Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Matching factory gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:41 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, lets do a "do over" Lets forgive Thomas S and get back to a group buy on gauges I need gauges

Old 07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
Ok, lets do a "do over" Lets forgive Thomas S and get back to a group buy on gauges I need gauges
Sorry, you can't have any (for a least a couple of weeks).

According to Paul at Marshall, there will be no oil temp or voltmeter in the MINI design at the present time. Keep the requests coming and I will keep pestering him. I have a tentative count of 40 gauges with will give me a good enough discount to allow me to sell the mechanical boost gauge for about $47 in this group buy. The final price will depend on how many people actually decide to buy. There are other costs such as the adapters for connecting the sending units to the engine which I can get from CravenSpeed. The oil pressure adapter for the R56 is not ready yet, but will be soon. They may run out of the first run so give me a heads-up if you want one. I will need to know who is interested in gauge mounts and adapters so I can work a deal with CravenSpeed. Thanks.

Steve

Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
ranczar
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in too.

I'm in for the group buy. I've PM'ed our esteemed vendor, SRTech, with my gauge desires and had him add me to the list of those interested in a Volt gauge. Life's Good!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Thomas S
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mr. jim
Hi Paul,
That's why I commented on it, not a great way to introduce yourself. And i agree, if you missed the post by that long then forgetaboutit . We're here to help each other and have a good time in doing so, remember we were not born with wrenches in our hands.

Cheers
Mr. Jim
Well fair enough - but you didn't introduce yourself to me all that delicately either, Mr. Jim.

Yes, I'm a bit late with that post (and didn't notice that at the time) - but I'm new to this car too, and was only recently referred to this site. My assumption was that this is primarily a gearheads' forum; hence my apparently none too delicate suggestion that the guy buy some tools and dig in. That's what we all do, isn't it?

I didn't come here to start a flame war or bash anybody (as several others here apparently figured out), but I'm not shy about offering what I consider a reasonable opinion. Maybe there's been a lot of hostility here recently - and I've certainly seen plenty of that on other forums - but I'm not into that nonsense and have no patience with that sort of puerile behavior. Maybe you don't like my writing style or what you sense as "attitude". OK, fine. I'm sorry to hear that, but that's really more your problem than it is mine. The last time I checked, free speech was still OK here, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion (you included, Mr. Jim), and the main topic is all things MINI. Can we agree on all that, call a truce, and get back to car talk?

Thomas S
Not born with wrench in hand, but probably will die with one!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 AM
arnot327
1st Gear
Just found this thread, and read it through: I'd like to be in on group purchase for chrome trim water temp & oil pressure gauges, plus oil pressure adapter and CravenSpeed mounts. Thanks, aloha, Ali Bairos

Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by arnot327
Just found this thread, and read it through: I'd like to be in on group purchase for chrome trim water temp & oil pressure gauges, plus oil pressure adapter and CravenSpeed mounts. Thanks, aloha, Ali Bairos
You have been added. R53 or R56?

Steve

Old 07-02-2009, 08:25 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im excited about this group buy, i think my first mod to my R56 will be a great investment and help me enjoy the car that much more!! WOOHOO!!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 PM
arnot327
1st Gear
Sorry - R55 (2008 Clubman S); photo on Gallery. Thanks, aloha, Ali B.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 PM
hunter99
4th Gear
SRTech, I mentioned a few pages back in this thread I was interested in an oil pressure gauge with chrome ring. I may be interested in a craven mount. Would be very interested in a pressure adapter.

Can the craven flexpod mount be used with the new rear of tach mounting frame in an R53? Looks like there is a chance but not sure. I like the higher mount and it would give me the ability to mount a scangauge in the future for the rest of the info I would want from the car. Probably use the other side of the frame to mount the new Tom Tom iphone mount when it comes out.

Last edited by hunter99; 07-02-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Klepper1
Neutral
I pm'd, but never heard back. in case you missed it, i am interested in an electric boost gauge and water temp gauge. I already have all the mounts.

thanks

Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Klepper1
I pm'd, but never heard back. in case you missed it, i am interested in an electric boost gauge and water temp gauge. I already have all the mounts.

thanks
I got it and you are on the list. Thanks.

Steve

Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by hunter99
SRTech, I mentioned a few pages back in this thread I was interested in an oil pressure gauge with chrome ring. I may be interested in a craven mount. Would be very interested in a pressure adapter.

Can the craven flexpod mount be used with the new rear of tach mounting frame in an R53? Looks like there is a chance but not sure. I like the higher mount and it would give me the ability to mount a scangauge in the future for the rest of the info I would want from the car. Probably use the other side of the frame to mount the new Tom Tom iphone mount when it comes out.
The mounts for the R53 and R56 are not interchangeable since the tachs are different. You can change the location of the gauge cups with the "bone" attachments, but there may be a little more vibration because of the extension. I'll add you to the CravenSpeed list. Thanks.

Steve

Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Only six people have said anything about the CravenSpeed mounts and adapters. I have 22 people who have expressed interest in the group buy for the gauges. I will probably need a little more leverage to get a better price for the CravenSpeed parts, though I carry a few of most of their parts in stock always. The only part that may be a problem is the still unreleased oil pressure adapter for the R55/R56 which may be in short supply. I have two on order from before this group buy and I know that others have pre-ordered. If you have an R55/R56 and want an oil pressure gauge, let me know if you want me to try to reserve a few more. Thanks.

Steve

Old 07-02-2009, 10:53 PM
jay80424
3rd Gear
I'm thinking about the Cravenspped, but I think I want something silver, and non adjustable. Anyone make something like the old Alta one in this old post, in 52mm?

http://img134.imageshack.us/i/guage28gf.jpg/

Old 07-03-2009, 07:43 AM
rjb
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SRTech
Only six people have said anything about the CravenSpeed mounts and adapters. I have 22 people who have expressed interest in the group buy for the gauges. I will probably need a little more leverage to get a better price for the CravenSpeed parts, though I carry a few of most of their parts in stock always. The only part that may be a problem is the still unreleased oil pressure adapter for the R55/R56 which may be in short supply. I have two on order from before this group buy and I know that others have pre-ordered. If you have an R55/R56 and want an oil pressure gauge, let me know if you want me to try to reserve a few more. Thanks.

Steve
I PM'ed you awhile back on my guages and mounts, hopefully you got it OK. I assume I'd need the oil pressure adapter for my '09 JCW. If so put me down for one.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:12 AM
paulgraz
4th Gear
OK - here's what I'd be up for (to summarize my previous posts in this thread)

-VOLTMETER!!! (foolishly hoping Paul at Marshall changes his mind about this)
-Water temp
Chrome rings for both
CravenSpeed mounting system for both - but my R53 has NAV, so I need the funky one that mounts to the back of the tach...

Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by rjb
I PM'ed you awhile back on my guages and mounts, hopefully you got it OK. I assume I'd need the oil pressure adapter for my '09 JCW. If so put me down for one.
Yep, got you.

Steve

Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by paulgraz
OK - here's what I'd be up for (to summarize my previous posts in this thread)

-VOLTMETER!!! (foolishly hoping Paul at Marshall changes his mind about this)
-Water temp
Chrome rings for both
CravenSpeed mounting system for both - but my R53 has NAV, so I need the funky one that mounts to the back of the tach...
They have a voltmeter, just not in the MINI version. Hopefully.

Steve

Old 07-03-2009, 02:06 PM
arnot327
1st Gear
Hi, Steve - just wanted to confirm my posting of two days ago and your response plus your response of last night - re the oil adapter - should I go ahead and place an order with CravenSpeed for the adapter, or are you going to do that as part of the adapter/bracket purchase? Thanks, Ali Bairos

Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Duplicate.

Last edited by SRTech; 07-03-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:57 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by arnot327
Hi, Steve - just wanted to confirm my posting of two days ago and your response plus your response of last night - re the oil adapter - should I go ahead and place an order with CravenSpeed for the adapter, or are you going to do that as part of the adapter/bracket purchase? Thanks, Ali Bairos
I just need confirmation so I know how many of what to order. I will order more. Thanks.

Steve

Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 AM
PA-MCS
3rd Gear
SRTech, you have PM

Old 07-05-2009, 10:51 AM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey SRTech, sent you a couple pm's, no response...

Old 07-05-2009, 11:44 AM
craigsmiller
1st Gear
Steve: Sent you a PM ......... Craig

Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by n1tr0
Hey SRTech, sent you a couple pm's, no response...
Let me know if you get my PM. I not sure what's going on. Thanks.

Steve

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Matching factory gauges