Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Props to Aesthetic Creations

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009 | 09:03 AM
bahawton
4th Gear
Took him 6 weeks to finish my stripe when he said it would be done in 2 weeks.

He also doesn't respond to voice mail or e-mail.

Old 09-01-2009 | 11:13 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Sounds like a bunch of long held, vented frustration in that post of his.

For a one-off, one man production business, he makes good stuff. Really good. I'm happy with everything I have bought from him. It also takes anywhere between a long time and an eternity to get it.

Even though this is essentially a "hand made" business where everything is custom, at some point he will have to realize that the business model where you fully charge for something 4-6 months before it can even be made and shipped, doesn't make for happy customers when they are told it's typically 6-8 weeks. Unless you are a part time hobbyist and everyone buying from you understands that.

It's almost like a moratorium on new orders needs to happen until he catches up. Perhaps a non refundable deposit system (or something like that), instead of full payment up front, would help allay concerns.

Otherwise he'll be dealing with these "props devolving into complaints" threads for the life of the business.

Bottom line is that those of you who have been waiting an eternity will no doubt get your stuff, but it sure takes a long time to make each order that comes in.

Old 09-01-2009 | 11:23 AM
MrCooperS
Originally Posted by ECHO-313

Originally Posted by gwylliongirl
I am so tired of dealing with people like you!!! These are still a test market product as it CLEARLY states on our website.

This will be changed in a day or so to reflect new information.

We are always improving product to make it better But Bitching about it on NAM and not Contacting me using any means available is Childish And rediculous. If you had called me instead of Crying on NAM about it you would have got a solution or replacement. Since you stuck them to the car before even test fitting them there is nothing I can for you. That is not my fault and you should have used some patience which it seems that most of NAM lacks.

Now for an explanation to the VERY small amount of chrome showing. First off you only see that if your are seriously standing directly over the handle and no where else. Second. I trim these parts and test them on my car before they go out. They fit perfect on my car and may fit perfect on several others but there is now way to tell. At AMVIV I put the same set on 4 or five different cars and some had very little chrome some has more and some had non showing. My conclusion is it's not my "Inferior Product" But MINI's manufacturing. The door handles are bolted on by a person or several. So how it fits on the car depends on how it was installed and tightened down.

Solution: The rest of the parts that go out will include a small half inch wide Flat black tape to put over the rubber seal and chrome. It matches the color of the rubber seal so It will work for all door handles even the Body color kits.
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose

Now to cover time frames. As of today I counted over 150 parts I have to make and the orders keep coming in. I'm in the shop all week working on these parts. I'm making double the amount of Molds so I can make more parts. Same thing MINI did when they shut down the factory to retool it for the R56. but I'm still only one person making these parts so you will get them when I make them.
Crying about how long it's taking on NAM is not going to get you the parts any faster. So sit back and take a drive somewhere. Get off this God foresaken Forum and do something.

If you have any questions then CALL me. I will not be answering my email so I can work on these parts.

Cheers
Dragonflyer

This is there customer service.

Cheers
ECHO
There's your problem! - Adam Savage

But seriously though for the price you pay and the wait time, I say the product isn't worth it. Maybe I'm just a perfectionist, but I had his door handle covers and head light ring covers on my MINI for a while. From far away, they look nearly flawless. But when you get up close, it's always the same story. Gaps with the door handles to expose chrome. And blotches on the head light rings. I understand that they provide a strip of vinyl tape to cover up the chrome and that all MINIs may be slightly different. But why not send us the door handle covers and then let us test fit it, and then trim or sand it down for a better price? We paid premium, and I mean PREMIUM prices. Over $120 easy for 4 pieces of plastic. Just my opinion.

Old 09-02-2009 | 11:30 PM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
If only we'd known....

Ordered Feb 27. Talked to him 2-3 weeks ago. "Be patient".

No other choice.

Chalk it up to lesson learned....an expensive lesson.

Old 09-03-2009 | 01:56 AM
mattsenpai
4th Gear
what about lyle's wild & filed vinyl kyle pile of styles?

i mean, lyles vinyl styles?
I'd like to know the difference between the two (AC & lyle) if you wanted to blackout your chromey-do-dads.

Old 09-04-2009 | 05:20 AM
daglafe
1st Gear
I'm glad I took a look at this thread before I committed to the items I was looking at to buy.

The extreme wait time and lack of response to many people’s inquiries is unacceptable business, no matter how "honest", "nice" or talented a person is. These are things that need to be spelled out up front.

Above all, the disrespectful forum reply to a concerned customer who had tried to inquire about a product through the proper channels, failed and posted a frustrated post is enough for me to take my business to a more reputable place. Time and money is too important to people to be strung along indefinitely.

I hope service gets better or this business will surely fail.

Best of luck on your orders.

Old 09-05-2009 | 08:16 AM
smieska
3rd Gear
I finally received my stripes after 3 months of waiting, half a dozen phone calls and many emails most of which I did not receive anything but "Out of Office". The stripes appear to be of a good quality and I started installing them today. Not only was the wait frustrating but the fact the my cc took the hit 3 months ago doesnt seem quite right. Good luck to the rest of you that are still waiting.

Old 09-05-2009 | 07:24 PM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
The wait for my order was longer than anticipated but I received everythying I had on order today and WOW...fantastic quality I have to "eat a little crow" because I have ranted about waiting too long, but in the end it was worth it.

Old 09-06-2009 | 10:34 AM
PureWorks
4th Gear
The good, the bad and the ugly. The good, their quality is exceptional!, The bad, can't keep up with quality production. The ugly, unacceptable wait times & up payment in full.
Mike is a perfectionist, that is never going to change. Probably why is is still a one man show...no one can do it as good as me. At the same time, the reason he is overwhelmed is because we all "want" something unique......and I believe for the most part are all satisfied when it finally shows up!
A possible solution, albeit not a popular one if you have already been waiting.
Stop new orders, get "production molds" built in great supply and sent out. Review and evaluate your custom orders for projected hours. If there is a 5 hour project in front of 10, 30 minute projects, prioritize in this case quantity production first. Have Hannah, call email, delayed time consuming projects and give them a revised expectation, or an opportunity to get a refund. Implement an online schedule/queue, by order date, time to complete, and projected order date. You have to have something like this now to keep track. This should help eliminate the black hole syndrome that creates this thread and delays you from completing projects.
Somethings in life are worth waiting for.....in today's economy this is a nice problem to have...too much business......but disposable income is also tight and emotions high. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. From what I've read, looks like 3rd and long.......huddle up and come out in a new formation........

Old 10-03-2009 | 05:31 PM
MiniEOD
1st Gear
i just placed an order for MCS full kit....its now october, so i hope things dont take too long...sounds like orders have been picking up speed

but they look awesome and i dont feel like having to take pieces on and off, these are plug and play..and i like that

Old 10-04-2009 | 07:57 AM
Malcon
6th Gear
These pieces are awesome! Your just going to have to be patient! But you will be very happy once you have them!

Old 10-05-2009 | 05:33 PM
MiniEOD
1st Gear
placed my order saturday, got a call from mike and email from hannah today confirming...said they are working real hard on getting orders out ASAP

seems good to me!

Old 10-22-2009 | 07:21 AM
Jeffsmashkot
3rd Gear
Door handle covers ordered 5/28/2009. Received somewhere around 10/16-10/19 as I was away as of noon that Friday.

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:07 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
wow

Old 10-22-2009 | 09:09 PM
MiniEOD
1st Gear
i spoke with mike on tuesday to add a decal to my order, he gave me a thorough update on what each piece is doing....said my stuff should be ready within the next 2 weeks

ive so far had ZERO communication problems with him, nor been scared of this taking 6 months...

just an update tho

Old 11-17-2009 | 06:12 PM
Pocket_Rocket
4th Gear
Have had great dealings with Aesthetic Creations.. I even ordered the wrong dash kit like a knucklehead and they were very good about taking the incorrect piece back and creating a new one..

Below is a picture of my BLACK JACK dash overlay.. It really makes a difference on the 07+ cars. The center stack was my biggest disappointment with the new model and this really made the console pleasing to look at. The pictures really do not do it justice.

Old 11-17-2009 | 07:09 PM
spamaaron
Neutral
Originally Posted by MiniEOD
said my stuff should be ready within the next 2 weeks

ive so far had ZERO communication problems with him, nor been scared of this taking 6 months...

just an update tho
I'm wondering if your stuff has come yet? I'm interested in ordering some door handle covers and don't want to wait an eternity.

Old 11-24-2009 | 09:13 AM
cycleguru
4th Gear
Mikes creations are AWESOME and well worth the wait.

Old 11-28-2009 | 01:44 PM
MiniEOD
1st Gear
Originally Posted by spamaaron
I'm wondering if your stuff has come yet? I'm interested in ordering some door handle covers and don't want to wait an eternity.
spoke to them a week ago, said they were finishing up the handles and thats all they are waiting on

so i dont think it should be too much longer

Old 11-28-2009 | 01:55 PM
MiniEOD
1st Gear
i did just notice that they lowered their prices though --- i paid 190 + 12 for shipping for 1st gen black out kit

its on their site for 160 now