Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior New buttons...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM
aemjr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New buttons...

So I was browsing the web and found some advert for anti-vandal buttons, the stainless steel type, and had an idea.

1st button:

Here's the deal, I have a Devil's Own W/I kit installed on my cabrio, everything is hooked up as per the instructions provided. I added an additional toggle switch for power in case I run out of meth mix. IMO it doesn't look so clean, so I decided to buy one anti vandal push button switch (the latching kind-on/off).

18mm bezel

2nd button:

Is for my LC-1. Used for free air calibration. It is the illuminated momentary kind, with a red led ring. This is not an exact pic, I ordered one with solder lugs instead of screw terminals.

22mm bezel

These buttons were ordered through mouser.com.

They are going to be mounted to the left of the steering wheel in the knee bolster. I'm also going to try and integrate and flush mount the progressive controller from the WI in there. The small difference in size is on purpose, so I know which button I'm pressing without having to look down.

I'll try and get my lil' brother to send me a pic of the actual setup. I'll post pics later when all the parts arrive, and I get back to my country to make the install some time in the first week of August.

What do you think?

Later..