Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Drunken wife ruined my MINIs interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009 | 05:29 PM
RussellCory
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
An extractor is something that all detailers, especially those that do a lot of interiors have in their toolset. It has a water reservoir that gets heated to 200 degrees. It shoot water into fabrics to loosen dirt and oils and contaminants, and immediately it's sucked back in with a very high powered wet/vac that leaves the fabric mostly dry.

It's like a steam cleaner and wet/vac combined. The one I have cost me $800.

Richard
Thanks for the info. I'm debating just turning it over to a pro & saying "Have at it" but so far the second I mention vomit the local guys are a lot less interested in the job. Not that I blame them.

Originally Posted by In The Pink
Man.....I think the wife owes you big time! Are you two still currently speaking?!?! Lol, I mean, the way you described it sounds like an "Exorcism" moment!!!
Yeah, still speaking. But needless to say I'm quite annoyed. 2 weeks ago a friend asked me if I loved my car or my wife more. I had to hesitate and think about it before I answered "My wife." because it's creepy to love a car more. When I was 14 my Dad took me out for a Saturday drive and told me the great golden wisdom of - "If it has **** or tires it will cost you money. Tires will cost less and won't ever give you a hard time for taking the long drive home." He should have added that that tires also won't get drunk on pink frou frou drinks and puke for over an hour straight.

Oh and it was very, very much like the Exorcist. Except that in The Exorcist she stopped spraying puke after a few minutes.

I never knew that the human stomach could hold that much ANYTHING!

Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
I can't believe nobody has asked this yet.
What.... half an hour wasn't enough to convince you to get her the hell out of the car ??
You must really love that woman.
The problem was that I was on RT 295 between Washington DC and Baltimore. There are very few off ramps & most of them link to other highways. It also has narrow shoulders & I was concerned about getting plowed into by one of the many careening SUVs that were out.

The other problem was, my wife is a female. So she leaves the house without her ID or keys like 98% of the time. At night RT 295 has a lot of State Troopers patrolling. The last thing I wanted to deal with would be a State Trooper asking a lot of questions about a drunken woman, who is projectile vomiting everywhere, and why she didn't have an ID. In Maryland you are required by law to have your ID on you at all times. (Thank you big brother) In retrospect I could have pawned her off on the cop and let HIM deal with the car full of vomit.

Old 03-09-2009 | 05:31 PM
RussellCory
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minimarks
Does she know you brought this to our attention????
Oh yeah! I'm bringing it to the attention of every person I know. Mainly because it is a really funny story. Once you get past all the personal trauma over the trashed MINI.

Old 03-09-2009 | 05:37 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
How does anyone who's been puking from drinking for an hour even get out of bed the next day to clean the car? Wow.

Old 03-09-2009 | 05:55 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
i would have had her on the roof rack....

Old 03-09-2009 | 06:04 PM
ve3hzz
2nd Gear
Oh and it was very, very much like the Exorcist. Except that in The Exorcist she stopped spraying puke after a few minutes.

I never knew that the human stomach could hold that much ANYTHING!

The problem was that I was on RT 295 between Washington DC and Baltimore. There are very few off ramps & most of them link to other highways. It also has narrow shoulders & I was concerned about getting plowed into by one of the many careening SUVs that were out.

The other problem was, my wife is a female. So she leaves the house without her ID or keys like 98% of the time. At night RT 295 has a lot of State Troopers patrolling. The last thing I wanted to deal with would be a State Trooper asking a lot of questions about a drunken woman, who is projectile vomiting everywhere, and why she didn't have an ID. In Maryland you are required by law to have your ID on you at all times. (Thank you big brother) In retrospect I could have pawned her off on the cop and let HIM deal with the car full of vomit.[/QUOTE]

OH stop!!!! please ..I am sooo sorry to hear your tale of woe...but MAN you paint a picture!!! LMAO.....and this last part about ID and State trooper... priceless...oh...I am crying now cause I am on the floor rolling from laughter....THANKS...I REALLY NEEDED THAT!!!...

Seriously however...go speak to someone who does professional cleaning of houses after fires/floods. They may have a few products to help you out with and OZONE type cleaner that may help or have some other suggestions.

Good luck and now you have a BIG one on her!!! save it for a BIG fubar you do in future....

Regards

Scott.

Old 03-09-2009 | 06:08 PM
2FUN4ME
Neutral
I used a wet vac. Just kept pouring water with Woolite mixed in right into the carpeting, then sucking it backup until all was cleaned up. Did it quite a few times to finish the job, but worth it! Do a final rinse with just water. Dog puke for my car and spilled Pepsi-whole bottle!

Old 03-09-2009 | 06:23 PM
High Speed 58
Neutral
That's True Love

Sorry Dude....smoke in the mini and drive with the windows down...remember true love...

Attached Thumbnails Drunken wife ruined my MINIs interior-pic_0004.jpg  
Old 03-09-2009 | 06:24 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
My wife starts acting like a grape in a microwave her tale's getting out of the car...state trooper or not.....

Old 03-09-2009 | 06:37 PM
misslindsey
5th Gear
Just want to say I feel your pain, and that's why I insist on driving the boyfriend's (company) car when we go out and I DD. A few weeks ago we were 15 minutes from home (wedding was an hour away) and he barfed all over a Challenger. The idiot OPENED THE DOOR and puked at 70mph. Thank goodness there were no cops behind me then.
After I got him stripped and in bed I wiped down the door (for once, than goodness for cheap Dodge interiors) and seat (again, thanks for cheap leather). He cleaned it the day after the day after a little better.

Old 03-09-2009 | 06:39 PM
Jhud
4th Gear
I really hope this works out for you.

the smell of puke turns my stomach like nothing else. I dont think i could keep the car as is. I think id have to go anthracite headliner, custom carpet and racing seats. or get rid of it.
wait until it gets really hot outside and then see what it smells like. Or get an impartial mediator...someone whos never been in it before and see if they smell anything. let me tell you, theres nothing worse then booze barf.
course you could puke in her car...only be fair. make sure its a Japenese food night with lots of sake
thatll show her

Old 03-09-2009 | 07:45 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
First, I want to say that sux. Unfortunately, I don't have any better suggestions than what has already been posted.

Originally Posted by RussellCory
The last thing I wanted to deal with would be a State Trooper asking a lot of questions about a drunken woman, who is projectile vomiting everywhere, and why she didn't have an ID.
As a former police officer, I can say that they don't want to have to deal with an any person (especially drunk) who is projectile vomiting everywhere either. In that case, lack of an ID is probably the last thing they're going to be worried about.

Old 03-09-2009 | 07:52 PM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
OK, I HAVE to tell this story.

One night in college I went out with the gang to go, what else, drinking. After we killed several pitchers I wasn't feeling so hot. Got in the DD's car and that's when I realized the perils of sitting in a car, drunk, with no passenger seat (seems he had removed it to make room for his crap when he moved into the dorm). Anyway, the only way I could sit on the floorboard comfortably was to face backwards. Too low to see out the window and facing the wrong way will really tumble your gyros, especially when alcohol has already started the job.

So, anyway, the DD decides to stop for tacos, and they pump a couple into me thinking it will help. Not so much. We start back to the dorm and the girls in the back seat can tell I'm about to blow (remember, I'm facing them). We almost make it home when, at left turn, he catches a red light. It's really getting ugly, so I open the car door slightly and start yakking out the narrow opening...that's when the light changes, he punches the gas, and centrifugal force swings the door wide with me hanging on, nose barely clearing the pavement, and my stomach not missing a beat. Not that I cared at the time, but must have been spectacular. The two girls screaming from the back seat just added to the scene.

Anyway, we make it back, they drag me to my room and throw me in my bed. A gal from down the hall (that I hardly knew) spent the night with me making sure afraid I didn't choke on my own vomit.

We've been married 25 years...

Old 03-09-2009 | 08:07 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Sin MINI

One night in college I went out with the gang to go, what else, drinking. After we killed several pitchers I wasn't feeling so hot. Got in the DD's car and that's when I realized the perils of sitting in a car, drunk, with no passenger seat (seems he had removed it to make room for his crap when he moved into the dorm). Anyway, the only way I could sit on the floorboard comfortably was to face backwards. Too low to see out the window and facing the wrong way will really tumble your gyros, especially when alcohol has already started the job.

So, anyway, the DD decides to stop for tacos, and they pump a couple into me thinking it will help. Not so much. We start back to the dorm and the girls in the back seat can tell I'm about to blow (remember, I'm facing them). We almost make it home when, at left turn, he catches a red light. It's really getting ugly, so I open the car door slightly and start yakking out the narrow opening...that's when the light changes, he punches the gas, and centrifugal force swings the door wide with me hanging on, nose barely clearing the pavement, and my stomach not missing a beat. Not that I cared at the time, but must have been spectacular. The two girls screaming from the back seat just added to the scene.

Anyway, we make it back, they drag me to my room and throw me in my bed. A gal from down the hall (that I hardly knew) spent the night with me making sure afraid I didn't choke on my own vomit.

ROFLMAO!!

I gotta ask: What rocket scientist came up with the idea of feeding TACOS to a drunk person who's on the verge of puking?

Last edited by Mishka; 03-09-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2009 | 08:14 PM
Hondo
1st Gear

OMG you're killin me! That is funny!

Old 03-09-2009 | 08:21 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by RussellCory
Thanks for the info. I'm debating just turning it over to a pro & saying "Have at it" but so far the second I mention vomit the local guys are a lot less interested in the job. Not that I blame them.
If you do decide to let the pros do it, forget about the automotive detailers and find a local company that specializes in homicide/suicide cleanup. Not only can they get absolutely anything out of anything, they'll be happy to do it because it's the easiest job they'll have all week.

Old 03-09-2009 | 08:22 PM
BEAVR
3rd Gear
my sympathies. my wife did the same on her birthday after an 'irish wake' and a couple raspsberry stouts. steam vaccumed the next day, armor all, fabreeze, got it cleaned before the smell saturated. hooked up a dehumidifyer overnight. if it lingers too long, you're SOL.

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:25 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Thank you everyone I really enjoyed the stories. I have been laughing for the past ten minutes straight while reading all of these posts in this thread.

To the OP, good luck getting your car back in order.

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:29 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jhud
I really hope this works out for you.

the smell of puke turns my stomach like nothing else. I dont think i could keep the car as is. I think id have to go anthracite headliner, custom carpet and racing seats. or get rid of it.
wait until it gets really hot outside and then see what it smells like. Or get an impartial mediator...someone whos never been in it before and see if they smell anything. let me tell you, theres nothing worse then booze barf.
course you could puke in her car...only be fair. make sure its a Japenese food night with lots of sake
thatll show her

hahahaha noooooo!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:43 PM
ve3hzz
2nd Gear
OK, I HAVE to tell this story........
I have a FEW tales of similar circumstances. The B E S T is when a few friends back in college days were out drinking at a FEW establishments and got...well VERY intoxicated. We had a DD, however he decided to have a couple without letting us know. No biggie we thought, we'd just take the transit home, and get the car the next day. Well, one of US...was let's say (for the record it wasn't myself) a little beyond the rest in inebriation.
WE got onto the train...the LAST car as we just made it...staggering all the way down the escalator through the turnstyle and onto the plateform. One of my buddies had to wiz REALLY bad, so he got up and went to the back door and opened it...with the train doing about 50-60 MPH!!! We jumped up to grab him as he stood there wizzing off the back and swaying back and forth. We held him by his belt (thank god for strong leather) and let him finish. Since then (for other reasons I'm sure) you can't even get to the back door of any subway trains in the city. I just wish I had a camera that nite...it was a site to see. A few other "riders" that early morning were also entertained by our antics. Glad to hear all the good unsung hero's the DD who get's everyone home safe n sound, even if there were some tell tale signs of it lingering. THANKS TO ALL WHO TAKE UP THIS CAUSE TO SAFE A LIFE!!!!

Regards

Scott,

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:01 PM
Malcon
6th Gear
haha thats funny. and scary..
but yes, late subway rides are usually entertaining for that very reason... not so much the wizzing....but just people coming home from the bars etc etc

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:23 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
I drove my very drunk friend once. He almost barfed a few times in my car, but I pulled over fast enough and he did it out the open door. We talked about it later and had he barfed inside, it would have seriously tested our friendship.

About subway rides...
I was in Tokyo about a year ago for a few months. One night I was out late and caught the last train for the evening to get back to my home station some 20 minutes away. Anyway, there was a group of drunk businessmen already on the train. They could barely stand and almost didn't last the trip to the next station. As soon as they staggered off the train, one of them let loose all over the station floor. His buddies were trying to help him up. The site of the barf made one of them spew, at which point the doors closed and the train pulled off. It could have been really bad had it been inside the train.

Old 03-09-2009 | 11:03 PM
edubledie
4th Gear
lol wow this blows ...literally lol but yeah my neice spilled milk of all things in my mini once and yeah ....replaced the carpet ...unfortunately those pungit* ? smells stay put

Old 03-10-2009 | 08:30 AM
RussellCory
|
5th Gear
It's so cool to see that I'm not the only one who has had to deal with this situation!

As soon as I got home from work last night my wife ran out to the car with an arm full of cleaning supplies & re-attacked the seat & carpet. I left the windows down and the mats out all night.

On a side note: I will never purchase another vehicle that doesn't have the all weather mats. Having those mats helped keep a significant amount of girl spew off of my carpet.

We will see how it went when I go out for work in a bit.

If it still smells I'll probably take a day or two off of work to tear the interior apart.

I had a girlfriend back in the late 90's who vomited all over her car when I was driving her home from a night out. The next morning she pitched a huge fit about why I hadn't cleaned the car out for her. I was more than slightly pissed about the idea that she expected me to clean her puke out of her car…

I'm so glad I married someone who is willing to swallow their pride and do what it takes to make thing right.

I'm still working on the racing seats but she's not buying it…

Old 03-10-2009 | 10:00 AM
mini_racer
5th Gear
As mentioned earlier, you do not need fancy steam cleaning equipment. Just get your wet/dry shop vac, plenty of water, (warmer water is better as it is a better solvent), and then your de-smell agent of your choice. Some great selections already mentioned are Natures's Miracle, Baking soda, drier sheets.

Don't be shy about getting things wet, really wet, as the shop vac will suck almost completely dry.

Do it yourself, cause if you pay to get this done, there is no way you will be able to sweet talk your way into some new seats.

Last edited by mini_racer; 03-10-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:02 AM
RussellCory
|
5th Gear
After driving into the office things still stink…

The carpet cleaner seems to be doing it's job well. The carpets barely stink it's the passenger seat that really smells.

I'm gonna have to pull it out and take it apart. Ugh.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Drunken wife ruined my MINIs interior