Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Matching factory gauges

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll try to keep this on the current page of this thread. Group Buy still on throught the end of October.

Group Buy Prices:

Vac/Boost, 30" Hg - 30 PSI (mechanical) $47.50

Oil pressure, 0-100 PSI (electric) $59.50

Oil pressure, 0-100 PSI (stepper) $83.50

Water temperature, 100-260°F (electric) $53.50

Water temperature, 100-260°F (stepper) $77.50

Oil pressure and water temperature gauges include the sending unit with 1/8" NPT connection.

Stepper motor gauges have peak recall and warning functions.

Shipping is $10 in the lower 48 states. Hawaii, Alaska and non-USA destinations will be determined individually.

The CravenSpeed mounting and adapters are going to be 10% off list price for this group buy. If you have any other CravenSpeed requests, I will offer 10% off those items during this group buy. Anyone with existing CravenSpeed mounts should be aware that the new mounts are powder coated instead of anodized so they won't match perfectly. I still have a few anodized pieces in stock so let me know.

Gauge Cup (52mm) gen1 and gen2 $49.00
Gauge Cup (dual 52mm) gen1 and gen2 $71.00
Bracket X (gen1) tach mount for cups $30.00
Bracket ZL (gen1) cup mount for chrono/nav $40.00
Bracket ZR (gen1) cup mount for chrono/nav $40.00
Bracket A (gen2) cup mount $45.00
Bracket R (gen2) single cup mount $40.00
Cup Caps (52mm) caps for back of cups $26.00
Tapless Adapter (gen1) oil pressure adapter $44.00
Tapless Adapter (gen2) oil pressure adapter $67.00
Hot Link (gen2) water temp adapter $54.00
PSIClone (gen2) vac/boost adapter $35.00

Please e-mail your billing and shipping addresses to gaugegb@blackoaks.com. Be sure to include your phone number and the gauges and mountings you want to buy. I will e-mail you an invoice for you to OK and then you can call me or vice-versa for the CC info. Some have e-mailed me the CC info which is OK if you are comfortable with that. I do not bill until I ship. I have not received the gauges yet so I expect to start shipping next week. You can call me if you have questions at 559.320.0004 Thanks.

Steve

Old 10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
These gauges rock makes the car look so much more impressive.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:59 AM
chris.j.lamb
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Steve,

I have sent you an email about 1 boost gauge for the UK.
This post is to prove my NAM ID.
Hope this is Ok with you.

EXCELLENT JOB with these........

Cheers

Chris

Old 10-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Jazzop
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Email sent!

I just found this thread, and I'm definitely on board with the current and planned gauges. I've been holding off on extra gauges for 3 years because of the crappy-looking choices out there. I also would like to see an ammeter added to the future models proposed.

Question:

Has anyone tried to swap these into the factory gauge pod that goes under the radio? (This one). I'm not sure what size those gauges are.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jazzop
Email sent!

I just found this thread, and I'm definitely on board with the current and planned gauges. I've been holding off on extra gauges for 3 years because of the crappy-looking choices out there. I also would like to see an ammeter added to the future models proposed.

Question:

Has anyone tried to swap these into the factory gauge pod that goes under the radio? (This one). I'm not sure what size those gauges are.
I know that Steve has been working with Paul to add more gauges with that in mind and the options to add more then just the two that are down below your eye scan I would go with the more is better approach. Look in my gallery lots of pictures of them mounted on an R56 color and look they match all the Mini's perfectly.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Email sent!

Question:

I was considering putting my gauges in the under-dash pod. Still haven't really made my mind up though - these gauges are so nice looking, it would be a shame to 'hide' them down there...

Old 10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Jazzop
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tron Chief
I know that Steve has been working with Paul to add more gauges with that in mind and the options to add more then just the two that are down below your eye scan I would go with the more is better approach. Look in my gallery lots of pictures of them mounted on an R56 color and look they match all the Mini's perfectly.
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
I was considering putting my gauges in the under-dash pod. Still haven't really made my mind up though - these gauges are so nice looking, it would be a shame to 'hide' them down there...
I asked because I already have the OEM voltmeter & oil temp gauges down there, but I would like to replace them with the Marshall ones (if they ever make them). Actually, my plan is to have the oil temp, oil press, coolant temp, and boost gauges up by the tach, then put voltmeter and ammeter down under the electronics stack.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
I asked because I already have the OEM voltmeter & oil temp gauges down there, but I would like to replace them with the Marshall ones (if they ever make them). Actually, my plan is to have the oil temp, oil press, coolant temp, and boost gauges up by the tach, then put voltmeter and ammeter down under the electronics stack.
I originally had the Marshalls SCX gauges installed with silver faces and amber back lighting where as those two are down and away from the others the font, slight color and needle center not being silver might not be that big of an issue. SRTech should be able to order those if you wanted in both the oil temp and volt applications.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
meh
2nd Gear
Can anyone tell me what color wire is a good source for the non dimming headlight circuit in the steering column? Unfortunately I do not have a wiring diagram for the car...
Thanks,
Marty

Old 10-10-2009, 09:39 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by meh
Can anyone tell me what color wire is a good source for the non dimming headlight circuit in the steering column? Unfortunately I do not have a wiring diagram for the car...
Thanks,
Marty
I'm heading over to Steves shop right now. I will ask him for you

Old 10-10-2009, 04:15 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
I measured the heater hose for the water temp adapter again and discovered that it is 5/8" inside diameter. I previously measured the stretched hose at 3/4" So below should be the correct adapter.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_accesso...il.aspx?vid=49

Old 10-12-2009, 03:04 AM
meh
2nd Gear
I found an answer to my own question...
Thanks

Originally Posted by meh
Thanks,
Marty

Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 AM
ECHO-313
3rd Gear
Steve, I sent you a couple emails.
Sent another this am, don't know if your getting them or not.
I may be sending them to the wrong place

Old 10-12-2009, 06:14 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by meh
I found an answer to my own question...
Thanks
What did you choose?

Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ECHO-313
Steve, I sent you a couple emails.
Sent another this am, don't know if your getting them or not.
I may be sending them to the wrong place
You are using Yahoo E-mail so check you spam folder. It's hit or miss trying to get anything commercial through because their spam filters are turned up so high. I sent you an invoice last week and another reply this morning.

Steve

Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 AM
meh
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
What did you choose?
I used the grey/purple wire that runs in the harness from the fuse box to the tail light. Easy to access by taking the kick panel off in front of the fuse box and putting a quick connect just before the side of the seat.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Gil-galad
Originally Posted by meh
I used the grey/purple wire that runs in the harness from the fuse box to the tail light. Easy to access by taking the kick panel off in front of the fuse box and putting a quick connect just before the side of the seat.
Excellent...thanks.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
ECHO-313
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SRTech
You are using Yahoo E-mail so check you spam folder. It's hit or miss trying to get anything commercial through because their spam filters are turned up so high. I sent you an invoice last week and another reply this morning.

Steve
DAM YAHOO!!!

I got it.
Payment sent.
Thanks for all the running around.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:15 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ECHO-313
DAM YAHOO!!!

I got it.
Payment sent.
Thanks for all the running around.
They're on the way.

Steve

Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 AM
clutchless
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may have been covered, but there is a lot of data spread throughout this thread. I am interested in the basic electric water temp gauge if it works with the factory dimming circuit. From reading it appears the stepper gauge has issues and needs a separate dimmer. Does the basic electric water temp gauge also need a separate dimmer.

Also a previous post by the seller indicated the water temp gauge would not fit inside the Craven Pods. How has that worked out for those that have done the installation on an R56?

Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
I have both the electric water and mechanical boost, your correct the lights will dim with the insurment lights. No seperate dimmer is required.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Sorry I missed the question about the water temp gauge I ended up cutting the two posts that are used to hold the gauge into a dash using the factory install. I also ended up painting the back of the gauge with black paint to take away from the white back. Look in my gallery and you will see my gauges installed.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Gil-galad
The Craven cup fitment issue must only apply to the basic electric water temp gauge, and maybe other basic gauge versions. FWIW, I procured the stepper motor versions of the oil pressure and water temp gauges and I have plenty of clearance left for the cup caps on both (after cutting off the two dash mount posts, as TC mentions). This is an R50/R53 install; not sure if the cups are different for the R56. In fact, I plan to hide the programming button behind the gauge and under the cup cap -- I can always pull it out later to change the set points if necessary (don't figure I'll be doing it very often).

Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 PM
clutchless
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So it appears if I get the step gauge water temp there are dimmer issues, if I get the basic gauge it does not really fit. Then I am not sure if i need the "Hot link (gen2) water temp adaptor for $54.

It appears the cost would be $228. Basic Water Temp gauge $53.50, Shipping $10, Gauge Cup $49, Bracket single $40, hot link $54 plus a hose connector for the sensor $30 from Summit Racing.

Now I am leaning towards the overly expensive but versatile PLX DM-200 OBDII gauge for $380 (plus pods) since it can be programmed via a laptop to look exactly like a MINI gauge, plugs into the OBD port and can show much more in one gauge.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:42 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchless
So it appears if I get the step gauge water temp there are dimmer issues, if I get the basic gauge it does not really fit. Then I am not sure if i need the "Hot link (gen2) water temp adaptor for $54.

It appears the cost would be $228. Basic Water Temp gauge $53.50, Shipping $10, Gauge Cup $49, Bracket single $40, hot link $54 plus a hose connector for the sensor $30 from Summit Racing.

Now I am leaning towards the overly expensive but versatile PLX DM-200 OBDII gauge for $380 (plus pods) since it can be programmed via a laptop to look exactly like a MINI gauge, plugs into the OBD port and can show much more in one gauge.
You really need to call Steve at (559) 320-0004. he can get you all your answers About the PLX's, they will never look exactly like a Mini gauge as they are LED's. These Marshalls look exactly like a Mini gauge I just ordered a scangauge 2 for all the other stuff.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Matching factory gauges