Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:46 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am interested in these seats. Do they provide color swatches before placing an order?

Old 05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
nypepper
3rd Gear
yes they do, for free too

Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
Thanks for the tip. i just ordered some swatches.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:36 AM
tshizzle
2nd Gear
from their website heres a little better picture of the seat covers

you can see how it tucks in so you still have the adjusters available to you. im really thinking about getting these as my cloth seats are pretty dirty anyways

Old 06-06-2006, 08:41 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
i as well... considering the black with the red piping...

Old 06-06-2006, 08:48 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like this?

Originally Posted by acitydweller
i as well... considering the black with the red piping...
Here's mine. The neoprene has nylon bound to it. So you're skin isn't on rubber. I find them cool. Great when getting in car that's been sitting in sun with top down. No burning thighs. I love them, and when they where out I WILL buy another set, even at the price... Be aware, they do the deadrest in solid red or solid black by default. Took a couple re do's before I got the headrest covers like this.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
2 questions:

One for mmatarella...
I like your seat covers, how close of a match (in color) is the seat cover red to the chili red?

For anyone with the black seat covers...
I also like the solid black w/red piping. My black leatherette seats char my buns when I get in during the summer. Do the Wet Okoles in black get just as hot? (which would kinda defeat the purpose )

Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Thanks. It's a pretty darn good match. Not exact but eveyone thinks it's the facotry uphosltery. I got a swatch and decided it was close enough. Since I have the red doors and dash I wanted it pretty close.

I don't find the black part hot at all after the car sitting in the sun.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:43 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Yeah my interior has the red too so a close match is pretty important. Wish you could have had your Mini at the dragon so I coulda seen it in person

Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
Yeah my interior has the red too so a close match is pretty important. Wish you could have had your Mini at the dragon so I coulda seen it in person
Yup, it was painful to be there in the truck. Supposed to get the car back this week... Finally...

Old 06-06-2006, 10:27 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Awesome Seats!!

mmatarella - I loved your seats so much I just ordered the same! Hope you don't mind . What do they say about copying and flattery?
I don't even have my car yet but given the lead time I ordered the seat covers now. I got the cloth seats and knew that they would need covers to keep them clean. How long did they take to get to you and how tough were they to install?

Cheers

Old 06-06-2006, 11:52 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
RIght!

Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
mmatarella - I loved your seats so much I just ordered the same! Hope you don't mind . What do they say about copying and flattery?
I don't even have my car yet but given the lead time I ordered the seat covers now. I got the cloth seats and knew that they would need covers to keep them clean. How long did they take to get to you and how tough were they to install?

Cheers
I actually had a guy here in DC contact me via NAM. Came to see my car and ordered exactly the same. Convert, colors, Aerokit, even the Wet Okoles. Won't bother me till I see em all over

I want to say it was about 3 weeks. But it's been over a year so I'm not sure. At the time it seemed long as the backs were a bit longer than that. They didn't have a pattern yet for the backs when I ordered. Which they let me know up front.

Easy to install. For the fronts the trick is to raise the seat all the way first. If the seat is in the lowest position it's quite hard to reach and pull the staps through the side trim. With the seat raised it's simple. The back seat sit upon cushion you have to pull. Instructions some with them, and there's a piece on Outmotoring on removing the seat cushion. It was easy and the only reason I had trouble was in putting the rear seat cushion back. My prob came from not reading the directions and doing it 'like my other cars'. When I read the instructions and put the front of the seat cushion in the bracket first, then pushed down on the back it installed in seconds.

On converts you remove the rear head rest by popping the little round cover on the back of the headrest and removing one torx screw. Other than that no tools required.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:11 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Just got a call from Wet Okole to inform me that there would be an extra $20 for the black headrests, but whatever. Still worth it cause they look so good.

Thanks for the info Mark, I'm hoping the car and the covers arrive about the same time. Why don't you come to MITM and we can park to each other and look like twins? Well not really, I don't have the Aerokit, no stripes and mines a MC but other than that...

Thanks again!

Old 06-06-2006, 12:20 PM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Just got a call from Wet Okole to inform me that there would be an extra $20 for the black headrests, but whatever. Still worth it cause they look so good.

Thanks for the info Mark, I'm hoping the car and the covers arrive about the same time. Why don't you come to MITM and we can park to each other and look like twins? Well not really, I don't have the Aerokit, no stripes and mines a MC but other than that...

Thanks again!
Make sure they understand what you want in the headrest. I had to send back twice. If you want black with red piping send a pic of mine and stress it. They sent red. Then they sent black. Third time I got the black with red piping...