Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Props to Aesthetic Creations

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009 | 09:05 PM
ECHO-313
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RussellCory
This issue has been covered extensively in other threads without anyone insulting the vendor's quality.

In years of modding cars I've never seen a custom part that fits 100% like OEM. I've always been really happy with a 99% perfect fit. In my experience most fit about 80%. My ALTA intake has a huge spot at the bottom where it doesn't fit the stock box and this is a really well reviewed product.

The fix for getting rid of the chrome space is to wrap the edges of the door handles with black trim tape or vinyl or whatever suits your fancy before mounting the handles.

This is all exhaustively covered here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...r-handles.html

I understand that you don't "feel like" you should have to do anything other than press them on but this isn't a OEM part it's a modification. By definition it will need some tweaking.

If Mike is taking a while to get back to you, my guess is that he's working until he collapses on getting product out to customers. He's an honest guy and will get back to you, have patience.

Put some tape on there, press the parts on, let the adhesive set, step back and marvel at how good they look, smile and go for a drive!

DUDE! Sorry I don't read every thread. Especially the ones that were started over a year ago. The intention of my post was not to insult a vendor.
I ordered a product and "I feel" It's not what I was led to believe.
I (without seeing the year old post you were so kind to point out. Which, as you say, is exhausting) ordered this product based on this thread and this vendor's rep on NAM.
Statements like this (by you) is why I ordered : "Just an FYI: I ordered a set of the very first CF door handles from AC. I waited for 2.5 months and was very happy with the final product. Hand made stuff takes time. He's not like those places that spit parts out of machines. Have patience and you will be rewarded."

And the pics posted on AC site don't show the fit and finish of the parts I have.

As far as Modification, I know the definition. I must have missed the part that said "this won't fit correctly you'll have to F$%* with it to get it to fit".
I also "think" your wrong about custom parts. Most parts I've gotten have been of top quality. With great fit and finish. If you weren't happy you should have said something. Anyway, I think that could be another topic.

I've tried to get a hold of Mike and nothing for 3 days. You may be right, he probably is an honest guy. What am I suppose to think?

The point of this thread is to let other people know of my situation so they can make the call.
They see what was represented and can see what I received.
This is not what I expected.
I'm sorry if I sound bitter, not my intention. Just an FIY for others. What else can/should I do?

Old 04-02-2009 | 03:15 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
I hope there are no gaps on my Laser Blue parts, Black tape would not work for me.

Old 04-07-2009 | 11:53 AM
minintrigue
4th Gear
anyone received theirs lately? Or at least a tracking number?

Old 04-07-2009 | 12:25 PM
ECHO-313
3rd Gear
Mike e-mailed me and said I could exchange mine for another pair
I really like the product. (just a little short)
Mike also said he was really busy.

Old 04-07-2009 | 01:43 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
yeah i got an auto response from his email that was saying that he was spending all his time in the shop trying to get orders out.

I cant wait to get mine! I hope i get them before the dragon...

Old 04-07-2009 | 03:51 PM
MrCooperS
zZz

Old 04-07-2009 | 11:00 PM
gwylliongirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ECHO-313
Well, I got mine Monday. Waited 1 day short of 5 weeks for delivery.

I ordered flat black door handle covers. My car is all (mostly) black.
I was going to order the headlight rings and emblem covers, but I wanted to see what they looked and fit like before I spent that kind of cash. I'm glad I didn't order the other stuff.

The fit is SH@i. They are too short. They don't cover all the chrome.
On a black car it stands out like a bright light.
The pics are poor. I did them in the garage at night but I'm sure you'll get the Idea.

I e-mailed Mike Monday night and didn't hear a word.
So, I e-mailed him again last night and still haven't.

Looks like I'm out $50 bucks plus the shipping. Again I'm glad I didn't buy everything.

MAN! I sooo wanted them to look good.

I am so tired of dealing with people like you!!! These are still a test market product as it CLEARLY states on our website.

Copied from the Molded Parts Page Warranty: This product has not been tested in the heat and we are unsure how long they will last. The only problem we foresee is yellowing. While this is a test market and at your own risk, we will do our best to offer alternative product solutions at our discretion if problems arise. We will offer a more accurate timeframe and warranty in the future.
This will be changed in a day or so to reflect new information.

We are always improving product to make it better But Bitching about it on NAM and not Contacting me using any means available is Childish And rediculous. If you had called me instead of Crying on NAM about it you would have got a solution or replacement. Since you stuck them to the car before even test fitting them there is nothing I can for you. That is not my fault and you should have used some patience which it seems that most of NAM lacks.

Now for an explanation to the VERY small amount of chrome showing. First off you only see that if your are seriously standing directly over the handle and no where else. Second. I trim these parts and test them on my car before they go out. They fit perfect on my car and may fit perfect on several others but there is now way to tell. At AMVIV I put the same set on 4 or five different cars and some had very little chrome some has more and some had non showing. My conclusion is it's not my "Inferior Product" But MINI's manufacturing. The door handles are bolted on by a person or several. So how it fits on the car depends on how it was installed and tightened down.

Solution: The rest of the parts that go out will include a small half inch wide Flat black tape to put over the rubber seal and chrome. It matches the color of the rubber seal so It will work for all door handles even the Body color kits.
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose

Now to cover time frames. As of today I counted over 150 parts I have to make and the orders keep coming in. I'm in the shop all week working on these parts. I'm making double the amount of Molds so I can make more parts. Same thing MINI did when they shut down the factory to retool it for the R56. but I'm still only one person making these parts so you will get them when I make them.
Crying about how long it's taking on NAM is not going to get you the parts any faster. So sit back and take a drive somewhere. Get off this God foresaken Forum and do something.

If you have any questions then CALL me. I will not be answering my email so I can work on these parts.

Cheers
Dragonflyer

Old 04-08-2009 | 05:33 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Thanks for the updated. We look forward to our covers.

Old 04-08-2009 | 05:58 AM
Malcon
6th Gear
indeed. the other mini peeps here in montreal will have to have them once they see them! its going to be killer

Old 04-08-2009 | 05:38 PM
JustJAY
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gwylliongirl
I am so tired of dealing with people like you!!! These are still a test market product as it CLEARLY states on our website.

This will be changed in a day or so to reflect new information.

We are always improving product to make it better But Bitching about it on NAM and not Contacting me using any means available is Childish And rediculous. If you had called me instead of Crying on NAM about it you would have got a solution or replacement. Since you stuck them to the car before even test fitting them there is nothing I can for you. That is not my fault and you should have used some patience which it seems that most of NAM lacks.

Now for an explanation to the VERY small amount of chrome showing. First off you only see that if your are seriously standing directly over the handle and no where else. Second. I trim these parts and test them on my car before they go out. They fit perfect on my car and may fit perfect on several others but there is now way to tell. At AMVIV I put the same set on 4 or five different cars and some had very little chrome some has more and some had non showing. My conclusion is it's not my "Inferior Product" But MINI's manufacturing. The door handles are bolted on by a person or several. So how it fits on the car depends on how it was installed and tightened down.

Solution: The rest of the parts that go out will include a small half inch wide Flat black tape to put over the rubber seal and chrome. It matches the color of the rubber seal so It will work for all door handles even the Body color kits.
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose

Now to cover time frames. As of today I counted over 150 parts I have to make and the orders keep coming in. I'm in the shop all week working on these parts. I'm making double the amount of Molds so I can make more parts. Same thing MINI did when they shut down the factory to retool it for the R56. but I'm still only one person making these parts so you will get them when I make them.
Crying about how long it's taking on NAM is not going to get you the parts any faster. So sit back and take a drive somewhere. Get off this God foresaken Forum and do something.

If you have any questions then CALL me. I will not be answering my email so I can work on these parts.

Cheers
Dragonflyer
BAM!

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:38 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
dito.

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:30 PM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
Hi Mike!

I ordered a full set of gloss black moldings for my '08 MCS on Feb 27.

Hannah was good enough to advise by email that my order wouldn't be shipped before vacation; hope you had an excellent adventure and a restful time. Sounds like you both needed it.

As for my order; I have no worries WHATSOEVER about the length of time this has taken. Hand-making parts is always a time consuming procedure. I'm certain the moldings will be great and fitment will be as advertised.

If you need help, send some molds down to Houston and I'll get right on it!!

Best Regards!

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:45 PM
MUShadd
6th Gear
I dont mind waiting...I just dont like waiting and not knowing how long its going to be. I know I could call and probably find out, but that would just put him further behind. I ordered 2/17 or thereabouts....anyone else get theirs recently?

Old 04-08-2009 | 08:13 PM
MInI___Gz
5th Gear
I am waiting for my flat black emblems

Who has pics of a emblem cover b4 install?

Old 04-18-2009 | 06:35 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
Anybody else received their pieces? I hope I get them before the dragon! I was really looking forward to getting them on the car...

Old 04-18-2009 | 07:02 PM
07BPB
5th Gear
Nope.

Old 04-18-2009 | 07:50 PM
JustJAY
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 07BPB
Nope.
+1

Old 04-18-2009 | 08:34 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
... I hope they get here soon. I wish there was a way of telling.. I wonder how many orders were put in before mine...oh well! I guess we'll wait and see. It will make it that much better when they get here I guess

Old 04-18-2009 | 10:03 PM
07BPB
5th Gear
I put mine order in on the 12th of march or something like that. So still a lil way to go.

Old 04-18-2009 | 10:09 PM
MInI___Gz
5th Gear
Nope still got a wait.......welll.... i hope not

Orders 24th of march i think...

Last edited by MInI___Gz; 04-19-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2009 | 12:03 AM
Malcon
6th Gear
i ordered mine mid march also...

Old 04-19-2009 | 01:06 AM
MrCooperS
I ordered it March 7th... nothing yet.

Old 04-19-2009 | 03:37 AM
07BPB
5th Gear

Speaking of popcorn, went to the drive in movies last night with the mini club. People kept yelling out "where is the bank?" to us.

Old 04-19-2009 | 04:24 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
The HD rings in DS I ordered are one of the last mods I will be doing to the exterior........can't wait to see how it will look on the MINI. Ordered mine February 17th so they should be in the hopper.

Old 04-19-2009 | 04:36 AM
07BPB
5th Gear
Just checked your gallery Gray Raven and that will look awesome! Love the gray and black theme you have going. Are you painting the trim around the wheels?

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Props to Aesthetic Creations