Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior "nylon'ed" my headlights LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemme know.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner
Dood! You even got the blur right. Awesome!
Are you sure that blur you're seeing isn't a by-product of your "research?"

Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM
call it spade
5th Gear
i support the murder look and all that it comes with.

i want to nylon my tails.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM
call it spade
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
OMG where can i get that sticker i heard it adds 45 HP to da wheelz
cosmetic horsepower

Old 09-04-2008, 05:07 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
hahahahhahaha

Old 09-04-2008, 06:27 PM
suspencer
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm canceling my subscription to Moss MINI and picking up a Victoria's Secret.

hey pimp, any word on that black on black euro plate?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
havent ordered it yet. im de-nylonging the headlights btw. they still look good as new but i think ill just joey mod it and im trying to get lamin-x to make me some covers but in flat black, and put the slightest smoked flat black cover on the headlights + the joey mod and itll be dark enough. i just really like the flat finish becuase its gonna go with my theme

Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Ancient Mariner
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just a note, pimpedout97x: Having a driver's license for six years is not the same as six years of driving. You've only driven a small fraction of that time, so your actual driving experience is a fraction of those six years. That's why pilots experience is based on hours of actual flying not how many years they've carried a pilots license in their back pocket.
Driving experience takes time, and lots of it; something you don't have yet.
So basing your ability to handle problems that may occur because you can't see well out of your windshield, and your headlights don't adequately light up the road on the fact that you've had the license for six years doesn't cut it.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Ancient Mariner
6th Gear
Originally Posted by suspencer
I'm canceling my subscription to Moss MINI and picking up a Victoria's Secret.

hey pimp, any word on that black on black euro plate?
An additional bonus, suspencer: V.S. has a lot more store locations than Moss Mini, too...

Old 09-04-2008, 08:31 PM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
Just a note, pimpedout97x: Having a driver's license for six years is not the same as six years of driving. You've only driven a small fraction of that time, so your actual driving experience is a fraction of those six years. That's why pilots experience is based on hours of actual flying not how many years they've carried a pilots license in their back pocket.
Driving experience takes time, and lots of it; something you don't have yet.
So basing your ability to handle problems that may occur because you can't see well out of your windshield, and your headlights don't adequately light up the road on the fact that you've had the license for six years doesn't cut it.
no need to be techincal about it. driving is nothing compared to flying a plane LOL....

again, for the 18th time, i can see just fine out of my tint. if you cant, that doesnt mean someone else cant either.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Ancient Mariner
6th Gear
True, driving is nothing compared to flying (done both).
Consider this from Wired Magazine:
Safety:
This one's a no-brainer. According to the
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 42,642 people died in traffic-related accidents in 2006. The National Transportation Safety Board reports that just over 1,500 people perished in aviation-related incidents last year, and of those only 50 involved commercial aircraft. You can't really argue that your odds of getting to St. Louis in one piece aren't better if you hop a flight.
42,642 annual auto deaths, 1,500 aircraft deaths. Advantage: plane

I'm going to go out on limb here and assume that you won't find many pilots putting tint on their windscreens that block 95% of the available light...

Old 09-04-2008, 09:09 PM
chpsk8
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No offense, but you can't see well out of your tint. It's physically impossible to see the same out of tinted glass as it is out of clear glass. Until you devise a way to overcome the laws of light transmission, refraction, and reflection you will not be able to see the same. You're perception is that you can see the same.
I can speak from my experience driving a van for months across country with a tinted windshield. Yes you get used to it, but at the same time you are hindered by the loss of light.
We've all been where you are at. You want a sweet ride that is different. You've chosen a few off the wall mods to try and be different and thats ok by most. But you've set yourself up for some abuse when you take a Mini and turn it into a Honda.
Plus you keep knocking this thread to the top with meaningless posts in an effort to stay "in the lime-light". Hopefully the ego boost you get from all this is worth it. If it is I'm sure you'll pop this thread to the top post haste.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 AM
call it spade
5th Gear
still on the dark tint, eh? haha

i did the lamin-x on my headlights and it took awhile but looks good now. make sure to "melt & stretch" the plastic. Also, definitely take off the headlight rings before installation... woops.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
42,642 people died in traffic-related accidents in 2006
yea, 42,642 jackass's that dont know how to drive, prally 80% of the people that died and it wasent there fault were just clueless drivers that just sit there at red lights, etc, and drive not paying attention to anything else.

im always looking behind and around me, while driving and while stopped, and ive avoided other people getting in a wreck with me before too by doing so. its called defensive driving. sure its not going to always work, but alot of times it will. im not gonna argue on a forum with you about it.

Originally Posted by chpsk8
No offense, but you can't see well out of your tint. It's physically impossible to see the same out of tinted glass as it is out of clear glass. Until you devise a way to overcome the laws of light transmission, refraction, and reflection you will not be able to see the same. You're perception is that you can see the same.
I can speak from my experience driving a van for months across country with a tinted windshield. Yes you get used to it, but at the same time you are hindered by the loss of light.
We've all been where you are at. You want a sweet ride that is different. You've chosen a few off the wall mods to try and be different and thats ok by most. But you've set yourself up for some abuse when you take a Mini and turn it into a Honda.
Plus you keep knocking this thread to the top with meaningless posts in an effort to stay "in the lime-light". Hopefully the ego boost you get from all this is worth it. If it is I'm sure you'll pop this thread to the top post haste.
i never said i can "see the same as i can through clear glass" becuase i obviously cant. dont know where you read that. i said i can see fine, WHICH i can. do you have my eyes? no. so how the hell do you know how i see things?

you guys on here get butt hurt way too easy about things, stop whining already...

Originally Posted by call it spade
still on the dark tint, eh? haha

i did the lamin-x on my headlights and it took awhile but looks good now. make sure to "melt & stretch" the plastic. Also, definitely take off the headlight rings before installation... woops.
pics?

Old 09-05-2008, 05:03 AM
rtwerk222
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
yea, 42,642 jackass's that dont know how to drive, prally 80% of the people that died and it wasent there fault were just clueless drivers that just sit there at red lights, etc, and drive not paying attention to anything else.
Well, now you've managed to officially cross the line of propriety, but of course you have no idea what that means.
The subject of this thread was originally about modifications on your vehicle, which included (but was not limited to):
Placing nylon stockings on your headlights - discussed ad nauseam
Placing nylon stockings on your taillights - a link to an additional thread
Tinting your windshield - discussed ad nauseam

I could go on and on about your taste (or lack there-of), consideration for others (or lack there-of), intelligence (or lack there-of), grammar, sentence structure, basic spelling, etc.

But now you disparage thousands of souls who have died in traffic accidents through no fault of their own. Did you really mean to call the innocent drivers killed by drunks as "jackasses"? What about the children, who just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, are they also "jackasses"?

I submit to you, that there is only one "jackass" on this thread.

Do yourself a huge favor, buy a Civic, and join another forum.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:27 AM
cartar452
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rtwerk222
Well, now you've managed to officially cross the line of propriety, but of course you have no idea what that means.
The subject of this thread was originally about modifications on your vehicle, which included (but was not limited to):
Placing nylon stockings on your headlights - discussed ad nauseam
Placing nylon stockings on your taillights - a link to an additional thread
Tinting your windshield - discussed ad nauseam

I could go on and on about your taste (or lack there-of), consideration for others (or lack there-of), intelligence (or lack there-of), grammar, sentence structure, basic spelling, etc.

But now you disparage thousands of souls who have died in traffic accidents through no fault of their own. Did you really mean to call the innocent drivers killed by drunks as "jackasses"? What about the children, who just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, are they also "jackasses"?

I submit to you, that there is only one "jackass" on this thread.

Do yourself a huge favor, buy a Civic, and join another forum.
holy **** you know fancy words and can spell

Old 09-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Ok since this is getting nasty and OP is wallowing in his self-satisfaction of stirring up the pot - I'm going to lock this and let the 1st Gen moderators figure out what to do with this.