comment on someones car that they didn't post all over the internet. But since dude did post here, he is going to get the feedback.

Talk about acting like a victim

Old 09-03-2008, 10:37 AM
fronjoni
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner
Sorry, OldRick, the OP dismisses any opinions of us old f@rts out of hand. Experience counts for naught in this discussion (see Uber Blu - Erika's initial post) so save your breath.
He will rationalize any criticism to his mod that he sees (head out the window, indeed! wtf?).
I, for one, will willing defend anyone's right to look silly -until in endangers another person. Then, well...
wow you guys really are stretching this and making it more about you and the fact that your opinions are not being heard/accepted for whatever reason (being old?)....just a rule of thumb...a person only need to state their opinion once, MAYBE twice, and then let it go and see what happens...advice can only be given, not enforced and that does NOT mean you can start to insult, criticize, demean someone because they don't share the same opinions as you....you are acting like a bunch of children trying to persuade this one person that he is endangering everone around him because of his mods...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 AM
fronjoni
4th Gear
Originally Posted by planeguy
that is quite possibly the most un-thought out statement ive read in this whole thread.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by planeguy
The guy posts pictures (crappy pictures mind you) or his hideous mod on the internet. When someone does this they are seeking attention and comment by the very act of posting on an internet forum. The wide consensus here is that it is a cheap ghetto mod better suited for some honda with a silly wing on the back. I can promise you that nobody will bother to comment on someones car that they didn't post all over the internet. But since dude did post here, he is going to get the feedback.

not one person in real life has said it looks cheap or bad in person. you havent seen it, so keep judging by the pics.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior "nylon'ed" my headlights LOL!