Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior M7... m-wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 08:18 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
NEWS FLASH!!

John Cooper Challenge has gone "Rice"

Old 01-28-2004, 08:25 AM
dandp
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the John Cooper website...

Old 01-28-2004, 08:28 AM
dandp
6th Gear
Hi-res images here:

JCW Motorsport

Rice, eh? I guess in the UK it would be Basmati....

Old 01-28-2004, 08:32 AM
rafthos
3rd Gear
Just an observation, the whole problem I see with Peter and M7 is they are on the edge. The cutting edge if you will. Most of Peter's goods are for extreme use and the price is reflective of such use. For the average driver most of his products are not appealing except in the fact that, "wow, that's really cool" now move to the next thought. Lots of people don't see the benefit of one of Peter's products in their life or on their car therefore it has no value. I'm just as guilty. I look at Peter's products and I think, "WHY would anyone wnat THAT on a car as cool as a Cooper." I never stop to think THAT may be just what someone else would want on their car. I would not want the M7 wing on my cooper s. I would see no benefit from the increased handling as I seldom enter the speed range where it functions and the look just isn't for me. However if I were building a track car for road racing I would absolutely have a wing, and the M7 looks perfect for the job. To go a step farther I would also use the twin screw SC, carbon fiber hood, etc. But most of us aren't building racecars so these type products just seem like overpriced eyecandy, or "too much". I don't fault Peter in the least for the stuff he sells, he fills a much needed niche market. I may not agree that all his products work well on the mini, but I admire his spirit in the marketing of fringe element components for the Mini. Peter you keep up the good work. I thought long and hard about this before I posted. Just because his products may have no value to me now doesn't mean they won't in the future. Its all in the application.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:22 AM
goin440
6th Gear
>>Dude, did you read Peter's initial post?

>>See the connection? Peter says its for the track! My questions have to do with how he developed the design. Where is the problem with that?
>>
>>Some of us want to know more about the go than the show.
>>

Dude, I did read it.
Peter says its for the track!
See the connection?

Old 01-28-2004, 09:33 AM
astrochex
6th Gear
See the connection?
I pointed it out to you....

Old 01-28-2004, 10:01 AM
M7
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boys boys...Good Morning

Let's be friends, no need to bicker over nothing....

Paul you should come out to one of our drives, love to have you as a copilot and if your really nice
I let you drive the "Mule" and get some first hand experience with all my products.

We also do monthly track days at Willow Springs Raceway, I do instruct giving you the opportunity
to go from ok to great in one day(limited guarantee... ) all for free.

And if you are in the Los Angeles area call me for info reg these weekend drives etc.

peter horvath
562-712-3270

Old 01-28-2004, 10:04 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't wait to see some of the M7 product line in person in Vegas in February. :smile:

Old 01-28-2004, 10:43 AM
goin440
6th Gear
I posted:

Originally Posted by goin440
So, when are YOU planning to hit the track?
Then you posted:

Dude, did you read Peter's initial post?

See the connection? Peter says its for the track! My questions have to do with how he developed the design. Where is the problem with that?

Some of us want to know more about the go than the show.
Then I responed back having already made the connection which is why I asked it of you in the first place. (see the top of this post)

Maybe we don't understand where each other is coming from. rafthos expresses a similar opinion I share: "I would see no benefit from the increased handling as I seldom enter the speed range where it functions..." By "speed range," I believe this to be unsafe for public roads (not the wing, the speed at which it functions). I assumed you were wanting more wing information for track use.

:smile:

Old 01-28-2004, 11:11 AM
astrochex
6th Gear
That's it.

I would definitely not endorse racing speeds on the street.

I got a little torqued at your stripes post, which in retrospect I see is probably sarcastic.

Old 01-28-2004, 11:35 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Just an observation, the whole problem I see with Peter and M7 is they are on the edge. The cutting edge if you will.<<

No, it's not just that. I think the negativity for M7 products on this site has to do with the fact that Peter originally let other people function as his spokespeople on this site, and they were people who weren't up to the job. You know who I'm talking about. They made silly claims like saying that the plasma booster extended their car's range by over a hundred miles, and they generally just surrounded the M7 products with an atmosphere of stupidity and untrustworthiness.

I for one am glad to see Peter now representing himself and his products here, and doing his best to have informative discussions. I don't like this wing because I just don't think it works aesthetically for the vehicle. I'm sure that an equally functional wing could be designed that doesn't look like such an afterthought. However, I'm glad that M7 is taking the lead and developing so many new products for the MINI. Everyone benefits, the more products that are on the market.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:08 PM
orbhot
6th Gear
M7 has some really nice products and they seem like a nice comapny that's interested in bringing out high performance products, but I'd swear I saw the wing in featured in the "How to Make Your MINI Look Like a Ricer - For Dummies" book.

One tip (and this is not directed specifically toward M7):
If you don't want opinions about your products, don't post them on a public forum.

Visit Sunshine Minis

Old 01-28-2004, 12:09 PM
rafthos
3rd Gear
>>>>Just an observation, the whole problem I see with Peter and M7 is they are on the edge. The cutting edge if you will.<<
>>
>>No, it's not just that. I think the negativity for M7 products on this site has to do with the fact that Peter originally let other people function as his spokespeople on this site, and they were people who weren't up to the job. You know who I'm talking about. They made silly claims like saying that the plasma booster extended their car's range by over a hundred miles, and they generally just surrounded the M7 products with an atmosphere of stupidity and untrustworthiness.
>>
>>I for one am glad to see Peter now representing himself and his products here, and doing his best to have informative discussions. I don't like this wing because I just don't think it works aesthetically for the vehicle. I'm sure that an equally functional wing could be designed that doesn't look like such an afterthought. However, I'm glad that M7 is taking the lead and developing so many new products for the MINI. Everyone benefits, the more products that are on the market.

Good observation, I agree

Old 01-28-2004, 12:16 PM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How about a matching front wing?

Old 01-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Lol great one andy! and is that a Lambo-Limo?

As for the JCW wing, it looks much better. It flows with the car. Even I would install the wing if it works, the M7 wing just looks out of place. But again I would only install a wing that worked and has data that I could see that it does.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:25 PM
no_affiliation
5th Gear
me and ~sugar~ are in our early 20's and we have Cooper, and i know of 3 other cooper S owners that are around that same age.

blah to the sterotypes!

Old 01-28-2004, 03:44 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Chad, I have the perfect solution on a rear wing idea

Old 01-28-2004, 03:46 PM
rfibanez
Banned
>>>blah to the sterotypes!

I 2nd that!

Old 01-28-2004, 05:54 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Hey I wasn't going to say anything.....But I will have a carbon fiber front splitter done in a week
and it's looking totally fab!

peter horvath
562-712-3270

Old 01-28-2004, 06:27 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
>>Hey I wasn't going to say anything.....But I will have a carbon fiber front splitter done in a week

So...I'm still trying to figure out your lil clue....number 6 and red indicator??

Please tell

Old 01-28-2004, 06:34 PM
ecl3x
3rd Gear
>>Haha, most of the older people here only see the MINI as a cute car to pick their kids up from school and go to the grocery store in. It just confuses them that the car might be used in track applications
>>

me included..what would the y-gens think when they see this 40's years old dude in a mini ricer

Old 01-28-2004, 06:39 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
>>>>Haha, most of the older people here only see the MINI as a cute car to pick their kids up from school and go to the grocery store in. It just confuses them that the car might be used in track applications I love it when I see some 80 year old dude cruisin around in a Triumph or Alfa or a Mini...especially when it's totally tricked out...cause you know it's for real as he's too mature to go for kiddi stuff...it's done right!

I'm reachn 50 and every minute in the Mini makes me younger Imagine what a wing (properly adjusted) would do at 150 mph

Old 01-28-2004, 06:49 PM
M7
Former Vendor
>>Imagine what a wing would do at 150 mph<<

Make you look very cool........

Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 PM
rfibanez
Banned
>>Hey I wasn't going to say anything.....But I will have a carbon fiber front splitter done in a week :smile:

Old 01-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Coopertino
Banned
Ok guys, maybe I am a little testy cause M7 still has not come through with many of those products that you guys are giving him credit for already. I have talked with Peter many times, met him a few times and am good friends with some of the Mitsubishi crowd who also know him well. I was willing to put the bad rumors to rest from the Mitsu guys and form my own opinion back early last year. Here is what I have gathered, he can talk the talk but actually coming through is something to be desired.

Where is the Supercharger? (if you read past posts it was suppose to be on his car testing back in August, wow by these pictures I DONT see it.) Some of you guys are willing to give him credit for inventing everything but you really don’t know the truth.

What about those carbon fiber hoods? (oh wait now its fiber glass) Suppose to be out in a few weeks from August. Oh and how about those throttle bodies due out last Feb. 03.... and the titanium header due out in June 03... along with the full titanium exhaust also in June 03 or the head that was promised in May 03.

I talk to all the other tuners and hear all the gossip. Its all the same from them all. I took him serious for about the first 4 months then it was all talk. You guys who are sticking with the hype just step back and in 3 months come back and see actually what M7 developed. To think I was almost ready to send him a big check for the head last year. Now to see a rip off product like this wing that you can order out of any import magazine just kills me. M7 innovating ...right.

Oh and I have been racing a long long time and I would love to bring my Mini to sears point and go up against any of you guys that think this wing is the deal. I bet you will find it creates drag on a car that does not need that kind of stability in that area. It will actually SLOW you down. Where is the testing data for all these products. Show me some results... well there is none.

If any of you really knew what was going on in racing you would know that those TYPE of wings are against rules anyway in most all competition in the USA.

So let’s buy a product that is against the rules in racing, has a bad stigma attached and defend a company you know nothing about. Get some experience with cars, racing and with dealing with M7 then come back and post.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior M7... m-wing