Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Need help to black out or not thx in advance

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:27 PM
soccerbummer1104
5th Gear
personally i liked the chrome, on a pure silver car I wouldnt do a blackout, on a DS i would, but i think on a ds it looks bad ***. some cars the chrome helps to break up some lines and accent features. its why i left the chrome on my jet black with a white roof. I might joey mod or something, but the headlight rungs are staying chrome.

Old 07-28-2010 | 05:15 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Fatherdeth
What does being an OGbhave to do with it? Probably nothing different than you being an Internet Gangster. This didn't even concern you. I'd advise you to kind of butt out.
It's a good thing I don't need your advice then. And since I don't see where anybody made you the final authority on what opinions get posted in this thread or not, it concerns me as much as anybody else reading it.

To the OP...when I was deciding whether or not to blackout the belt line or not on our MINI's, I used the electrical tape to get a quick temporary look at what it would look like. When I decided to keep it, I used 3M striping tape since it will hold up better than electrical tape.

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:17 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
It's a good thing I don't need your advice then. And since I don't see where anybody made you the final authority on what opinions get posted in this thread or not, it concerns me as much as anybody else reading it.
Mmmmm,hmmmmm!! Glad I could be of help to you. Nobody said anything about me being final authority. That's what you said. But anyway, sounds like you had to jump in for your own self gratification, so if it made you feel better, again, I'm glad I could help you there buddy!!!

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:20 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by soccerbummer1104
personally i liked the chrome, on a pure silver car I wouldnt do a blackout, on a DS i would, but i think on a ds it looks bad ***. some cars the chrome helps to break up some lines and accent features. its why i left the chrome on my jet black with a white roof. I might joey mod or something, but the headlight rungs are staying chrome.
You know, if you do decide to open up your headlights for painting, white would actually look really good, especially with your roof being white.

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:30 PM
JC55MINI
1st Gear
Just wanted to jump in here for the benefit of the OP. I don't have the PS Roof, but here is an older pic of my MINI.

I have since painted the handles, and removed the factory strips and added boot, bonnet and side stripes in flat black. I still plan to do the beltline, Joey Mod and potentially paint the side mirrors flat.

Hope this helps with the vision, but again, your PS roof will make a big difference.

My MINI is not classy, but I like to be a little more aggresive... as aggressive as i can get with my MINI. I get lots of compliments on the street, but not much in the forums. I'm a one man wolf pack in the forums.

I'll post current pics tomorrow, but wanted to help OP with a quick look

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:14 PM
Yeah.ThatsRice.
3rd Gear
JEEEEEZ. Even if blacking out is played in the Mini world, how often are you ever going to see another blacked out Mini? I rarely see others with ANYTHING done to them, performance or exterior mods.

To the OP: Go for it. It's fun, but don't let the plasti-dip get a hold of your creativity. You'll go overboard.

It IS a little ridiculous that you called yourself a trend setter There are at least 15 threads about blacking out the exterior

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:57 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Fatherdeth
Mmmmm,hmmmmm!! Glad I could be of help to you. Nobody said anything about me being final authority. That's what you said. But anyway, sounds like you had to jump in for your own self gratification, so if it made you feel better, again, I'm glad I could help you there buddy!!!
Speaking of self gratification...pot, say hello to kettle.

Old 07-28-2010 | 08:00 PM
Yeah.ThatsRice.
3rd Gear
Dude. You realize you could have made that into an AWESOME pun considering this is a black-out thread?

Old 07-29-2010 | 05:24 AM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
Speaking of self gratification...pot, say hello to kettle.
Hello, glad to meet you!!!!!

Old 07-29-2010 | 08:24 AM
Bavarias_Finest
2nd Gear
To each and their own.....to each and their own.

Old 07-29-2010 | 08:33 AM
cop1406
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JC55MINI
Just wanted to jump in here for the benefit of the OP. I don't have the PS Roof, but here is an older pic of my MINI.

I have since painted the handles, and removed the factory strips and added boot, bonnet and side stripes in flat black. I still plan to do the beltline, Joey Mod and potentially paint the side mirrors flat.

Hope this helps with the vision, but again, your PS roof will make a big difference.

My MINI is not classy, but I like to be a little more aggresive... as aggressive as i can get with my MINI. I get lots of compliments on the street, but not much in the forums. I'm a one man wolf pack in the forums.

Very nice. Didn't think I would like Pure Silver blacked out, but that one looks great. I am in the process of blacking out my PW. Have everything but the door handles and the beltline done. The MINI's look great blacked out and I am beginning to think that it doesn't even matter what color it is. Don't worry about what other people think. If it makes you happy when you get in and drive your car, DO IT!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2010 | 01:13 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JC55MINI

I agree with Cop. On your first picture, the stance of the car looks really good. And the black wheels set the car off.

Old 07-29-2010 | 03:47 PM
SebZMonsteR
2nd Gear
I agree with the last 2 posts -- I think your car looks really good like this. Even though the handles are still chrome, it looks good oh... and your rear sunroof opens? (2nd gen?)

Old 07-29-2010 | 04:13 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Personally the only chrome I like is the Headlight Rings...It's classy and it just pops when everything else is blackened out. The Raccoon Eyes just doesn't do it.

I have Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop, CF Mirror Caps, CF Tail Latch, Blackened Belt Line, Gas Cap, Black Sport Stripes on a PW/BLK R56 MCS HB. I have Chrome Door Handles and Head Light Rings.

I have Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop, CF Tail Latch on my CR R52 MCS Cabrio...I just started.

Last edited by inimini2007; 07-29-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 07-30-2010 | 11:00 AM
u68423
|
3rd Gear
Black Or Chrome And A R53

Wow guys never thought my question would turn into this. Anyway I did the beltline and that will be all except for black viper stripes. I also debaged the rear ( yes I know chrome ) but like some posters said it's up to me. Dont worry no door handles or gas cap but window titnting yes. Let me know how you like the R 53...

Attached Thumbnails Need help to black out or not thx in advance-img_0759.jpg   Need help to black out or not thx in advance-img_0760.jpg   Need help to black out or not thx in advance-img_0762.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010 | 11:26 AM
Achilless
4th Gear
I like the wheels

Old 07-30-2010 | 11:59 AM
u68423
|
3rd Gear
Thanx, what about the rear badge, I dont want to start another was but hey we are who we are and all have one thing in common the love of the Cooper and that already makes us different in a good way.

Old 07-30-2010 | 01:55 PM
dmagoun
1st Gear
I like the R 53 it's different.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:11 PM
SebZMonsteR
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by u68423
Wow guys never thought my question would turn into this. Anyway I did the beltline and that will be all except for black viper stripes. I also debaged the rear ( yes I know chrome ) but like some posters said it's up to me. Dont worry no door handles or gas cap but window titnting yes. Let me know how you like the R 53...

Looks good, I like the actual size sticker in the window as well

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:14 PM
Bavarias_Finest
2nd Gear
I like the R53, I very well may do the same thing with a different color combination. Great idea, you are my inspiration .

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:22 PM
SebZMonsteR
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bavarias_Finest
I like the R53, I very well may do the same thing with a different color combination. Great idea, you are my inspiration .

I had the same thoughts

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:27 PM
Bavarias_Finest
2nd Gear
Great minds think alike.

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:30 PM
Act_04
4th Gear
I like it! This pic makes it look like you have a different spoiler because of the mailbox...wish I could have that sweet mailbox spoiler...

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:36 PM
SebZMonsteR
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bavarias_Finest
Great minds think alike.
true true... this is why we're all on here right

Originally Posted by Act_04
I like it! This pic makes it look like you have a different spoiler because of the mailbox...wish I could have that sweet mailbox spoiler...

LOL this is SO quotable! That's a different mod.... it'd be the first

Old 07-30-2010 | 07:46 PM
Achilless
4th Gear
^^.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Need help to black out or not thx in advance