Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Too much white?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003 | 08:58 AM
ukbyoung
|
2nd Gear
I need some opinions on this. I have a IB/W MCS. It has white mirrors and white bonnet stripes. I also plan on getting white wheels here soon. To me it seems that this doesn't "mesh" well with the chrome accentuations, like the gas cap, headlight rings, window trim, door handles, etc. My question is if I powder coat all the chrome pieces on the outside to match the white, will it have too much white on it? If yall think it will, seeing I don't care at all for chrome, is there any other way to go about it?

Thanks

Old 12-01-2003 | 09:09 AM
countrym
6th Gear
Just my two cents, but I also have an IB/W MCS, with white V-spokes, but no stripes. I think the chrome and white accents work well together. It might look a little weird with the grille trim and headlight rings painted white. And what would you do about the chrome trim that runs all around the car where the windows meet the body (the "belt line&quot? That would probably be a pain to paint.

Old 12-01-2003 | 09:36 AM
ukbyoung
|
2nd Gear
That is kinda what I was thinking about with the headlights and grill. I think the gas cap and door handles would look good though since they are not clustered together like the headlights and grill. The windows wouldn't be a problem.

B

Old 12-01-2003 | 10:48 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
i think it'll look good to coordinate colors, but the fundmental parts
such as the gas cap, door handles, might look better if left chrome.

if you rid all your chrome parts, then that might be a different story.

Old 12-01-2003 | 11:06 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
IB/W with W Wheels and Bonnet stripes to boot. Yes the white and chrome mesh very well thank you. Even bought a second set of wheels in white, so that regardless of the season, I'll have white wheels under all that brake dust.

I wouldn't powder coat the chrome, as it gives a proper "automobile" look to the MINI. Chrome exhaust tips, Chrome fuel cap and door handles, Chrome headlight rims and radiator trim. It all goes well with the white and IB combo. Sounds like you've ordered the perfect car.

Old 12-01-2003 | 09:39 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
>>I need some opinions on this. I have a IB/W MCS. It has white mirrors and white bonnet stripes. I also plan on getting white wheels here soon. To me it seems that this doesn't "mesh" well with the chrome accentuations, like the gas cap, headlight rings, window trim, door handles, etc. My question is if I powder coat all the chrome pieces on the outside to match the white, will it have too much white on it? If yall think it will, seeing I don't care at all for chrome, is there any other way to go about it?

I think the IB/W with white stripes and white wheels works very well already. Adding more white overpowers the blue. The chrome accents are quite good the way they are.
Possible items to paint white include:
Orciari aerokit cowl scoops
Front grille trim/black mesh.
White stripe in a custom design
White pin stripe along side of MINI.

Minus the British roof flag.

A cooper in IB/W

Old 12-01-2003 | 09:45 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
ukb,

What about painting the gas cap IB? I think the chrome and white are nice together...and really like the white wheels with the bonnet stripes and roof. Let us know what you decide...and post pix!

Clo/Wanda