Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Debuting my car (2 years into ownership...hmm)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010 | 04:23 PM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Debuting my car (2 years into ownership...hmm)

SO...I've owned my '04 MCS for about two years now and have slowly added a thing or two here and there. I son't post a lot, but finally felt like sharing some of my work. Here's the list of mods and a few pics...feedback welcomed!

Go:
M7 16% pulley
Custom Carbon Fiber/K&N intake
One Ball exhaust

Turn:
17 x 7 Breyton GTS-R w/ 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs
H&R Coilovers
Ireland Engineering camber plates (fixed)
Ireland Engineering rear control arms
M7 upper strut bar/tower defenders

Stop:
12.19" Wilwood Front brakes
Crossdrilled/Slotted rear rotors
SS Braided lines
ATE Super Blue fluid
Custom brake ducts

Audio:
Focal 165 A1 components
JL Audio 10W0V2
Alpine PDX 4.100
(custom fiberglass/mdf enclosure., etc added 39 lbs for a net savings of 53 lbs [see below]...fyi)

Misc:
Diet (including rear seat, belts, all bolts and mounting brackets, jack, fog lights, badges, etc...saved 52 lbs [92 if you include the 10 lbs per wheel saved with the Breytons])
Ultrasuede headliner and pilars
Misc 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber-esque vinyl accents
Aero Grilles
Smoked taillights and third brake light
Misc led bulbs
No holes license plate holder (damned CA laws)
Custom bonnet stripes and belt line blackout
Euro Arches (reflectorless)

Future Mods:
Injectors
Tune
Intercooler
LSD
Clutch
Buschings
Short Shifter
Head unit
Seats
Body color door handles and headlight trim rings
Who knows what else...

I drive the car everyday (~18k miles/yr), and although I no longer compete (raced for 10 years) I still hold driving clinics once a month or so...subsequently, the car sees the track every now and again. I wanted the best of all worlds (which is damn near impossible) so I built the car accordingly. Sure, I could've spent more/done more to any of the above categories, but I feel I've built one of the best all around vehicles I've ever owned (this is number 22). Anyhow, I apologize for the long post, but if you've read this far, you're probably as big a geek as me and find this stuff interesting anyway. Thanks for looking!!

-E

Debuting my car (2 years into ownership...hmm)-img_0972.jpg

Debuting my car (2 years into ownership...hmm)-img_0990.jpg

Debuting my car (2 years into ownership...hmm)-img_0985.jpg

Attachment 46658

Attachment 46656

Attachment 46657

Attachment 46555

Attachment 46554

Last edited by REVSMINICOOP; 03-23-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2010 | 04:26 PM
R56 Wi MINI
3rd Gear
Sweet ride!!!!!

Old 03-23-2010 | 04:29 PM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Thanks!

Old 03-23-2010 | 04:36 PM
jirsty
3rd Gear
I really like it, my car is thinking of going on a diet =]

Something about your wheels says 18 inches to me. they look bigger than 17 haha.

but those Euro Arches, those are sweet. I have never even observed those on someone elses car, where did you get those?

also, I think you really need to get a move on making all your chrome body color, would look clean!

Old 03-23-2010 | 04:39 PM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jirsty
I really like it, my car is thinking of going on a diet =]

Something about your wheels says 18 inches to me. they look bigger than 17 haha.

but those Euro Arches, those are sweet. I have never even observed those on someone elses car, where did you get those?

also, I think you really need to get a move on making all your chrome body color, would look clean!
Thanks man! As for the wheels, everyone always mistakes them for 18's...guess it has something to do with the color and drop! The arches I got while on vacation in Australia...you can get them from New MINI Stuff from what I understand. A cheap, and in my opinion, great mod! Working on addressing the chrome issues soon!

-E

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:13 PM
chaseabryant
4th Gear
It looks fantastic! I love the Breyton GTS-R's! Definitely one of my favorite wheels.

-Chase

Old 03-23-2010 | 07:51 PM
JNagy
1st Gear
WOW looks really good !

Old 03-23-2010 | 08:32 PM
Mister-Aandrew
2nd Gear
that looks great. love the stance and the wheels! the tune will pull all your mods together nicely also!
your pretty local to me also, bout 15 min away. come out to some meets sometime. id love to see your ride man.

Old 03-23-2010 | 09:37 PM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Thanks for all the compliments folks! Yeah, the Breytons were on my list from day one! As for the meets, I'd love to come out...shoot me some info. I'm trying to get a track day/driving clinic together in the SoCal area strictly for MINI's. Need to gauge interest first as it's no small feat.

-E

Old 03-23-2010 | 10:17 PM
xnotfunkylex
6th Gear
Nice and clean. I like it.

Old 03-23-2010 | 10:41 PM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
You got yourself a beauty!!! But 2 years? That's one heck of a honeymoon
I so need to move down to Cali... all the good stuff for Mini's is down there. Track/driving meets all the time. Oh and your cars STAY clean

Old 03-23-2010 | 11:33 PM
Mister-Aandrew
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by REVSMINICOOP
Thanks for all the compliments folks! Yeah, the Breytons were on my list from day one! As for the meets, I'd love to come out...shoot me some info. I'm trying to get a track day/driving clinic together in the SoCal area strictly for MINI's. Need to gauge interest first as it's no small feat.

-E
this sunday, out in woodland hills at the amc promenade mall. Super Car Sunday. its a great meet, huge turnout, and tons of fun. come out man. its early in the morning, around 730-8, and goes on till about 1030 or so. maybe later. this sunday is a lamborghini event as well, so theres gonna be tons of them!

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:18 AM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Mister-Aandrew
this sunday, out in woodland hills at the amc promenade mall. Super Car Sunday. its a great meet, huge turnout, and tons of fun. come out man. its early in the morning, around 730-8, and goes on till about 1030 or so. maybe later. this sunday is a lamborghini event as well, so theres gonna be tons of them!
I was wondering where they moved this to..."Cars and Coffee" right? Maybe I'll make it out. Gonna watch F1 late Saturday night with a buddy of mine...we'll see if he wants to roll out with his new DB9.

-E

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:20 AM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AK.JCW
You got yourself a beauty!!! But 2 years? That's one heck of a honeymoon
I so need to move down to Cali... all the good stuff for Mini's is down there. Track/driving meets all the time. Oh and your cars STAY clean
Quite the honeymoon indeed! I hear wonderful things about Alaska, and it's one of only 8 states I've yet to visit...can't say I'd trade my sun and playground for it though.

-E

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:24 AM
minirooferS
4th Gear
That stance is incredible man!!!!! Those wheels along with the drop work with the car perfectly. Wow I need to lower my car

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:39 AM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
I must say those wheels are the best wheels in the world

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:56 AM
NightFlyR
6th Gear
If i did not see the 17 on the side of that tire I would have said NOway, those look Awesome on there.

Old 03-24-2010 | 12:06 PM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Thanks guys! miniroofers, yes, you should lower your car! Although ironically enough, I don't recommend going as low as mine...it rides surprisingly decent and works well on the track, but my entrance/exit angles into driveways etc. are ridiculous (especially for a car with no overhangs), and I can't even drive over a Redbull can on it's side! I guess I've grown accustomed to lowered vehicles over the years, so it suits me.

JustinGTP...indeed they are! Yours is probably only the 4th or 5th I've ever seen with Breytons, and none of those have been in real life.

Love the LED tach and speedo NightFlyR!!

-E

Old 03-24-2010 | 01:12 PM
minirooferS
4th Gear
Haha yup. You should see my friend and his slammed b5 A4. Any more of an angle he would be backing up into the sidewalk coming out of his driveway.

Old 03-24-2010 | 04:13 PM
Mister-Aandrew
2nd Gear
I was wondering where they moved this to..."Cars and Coffee" right? Maybe I'll make it out. Gonna watch F1 late Saturday night with a buddy of mine...we'll see if he wants to roll out with his new DB9.

-E
Its the "Cars and Coffee" of the valley so to speak. cars and coffee is still in Orange County, this is Super Car Sunday, exactly the same and the same cars usually show up to both. definitly make it out tho man! should be sick and the DB9 will fit in perfectly.

Old 03-27-2010 | 09:43 PM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Gonna try and head out there...anyone else interested in going?

-E

Old 03-29-2010 | 11:51 PM
Mister-Aandrew
2nd Gear
i went yesterday, it was pretty awsome man! didnt see you there so i dont think you went, but definitely come out next month.

Old 03-30-2010 | 02:19 AM
REVSMINICOOP
|
1st Gear
Nah, wasn't able to go...was up all night with horrible allergies! Will try again next month. Any other events coming up?

-E

Old 03-30-2010 | 11:14 PM
Mister-Aandrew
2nd Gear
yea man, on thursday night we are doing pure euro, over at the same location... at the amc promenade mall in woodland hills. its a nice chill meet, roll out if you can. people roll in around 8:30-9 pm and hang till whenever.

Old 05-31-2010 | 04:48 AM
ej827
2nd Gear
SO...I've owned my '04 MCS for about two years now and have slowly added a thing or two here and there. I son't post a lot, but finally felt like sharing some of my work. Here's the list of mods and a few pics...feedback welcomed!

Go:
M7 16% pulley
Custom Carbon Fiber/K&N intake
One Ball exhaust

Turn:
17 x 7 Breyton GTS-R w/ 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs
H&R Coilovers
Ireland Engineering camber plates (fixed)
Ireland Engineering rear control arms
M7 upper strut bar/tower defenders

Stop:
12.19" Wilwood Front brakes
Crossdrilled/Slotted rear rotors
SS Braided lines
ATE Super Blue fluid
Custom brake ducts

Audio:
Focal 165 A1 components
JL Audio 10W0V2
Alpine PDX 4.100
(custom fiberglass/mdf enclosure., etc added 39 lbs for a net savings of 53 lbs [see below]...fyi)

Misc:
Diet (including rear seat, belts, all bolts and mounting brackets, jack, fog lights, badges, etc...saved 52 lbs [92 if you include the 10 lbs per wheel saved with the Breytons])
Ultrasuede headliner and pilars
Misc 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber-esque vinyl accents
Aero Grilles
Smoked taillights and third brake light
Misc led bulbs
No holes license plate holder (damned CA laws)
Custom bonnet stripes and belt line blackout
Euro Arches (reflectorless)

Future Mods:
Injectors
Tune
Intercooler
LSD
Clutch
Buschings
Short Shifter
Head unit
Seats
Body color door handles and headlight trim rings
Who knows what else...

I drive the car everyday (~18k miles/yr), and although I no longer compete (raced for 10 years) I still hold driving clinics once a month or so...subsequently, the car sees the track every now and again. I wanted the best of all worlds (which is damn near impossible) so I built the car accordingly. Sure, I could've spent more/done more to any of the above categories, but I feel I've built one of the best all around vehicles I've ever owned (this is number 22). Anyhow, I apologize for the long post, but if you've read this far, you're probably as big a geek as me and find this stuff interesting anyway. Thanks for looking!!

-E

Attachment 46653

Attachment 46655

Attachment 46654

Attachment 46658

Attachment 46656

Attachment 46657

Attachment 46555

Attachment 46554
Nice job. Your Mini looks sweeet. I love the stance of your Mini.
What is your offset on your wheels? 42mm??

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Debuting my car (2 years into ownership...hmm)