Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Customizing BRG MINI

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009 | 10:13 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Old 01-31-2009 | 01:50 AM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Maybe it's the angle, but that's got some serious reverse rake going on there...

Old 01-31-2009 | 11:52 AM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
Hey Turbo,

I am thinking about getting the Aero kit and a front spoiler like you but how well do you get over speed bumps? I was wondering about the clearance issues. Thanks!

Old 01-31-2009 | 01:00 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Aggie - I'm sure you're aware, but he's still running the MCS standard bumper. I think (could be wrong) the aero kit drops the front bumper a bit more than the stock MCS, and with a front lip/spoiler/carbon thingy, you'll be further lowered. If you're running any kind of springs or coils, you're gonna want to be hitting bumps sideways for clearance without scraping... On the flip side, it'd look HAWT!

Old 01-31-2009 | 01:37 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Another member's Mini caught my eye and I thought I'd share.
You better be getting some good ideas now!

Old 01-31-2009 | 03:00 PM
Dimi
|
2nd Gear
yea im getting some really good ideas, i just finished putting green leds inside the car nad im waiting for good weather to put the racing stripes on!!

Old 01-31-2009 | 03:23 PM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
In that pic, you can barly see but i want to continue my stripes down my aero kit like that. I think it looks bad @$$

Old 01-31-2009 | 05:28 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AggieMini11
In that pic, you can barly see but i want to continue my stripes down my aero kit like that. I think it looks bad @$$
Deffo! Stripes gotta go all the way down...

Old 02-01-2009 | 12:34 PM
H.A.W.G.
5th Gear
Originally Posted by xnotfunkylex
You could always get a solid black or BRG vinyl cover for your roof. That wouldn't be too expensive. Some others have also sprayed their roofs with Plasti-Dip to make it black.
I swear this plasti-dipping is going to far. I was okay with the tow hook, great application. The headlight rings were okay, but your roof is just too far

Old 02-01-2009 | 02:02 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by H.A.W.G.
I swear this plasti-dipping is going to far. I was okay with the tow hook, great application. The headlight rings were okay, but your roof is just too far
+1...

Old 02-01-2009 | 02:05 PM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
First post on the site, but I've been lurking for a few days. I'm planning on ordering a BRG/W JustaCooper at the end of the month (waiting for my bonus as a down payment).

I wanted to know if anybody had put any aftermarket seat covers in the BRG Mini? I can't find any of the factory seat options I like (that I'm willing to pay for). I'm ok with the Tuscan leather option, but not willing to shell out $2g for it. I've seen a lot of people on the site with the Wet Okole covers, but none of them seem to be in BRG.

Anybody with any pics or horror stories about Cover colors for a BRG Mini?

Old 02-02-2009 | 10:55 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Thyodin
First post on the site... ...I'm planning on ordering a BRG/W JustaCooper at the end of the month...
Awesome! Welcome!

I wanted to know if anybody had put any aftermarket seat covers in the BRG Mini? I can't find any of the factory seat options I like (that I'm willing to pay for). I'm ok with the Tuscan leather option, but not willing to shell out $2g for it. I've seen a lot of people on the site with the Wet Okole covers, but none of them seem to be in BRG.

Anybody with any pics or horror stories about Cover colors for a BRG Mini?
I haven't heard a whole lot about that, but to be honest, I think the black leather option is the best, especially with the lounge leather on the sport seats. If you don't wanna shell out the cash, go with the leatherette, or if you auto-cross, the cloth (doesn't slip as much as the leather and leatherette when you corner). I'd recommend this (of course, that's just my personal tastes, but hey, sometimes I have good ideas! Sometimes... )

Cheers!

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:49 AM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
And just cuz I got bored...

After you've taken delivery of your Mini, you should do this (Tinted windows, Stubby antenna, slammed on coils)!!!

or throw some green LED's in there...

Last edited by Puma|Mini; 02-03-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-03-2009 | 06:31 AM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
Well, I'm definitely not going to lower it. This is going to be my Year-round car and we get some decent snow from time to time (like today). Last Wednesday I got home from work and couldn't even get into my driveway. I'm spoiling myself with a Mini because it comes with traction control and decent ground clearance, gets over 35mpg, and still handles like a sports car.

But Tinted Windows, Stubby Antenna, replacement Side Scuttles, White Perforated Vinyl to "White-out" the sunroof, and These Shoes are all on the list. I know, the shoes border on silly, but I need some good driving shoes anyways.

I'll probably also do some suspension performance Mods eventually, but I'll want to spend some time getting a feeling for the car as-is before I start messing around with her.

Old 02-03-2009 | 04:36 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
...and These Shoes are all on the list. I know, the shoes border on silly, but I need some good driving shoes anyways.
You won't hear me knocking on driving shoes! I've got at least 7 pair of Puma driving shoes (Future Cats, Trionfos, etc). Deffo a good thing to have. Unless you drive an auto. Then they're not quite a necessary...

Old 02-03-2009 | 09:27 PM
Thyodin
2nd Gear
I've always liked the Pumas, but I've never found a pair of 13s in a Puma store to be able to try them on. Most of the ones I've been to they don't have anything above an 11. I guess they expect people to have little feet.

And I'm definitely getting a Manual. My current car is an Automatic and that's one of my biggest problems with it. My last car was an 06 350z (manual, of course), but I sold it when I bought my house. I still miss that car, but it's not practical as a year-round daily-driver. Plus the way I drive I was averaging around 20mpg in it

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:22 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
I've always liked the Pumas, but I've never found a pair of 13s in a Puma store to be able to try them on. Most of the ones I've been to they don't have anything above an 11. I guess they expect people to have little feet.
In two words: Outlet Store. Lol... They stock crazy sizes, like 17's and stuff...

Old 02-11-2009 | 03:03 PM
junglemini17
2nd Gear
Here my 05 BRG thats checkered out

Old 02-14-2009 | 12:06 PM
jdonaldlukas
3rd Gear
A couple more ideas

There are a few shots of things I've done to mine in my gallery. Might give you some ideas for a green/white/black setup on an '04 R50.

The first shot is my current setup:
White side repeaters with Stealth Bulbs (silver/clear when off/flash amber)
Black/unbeveled trim Euro (mini one) grill.
Sprayed flat black lower steel grille.
Disconnected parking lights (ambers still work).
Stealth front turn bulbs (silver/clear when off, flash amber).
Smoke taped arch reflectors.
OEM fog lights.
Sprayed BRG License Plate Holder.

The other 2 are with white 17" s-lites with 205-40-17's (for summer).

Needs suspension, I know... I'm looking into V-Maxx coilovers, but it's still winter here in MN so I'd have it raised to stock anyway...
Also planning on a light tint (20%) and possibly stripes.

Just a few ideas...

Have fun!

Old 02-14-2009 | 12:51 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
JDonald - just to let you know, 20% tint is definitely not "light" tint on our cars. Since they're so small, it looks waaaaaay darker. I've got 20% on mine, so check out my gallery and see if that's what you're looking for. Just a heads up...

Old 02-15-2009 | 12:50 AM
jdonaldlukas
3rd Gear
Thanks for the tip. I'm definitely thinking lighter. Just for my own knowledge, when they say "20%", I guess they must mean 20% of light let in, correct? In which case, I meant 80% (I think... ; )

Old 02-15-2009 | 01:26 PM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
No probs. And yeah, the percentage stated refers to the amount of light that gets through. I think if you want tint but want it on the lighter side, 35% should be alright. Anything higher and it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Old 03-08-2009 | 10:48 AM
brianbreeze
1st Gear
Just keeping this thread alive...

I recently found these wheels by OZ. They are called Alleggerita HLT.

Old 03-08-2009 | 03:07 PM
Dimi
|
2nd Gear
Good keep it alive... You guys were so right the BRG grew on me so much i love it now.. I just started modding my car.. My r50 looks good im tinting it in a week and i put a Sport hood on it because i dont like the just a cooper hood!!

Since the hood is fresh painted i can tput on my viper stripes til next weekend but those are coming up to!!! And also my next thing im gona do is anew body kit. I found a body kit imitation to orciari but cheaper in price my only problem is my tail pipe is to the right and not in the center

Old 03-09-2009 | 01:35 AM
Puma|Mini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dimi
my only problem is my tail pipe is to the right and not in the center
Relatively easily fixed... Just gotta remove the spare tyre. Among other things, but it's not that hard...

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Customizing BRG MINI