Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Comfort Series Window Tint with Comfort Access?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:55 AM
ke4sfq
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comfort Series Window Tint with Comfort Access?

I am getting my windows tinted finally!! And the Formula One shop doing it suggested their Comfort Series. Do any of you have it and does it interfere with your Comfort Access Fob? I have seen some BMW forums that mention getting the more expensive Pinnacle Series that guarantees no electronics interference.

The dealer says they have installed Comfort Series on many cars and never got a complaint, but never had a MINI before.

Any experience here? I saw some forums about cheaper metallic tint causing problems but none with this brand and CA. Just don't want to pay that much more for the tint if its not necessary.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 07-06-2010, 05:00 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ke4sfq
I am getting my windows tinted finally!! And the Formula One shop doing it suggested their Comfort Series. Do any of you have it and does it interfere with your Comfort Access Fob? I have seen some BMW forums that mention getting the more expensive Pinnacle Series that guarantees no electronics interference.

The dealer says they have installed Comfort Series on many cars and never got a complaint, but never had a MINI before.

Any experience here? I saw some forums about cheaper metallic tint causing problems but none with this brand and CA. Just don't want to pay that much more for the tint if its not necessary.

Thanks,
Kevin
As the actual antennas for the CA are behind the metal side pannels of the car I would think that this would not be a problem as there is a significant amount of metal between the key and the CA antenna anyway.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
ke4sfq
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
As the actual antennas for the CA are behind the metal side pannels of the car I would think that this would not be a problem as there is a significant amount of metal between the key and the CA antenna anyway.
Thanks Schatzy!! I thought I had read they might be in the door but wasn't sure and couldn't find it again. I am getting my tint installed tomorrow. I can't wait, my car is trying to cook me in this 98+ degree weather!!

Kevin

Old 07-11-2010, 06:54 PM
ke4sfq
4th Gear
FYI if anyone searches this thread later, the tint looks great and works fine with all of the MINIs tech. Comfort Access works fine, GPS not affected, and the distance of the remote is the same.

Kevin