Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Has Anyone Install Front and Rear Foglights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003 | 05:26 PM
Stewartjds
|
1st Gear
I've been Checking my Mini Cooper and The fuse and Relay are already installed for the front Foglights. I was wondering if more of the wiring harness maybe in place. Any information would be great on what others may have found doing the install. Thanks in Advance.

Old 10-14-2003 | 05:36 PM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Welcome to my nightmare!

My '03 MCS already had the relay and fuse in place for front fogs but it seems that was it. The front fog kit consists of the lights, a harness, additional connectors for the lights themselves, a relay and fuse (bonus parts in our case) and assorted hardware. There are no instructions provided. I have discovered that the 'official' instructions apparently have errors when it comes to connecting the harness at the switch bank. Done according to the instructions I ended up with non functioning door locks and no illumination in the switch panel. Done 'my way' everything works as before. It also states that the coding of the car is not relevant to the installation of the lights, but I believe this is not true either.

Hopefully next week I will have the car programmed for the options I installed (front and rear fogs, alarm system) and everything will work. If it does (or doesnt) I'll let everyone know. If it does work, I will create a revised install procedure for everyone to use.

'03 MCS, Dk Silver, 17" R85s, NAV, DSC (often turned off!), Packs #1 and #3, Rally lights, etc, etc. Fulton, MD. FRS 7-21
Let's Cooperate