Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior mirror, mirror . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010 | 07:23 PM
sunny cal
|
Neutral
mirror, mirror . .

Got home from Moss Mini West a few hours ago with some parts and stuff. One was the outside mirrors with signal lights. No instructions in with part and my manuals don't cover R + R for the mirrors.

Any ideas where I can download instructions to change out the mirrors?

Vehicle is a 2006 S conv. and the part is Moss' stock # 104-006 (mot heated)

Any help appriciated.

Old 05-26-2010 | 03:15 AM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
If I recall right, go on their website and find the mirrors as if you are going to purchase them. Right next to the box where you click add to cart, I believe there was a downloadable PDF file with the instructions. Don't quote me on that though.

Old 05-26-2010 | 06:28 AM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Here ya go! Let us know how they install & look...pics? I've been debating on these myself.

PDF file below.
http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/p...ns/104-005.pdf

Old 05-26-2010 | 01:45 PM
sunny cal
|
Neutral
mirror, mirror . . .

I'll try the site. I'll let you know if and how they go on.

Old 05-26-2010 | 03:00 PM
sunny cal
|
Neutral
mirror, mirror . . .

Am I stupid or what?

I got the mirror off easily using ImagoX's post June 2006 Replace miror covers (WITHOUT breaking the clips rather than Moss's instructions on their site. (Yes they are there.) Popped right out. Moss' instructions look good for the
electrical part of the installation.

The problem is that the mirrors are wired so that means they are heated, right? Non heated should not have wires, I think. So now I've got to send the non-heated LED directional mirrors back and have Moss replace them with the heated ones. Of course I saw some more chrome parts I "need." Chrome mirror caps, trunk hinges, ws washer caps, etc.

Please let me know if you think I'm wrong.

I have pics of the steps I took to remove the mirror, but I couldn't figure out how to attach them. If anyone is interested, email me at jclark57@dc.rr.com and I'll reply with three pictures.

Old 07-08-2010 | 10:06 PM
sunny cal
|
Neutral
now they are on and work great

Ok, I'm slow in replying, so sue me.

I got the right mirrors and didn't have much problem with the installation. A couple of cautions though for those of you that are considering this effort.
1. The above referenced sites are of great help.
2. Be careful with the armrests as the catches are plastic and fragile.
3. Tape the wires down on the probe about 1" or so or they will slip and never go through the desired holes.
4. I found it easier to unscrew the 3 allen-headed bolts that hold the mirrors on the door to get the wires through the mirror body and door opening.
5. Be careful extra attaching the mirrors to the motored body. I broke one of the tabs and had to use 3M's double-backed adhesive to be sure I wouldn't louse a mirror on the freeway.

All-in-all it was a good experience. I am hard of hearing and when alone in the car, I drive with my hearing aid (cochlear Implant) off. With the flashing directional indicators in the mirrors can see that I left the directionals on easier than I can the one in the dash. I'm sure everyone behind me appriciates that.